Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

Yes.

:) It's a novelty machine. Single player games didn't interest me too much (including Paper Mario and Zelda), the graphics really put me off it. The control scheme got me too tired swinging around but it can be fun at multiplayer. Things will get better when they implement proper multiplayer and use the controller as something worthwhile (lightsabre?) as half of the uses now are just gimmicks tacked on.

Zelda is a great game but it is a Gamecube port with 480p and widescreen but still has gorgeous artwork.
Another great game is Metroid Prime 3 which makes proper use of the controls as it makes Dual Analog FPS controls seem slow and unresponsive.
I recommend Trauma Center: Second opinion too it's probably the best third party game on the Wii and the controls once you get used to them is great fun.
Otherwise the best game on it is Mario Galaxy for obvious reasons. Other notable games are: Resident Evil 4, Excite Truck and SSX Blur.

I'm not too happy with how we're treated over here in regards to software releases.
Zack and Wiki (A point and click puzzle game from Capcom) was due in December but now is out in January, NiGHTS (the sequel to the Sega Saturn classic) was due December now is due for January and Medal Of Honour Heroes 2 (a good MOH game with better FPS controls than Metroid Prime 3 and 32 player multiplayer!) is thought to be delayed till January too.

Last edited:

SSX Blur was absoloutly awful, and I mean awful. I used to love SSX but Blur is a perfect example of a game being wasted by tacking on controls.

Resident Evil 4 was quality, one of the best games I've played. The Wii is perfect for lightgun games and with House Of The Dead coming out, it's good to own a Wii if they keep bringing those games out.

If anyone cares for a wrestling game on Wii, there were rumours floating around about the N64's WWF No Mercy being released on Virtual Console, which is a quality wrasslin' game.

proper strange SMG sales in Japan are lower than expected. out for three weeks and sold 378,000. It will struggle to sell 1 million.

1up yours podcast was talking about this, the fact that Mario Party would sell more than a new 'proper' Mario game was kinda worrying for Ninty hardcore fans, but the thing is, look at were Ninty marketed the Wii, it can hardly be a shock, there is the added Multiplayer in Mario with a second Wiimote, but look at all the adverts showing people playing Wario Ware or Wii Sports, people have bought the console that dont even know anything about Mario.

Spot on Holio, I'd love to see how much a Wii style Nintendogs game would sell. Or even Pokemon. Ridiculous amounts.

1up yours podcast was talking about this, the fact that Mario Party would sell more than a new 'proper' Mario game was kinda worrying for Ninty hardcore fans, but the thing is, look at were Ninty marketed the Wii, it can hardly be a shock, there is the added Multiplayer in Mario with a second Wiimote, but look at all the adverts showing people playing Wario Ware or Wii Sports, people have bought the console that dont even know anything about Mario.

Holio I not sure how Nintendo market the Wii in Japan but it does seem like they are having a hard time attracting the more serious gamer. that new Resident Evil:UC game shifted 105,000 in its first week but again Wii Hardware didnt really get a boost.

The DS has managed to attract the core and casual gamer. The Wii has not done this in Japan yet.

Watch when Wii Fit is released on Dec 2nd. Sales were go through the roof!!

Well, I've had a few goes on Wii sports and the wife absolutely loves it. She has never played any type of video game before, always said computer games are for 12 year olds - but I can't get her off this.

Nintendo have just made my life MUCH easier! \\:o/

Mario Galaxy is unlikely to get a look in for a while, but I can handle that. I might try her on a Zombie shoot'em up next.

I managed to bag a wii today. Got it from HMV for £270, I got 1GB memory card, Component Cable and could choose any 3 games, so I got Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3 (with wireless guitar) and Mario Strikers. The wife loves Wii Sports, first time she has ever played any sort of console.

For those of you that have a Wii and an HDTV in the wii settings what setting do you put it on?

Not a bad deal seeing the console is sitting at 270 on most ebay auctions.

Yup I was very pleased with it. I wasn't really looking to buy a bundle but when they said that I could choose any 3 games that was good enough for me. I always was going to buy Mario Galaxy and having never played a guitar hero type of game ever before I opted for that.

Yep - I reckon you got a very good deal considering the big stores scandalous bundle deals and the criminal ebay prices.

Mario Galaxy is a superb game (although I'm too old now to really go nuts over it :(). There are a lot of other games I'd like to buy but they'll have to wait until I've done Mario G.

This Guitar Hero game - I don't get it? What do you do, play a guitar to score points? What if you don't play guitar? This one has passed me by, but every one raves about it - I'm very intrigued.....

On TV settings, I've tried all 3 out (on my projector) and to my eye there's little difference between them. I currently have it on EDTV (I have no idea what it means, but it's the best so far).

I managed to bag a wii today. Got it from HMV for £270, I got 1GB memory card, Component Cable and could choose any 3 games, so I got Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3 (with wireless guitar) and Mario Strikers. The wife loves Wii Sports, first time she has ever played any sort of console.

For those of you that have a Wii and an HDTV in the wii settings what setting do you put it on?

memory card?
is it needed?

in japan, new online contents was released yesterday.
we can see tv-ad and etc now.

Yeah I have this channel now. shame the DS demo's are full of the brain training type games. Are you gonna get No More Hero's on thursday? game looks crazy!! love the puroresu moves spike has added.

Why do you think SMG has not done that great in japan. do people not like it compared to Mario 64.

Also memory card is only really needed to put VC games on. My Wii flash memory is full so had to put some games on my memory card.

@kobashi

ill get NoMoeHeroes in this month.
looks prety cooler than any Wii games ever.

about SMG, i hate the round shape of stages.
it confuse me sometimes...

can we boot directry from MemCard?
or need to replace with the files in falsh?
im playing 'Pooyang' (i dont remember correct spell) harder than any wii games lol.

about Wii Fit.
mini games are too easy but its good exercise tool.
im plaing 15 min a day for 3 days.

Last edited:

@kobashi

ill get NoMoeHeroes in this month.
looks prety cooler than any Wii games ever.

about SMG, i hate the round shape of stages.
it confuse me sometimes...

can we boot directry from MemCard?
or need to replace with the files in falsh?
im playing 'Pooyang' (i dont remember correct spell) harder than any wii games lol.

about Wii Fit.
mini games are too easy but its good exercise tool.
im plaing 15 min a day for 3 days.

no you cant boot direct from SD card. Nintendo really need to sort this out!

i cancelled pre-order for wii fit. price went up to £92 from £42 due too low stock!

Bought Guitar Hero III a couple of weeks back, its superb on the Wii, especially online I've suffered no lag, the gf hasn't put it down and she's actively looking to buy a 2nd guitar now to do battle!

yuyazan you got NiGHTS yet. heard Sonic Team screwed up again. I am gonna order We Love Golf.

yeah in this 2 weeks many good games released in japan

i got No More Heroes and We Love Golf but havent played yet
my firiend said she got Chocobos Dungeon and Nights
i wanna get Time next lol

yeah in this 2 weeks many good games released in japan

i got No More Heroes and We Love Golf but havent played yet
my firiend said she got Chocobos Dungeon and Nights
i wanna get Time next lol

cool let me know how we Love Golf play's compared to Swing Golf Pangya and Wii sports..

Last edited:

how much is the game with the guitar

£60 on shopto that's the only place I've seen that's got it.
No more Heroes looks like a must get early next year and Zack and Wiki since NiGHTS is a letdown until Mario Kart and Smash Brothers although there's no blood in the UK PAL version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom