Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

Just got hold of Mario Strikers Charged Football, and it's actually really, really bloody good! This could be the first game to make me get another Wiimote and Nunchuk!

It's very addictive!

Played it for an hour this morning and I've played it for another hour this afternoon. It gets to a point where you think "damn, it's too hard" and switch it off - then five minutes later you're itching to switch it back on again! I'm seriously impressed with it, definitely either the best or (seeing as Super Paper Mario is bloody good) second-best Wii game I've played so far.

I've just realised that the two games I consider the Wii's best titles (Super Paper Mario and Mario Strikers Charged Football) don't actually need the Wiimote at all, that's shocking - all you use it for in SPM is to put a circle on the screen, which you could do with a second analog stick on a normal gamepad, and in MSCF all you do with it is shake it to tackle (which you could press ANY button for, it doesn't matter how hard you shake it or anything) and aim it to save these one-off special shots, which is nothing but a gimmick.

There's some games on the Wii I like but (with the exception of Rayman Raving Rabbids, which is a collection of mini-games that only last a week anyway) the actual Wiimote technology just isn't important to them, and if they were on any other console they'd be just as good. I'm really disappointed with the Wii, I was hoping for a revolution in terms of controls, but it's just not.

As a Pokémon fan (the avatar didn't give it away did it?) I'm looking forward to linking Pokémon Diamond/Pearl on the DS with Pokémon Battle Revolution on the Wii - and if that turns out to be crap, then there's no way on earth I'm keeping it.

Last edited:

djdoc360 now officially has a Wii! Got the very last one from GAME in Swindon... :) im a happy man.

Dj

My Wii power supply has started making this quiet squealing noise when the console is on standby or switched off (and yet if you switch it on it stops)... Anybody else got this?

My Nokia Phone Charger does exactly the same thing.... very odd.

Dj

Looks like Wii stock is finally coming into stores now. Was walking round town today and saw it advertised for sale in a few places

Just did the tutorials on Mario Strikers. Seems a fun enough game, but like the Wii itself, I'm sure the novelty will wear off before long. I'm not sure how long I can justify having a console sitting there and not even being used once a week to be honest.

Looks like Wii stock is finally coming into stores now. Was walking round town today and saw it advertised for sale in a few places

Good news, but a lot of places esp. in London don't sell without bundles. I'm waiting in the summer for a good bundle.

Easy rudebois, calm it.

Anwyay, apparently Japenese NTSC-J Wii consoles have somethings trimmed on the board, so it can't be chipped :( So far it is not happening in EU/USA. Let's hope it stays that way, as I want to buy my Wii in July.

Why do you want to chip it? I dont think there is a homebrew scene yet...

Dj

Why do you want to chip it? I dont think there is a homebrew scene yet...
I want to play imported games, like some games in US haven't come out in UK, like Paper Mario, plus it is cheaper to import than buy in UK a lot of the time.

Re: Nintendo DS

i've been watching my 4-year-old playing super mario brothers ds for the first time ever today - he's had it for a few weeks now, but today was the first time i seen him play it...

all i can say is 'oh my god!'

i've been watching my 4-year-old playing super mario brothers ds for the first time ever today - he's had it for a few weeks now, but today was the first time i seen him play it...

all i can say is 'oh my god!'

Jokes. I was the same few years ago. my cousin was 6 when i first showed him Mario Sunshine of the Gamecube. week later he was down going through the levels with little help from me.

Game was Japanese version also.

it's crazy to see it!

i wasn't too sure about getting him a ds at the start, but he loved playing ps1 resident evil: code veronica on my modded psp - whoever scene-released it way back in the day also coded a trainer into it, so i just used to stick it on infinite life, equip the machine gun and give it to him and away he went!!

it was cool seeing him hold down the right trigger and press [] to fire! at this point, i must add that he knew they were only zombies and not real people!

anyway, i think it's safe to say he's caught the gaming bug!

A 4 yo playing a 15 rated game, genius lad.........

HAve to say i never liked Nintendo Stuff, Always hated that Mario Crap, But after giving the Wii a go up in my bros, I went stright out and Bought one LOL, Got Tiger Woods Free with it, And have to say i realy enjoy it, The Tennis and the Baseball are also good fun to Play, The Graphics may not be the best for games i know, But the playability is superb, And that tennis dont half brake you into Sweats......:lmao: , It's fab crack with a buch of m8s over and a few Beers....:applause:

Back
Top Bottom