Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

If it wasn't for Super Mario Galaxy I would be joining Snoop in selling mine... After I finished Mario Strikers Charged (which I loved) I haven't touched it...

It's damn hard selling one now Jack, every man and his dog has one already! Even the prospect of mine chipped and with games isn't helping at all. Damn Nintendo taking over the world :p

Well I paid £300 for mine so I'd be stupid to sell it for £300 with the extra remote, games etc. that I've bought for it. But I'm hardly touching it.

To be honest, and this might just be me, I'm finding it hard to play games that don't have achievements. I always said I hated achievement whores (i.e. the guys who rent five games and finish them in five days, even if they HATE them, just to get the points - I know a guy who plays games as if it's his job, for fucks sake, he doesn't have fun playing games any more). I still do hate that, but now I find myself thinking (whenever I want a game of Resi Evil 4 on the Wii for example) "what's the point? There's no achievements." Like it's wasting time when I could be contributing to something bigger instead.

Sad I know. If I had a PS3 I'd be the same. Microsoft are clever bastards.

You know, I've thought the same thing, achievements. As soon as I sold my 360 and got a PS3 and a Wii, I'm playing and then thinking "hang on, where's my achievement points?". Besides completing a game, it gives you some good markers while working your way to the end.

I know Sony are bringing out trophy's instead of points, I hope that comes soon because I did like the achievements system more than I cared to admit at the time. Even my girlfriend asked if the Wii and PS3 had achievement points when she played those, I think she liked the idea of competing points with me, knowing she isn't as good a gamer but enjoying the challenge of picking up the odd achievements which is a good morale booster I guess. Well played MS.

Cheers for the links Snoop. Thank God they've added that... Don't like that it's part of "Home" though...

I'll take this to the PS3 thread, bit more on-topic there :)

And 2K Sports have announced Top Spin for the Wii! Niiiice! Maybe Virtua tennis in the future as well?

Anyway, do the new Wiis still allow you to modchip them?

Wii Fit

dsc_0988.jpg

Can we please have more of these foot fetish Wii images please.

Got this for my birthday last week, awesome.

Only got a few games, but the Sports pack is fantastic.

FD

im thinking of getting one of these

it seems the novelty is wearing off for some people though

Yep, novelty wore off pretty quick with me. My girlfriend didn't like it straight from the off either, odd considering the Wii appeals to girls more than any other console. She prefers the achievements on the 360 hehe :)

Re: Nintendo DS

Which Pokemon game should I get?

And what kind of games would you reccomend for an 8 Year old (me :p)?
I am getting Nintendogs so far, what games to keep my lil' sister engaged.

Playing Mario Kart DS online, great fun :p

Yopee!

And get Metroid Prime, tough to get used to.
Do you guys use your finger or styls for the touch screen?

Not played Mario Kart online, I heard its full of cheaters who "snake"

I bought supercard lite with passcard and 2GB Scandisk microSD card it´s great. Moonshell, ComicDS, DSOrganize all great apps latest Worms is also pretty nice :)

Cheat on DS games in general? The R4 firmware has cheat options for some games, stupid option to include in my opinion as it can ruin online games completely.

Cheat in Mario Kart? Not entirely sure but "snaking" is the term people use. I think it's constantly drifting left and right keeping to a max speed. Something like that anyway hehe.

Cheat in Mario Kart? Not entirely sure but "snaking" is the term people use. I think it's constantly drifting left and right keeping to a max speed. Something like that anyway hehe.

That's it, using the corner drift during straight line parts of the track in order to continously speed boost. Not the best way to keep the game fair.

im thinking of getting one of these

it seems the novelty is wearing off for some people though

i bought a chipped one 6 months ago - haven't touched it in about 3 months.

might have a look if there's any decent games recently...

Back
Top Bottom