Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

I love it, but at the same time I'm worried. Once I've finished Super Paper Mario I might be looking at a shiny white paperweight...

I just wanted something to give me a nice alternative to the 360, and I thought the PS3 was too similar. I saw someone playing Resistance in a shop (who was far too young to be playing it I might add) and I thought to myself "oh my God, what have I done, that looks great and MGS4 is along soon" - I'll just have to sell a few more body parts and advertise my forehead as advertising space on eBay and have the lot.

Super Paper Mario is so good though, I'm glad I got it really - I just have slight concerns, such as the WiiSports tennis game not hitting the ball where I want to aim it and just going where it wants instead. Hopefully I've just got to get used to it.

By the way, component cable - get it.

And why aren't there millions of Wii friend codes on here like there is in the DS forum with the DS friend codes? Come on you miserable bunch!

Bored of UEFA already then Jack? You said I would be hating it after a week and I'm still loving it!

I'm not bored of it at all mate, I just felt like something different that doesn't involve a gamepad. I love it when a company tries something new, like Sony did with Buzz and Harmonix with Guitar Hero.

I love the 360, probably more than I love the Wii at the minute, but if I got the PS3 I'd probably like that as well. I'm not a fanboy of anybody.

I'm not bored of it at all mate, I just felt like something different that doesn't involve a gamepad. I love it when a company tries something new, like Sony did with Buzz and Harmonix with Guitar Hero.

I love the 360, probably more than I love the Wii at the minute, but if I got the PS3 I'd probably like that as well. I'm not a fanboy of anybody.

Mate the Wii is brilliant, I play it every weekend against the missus, great fun! (she is obsessed with Zelda on it)

Re: Nintendo DS

Anyone on here gettting Pokemon form the US this week?

How brilliant is Rayman Raving Rabbids?! :D

Won't exactly take forever to complete but my God, it's the funniest game I've ever, ever played. A work of art if ever there was one.

I was literally crying laughing at the first challenge, the ticking timebomb present. Absolutely brilliant.

I said to my nephew the other day, "would you like to borrow UEFA CL on the 360", and he said "nah, I don't like football games on the 360 to be honest", and then I realised a few things - such as I wouldn't play an FPS on the Wii and I wouldn't play a platformer/mental game on the 360. Gears Of War is a fantastic game, and Super Paper Mario is equally fantastic.

OMFGSDSAD POKEMONS OUT!!!!1111

(there goes 2 months of my life)

Who got the bird as the first pokemon? Was gunna go for the firemonkey but thought the bird would look better once evolved.

You mean the penguin? I'm calling them Twighead, Firemonkey and Icepenguin until I learn their real names... Anyway, I've started as Firemonkey and the missus has started as Icepenguin (even though she's changed her mind now because she doesn't want it to evolve into Uglyspikeypenguin). I started with Twighead just to see if I thought he was any good but I really don't like that one.

How much did you pay for the Wii Jack?

I'd get a component cable but my TV only accepts one component (of which my 360 is hooked into) so I've got my cables plugged into the SVHS ports on the side of my TV. Why Microsoft didn't put a HDMI port on their 360's at the start is beyond me, ridiculous really :(

£240, with (genuine) Wiikey fitted and ten games. Was quite chuffed as I found a guy literally just down the road selling one! :mryellow:

It could be argued that since the Wii only does 480p (which is a huge disappointment) that the component cable doesn't make a massive difference, but personally I find it's made a fair bit of difference on my TV. I wouldn't worry about it too much though - it's nowhere near the difference between a 360 via composite and a 360 via component.

I've found myself not playing it very often though, it has to be said. I've played Super Paper Mario once a day, Rayman today, Zelda yesterday (but I can't really get into it), and the rest of the time I've been on the 360. Bit worrying... But I don't know what I'm worrying for because (being a sad git) I'll need the Wii once Pokémon Battle Revolution comes out in June.

That it.. penguin.. it doesn't really look like one but I suppose I should have read his details.

I ordered from CDWOW so should be here this week. play-asia not selling US copy too the EU. have nintendo europe done a Sony and acte like idiots??

don't play my bro's often either jack. play Starfox 64 and sonic on the VC more than anything he has. red steele is rubbish and wii sports bores me.

suppose once he gets SPM things will change.

BTW whats the difference between Ranger and Pearl.

EDIT: It's okay, i think i'll wait for Pearl instead...

Last edited:

Ranger is awwwful, all you do is draw circles around Pokémon and say "put out that fire" or "make a bridge for this guy". It's the kids version of the proper games.

Diamond and Pearl are actual proper RPGs.

Okay thanks.

BTW did you lot import the game from US?

EDIT: Another question, what is the online feature like on the game?

Last edited:

I've found myself not playing it very often though, it has to be said. ...Zelda yesterday (but I can't really get into it)...

i just started on zelda - it's fantastic. not since 'ico' way back in 2002 has a game sucked me in like this version of zelda has...

just under 9 hours in about 3 days...

hopefully my component lead will be here tomorrow! :)

the component lead is def worth getting, i got one the other week and it's great, improves picture quality no end !!

Nobody posting their Wii Numbers? (Go to the envelope on the bottom-right of the main menu, click on the new message button, click on the address book button and it will tell you what yours is)

Mine is 7941 3293 4762 7778 :)

I'll get mine in a bit and post on here. We need a section to include Wii numbers under our Gamertag :)

Edit: Mine is 4152 3226 2082 5409 , registered your Wii code on my address book Jack, just need you to add me and it'll finalise it :) Anymore Wii codes anyone? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Just realised that when you add someone, they have to add you before you can communicate with them. Bit daft - the Xbox Live way is ten times easier. And what's the "add email address" thing about? If you add an email address it says that they must add you before you'll be able to communicate with them, but how on earth does that work (a PC receiving email isn't a Wii, if you see what I mean)?

Added you, anyway!

Back
Top Bottom