Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS

I thought Nintendo done a good job with the Metroid Prime Hunters controls (FPS) you know. wasnt perfect but it was still very good.

Yoppeee! Joined the DS crew :)
Got the Black DS Lite, TMNT, Pirates of the Caribbean, Cars and some accessory kit for £129.99

Quite happy :)
Now can someone tell me what I need for homebrew, video etc.

I will need:
Supercard Lite
Superkey
MicroSD memory

Is this fine? I'm looking for the cheapest really. So you need a cart, passkey and a memory card?

Some help :)

Is there any one card solutions? Like the R4 I think...?

And rocky, what are the shortcuts on the DS? Like is there a way to reset the DS pressing the buttons? Like you could with GBColour LOL, by pressing all the buttons.

There are some one card solutions - but they can be expensive (I dunno though - as the price has prob dropped since I brought em). Supercard is prob not the best (well definitely not for GBA games), but it does the job well.

Definately get the R4DS! I've had mine since it came out and am loving it! Never had any problems with games, just drag and drop to the card and you're set! Got mine from www.cheapmod.net , have a look there and I think they offer a MicroSD card too.

Yep, just the R4DS and a memory card. Just a small bit of advice, some peoples USB microsd adapters they get with the R4DS are pretty crappy so you might want to invest in a card reader if you dont have one already. And best MicroSD card to get is Kingston Japan as that card has the least problems. You also get a microsd > SD card adapter too.

r4ds/m3 ds simply work great(i own one as well).......but id advise you guys who dont own one yet to wait for the m3 ds real....a g6 version will be released alongside it...but at the low price the r4ds/m3 ds simply is at its a great deal of fun for the price..
details..(rumour is it will have ram built in so we can play gba/emulators from a slot 1 device...instead of slot 2)

m3dss1devices.jpg

News from the G6/M3 team points towards a G6 DS Real release this coming week with a M3 DS Real release to follow shortly after. Translation isn’t the best but from what we can gather is that the devices will have true "clean ROM" support, meaning no more software or firmware updates to get games working. Current devices such as the M3 DS Simply and SuperCard DS ONE patch game ROMs on-the-fly, which is why they must have current OS software to play the newest game ROMs. The article mentions emergency and external memory, which can be chosen at will. But the biggest and most amazing news is that the M3 DS Real will be able to play game ROMs with or without a microSD card!

We do know that the M3 version will support microSD memory and the G6 version will have up to 16Gbit (2GB) of high speed NAND memory built-in. So the “Real” question is: Will both devices have some type of internal memory? And, will previous reports of the M3 DS Real supporting all M3 Perfect line features be true? Who knows, but expect an announcement sometime next week when the products are listed. And keep your pointers on Moddz News for all the latest DS mod scene news and information daily

Last edited:

I have the M3 Simply Reefur and this is one of the reasons its frustrating me, lack of GBA support.

The selection of DS games is clearly getting top class but the fact I cant play Mario Golf/Tennis is annoying.

Cheers reefur :)

But I won't be playing GBA games, so is the current R4DS good enough. And how many of the current DS releases need to patched to play via R4DS?

Thanks guys :)

No patching required to play DS games on R4DS, just drag the "clean" roms over and they play straight off :)

Re: Nintendo Wii

where can i get one!!! :(

got one!! £185, local pickup from ebay (guy lived 4 miles away), complete with 2 controllers, 2 nunchuks, wii sports and zelda (console is 2 months old)...

is it worth getting the component lead? i know the 360 is a huge difference in picture quality between the 'hd' component and the scart after you flick the switch, but is it the same with the wii?

Not sure lad, I'm guessing it depends on the TV your playing on, I have a Q and play Zelda on that via Component on my LCD, it's sharper than RGB on the CRT but not alot.

i agree cloud...the emulators for m3 simply just dont cut it..but rumor is the m3 real will have memory for just that task :)

ash...r4ds/simply both patch on the fly as snoop said...you can also trim roms to make them smaller thus allowing u to add more games....quite worth the 39$.. :D and as of now the only game ive heard anyone have a problem with on r4ds or m3 simply is tony hawk's downhill and thats because some microsd cards arent fast enough(ive never had a problem) so not really a issue that r4ds/simply are at fault for...

more news on g6real(im waiting on the m3 real myself)

G6DSRealIncludes.jpg

GBalpha, the parent company of M3/G6, has released new information and images of their upcoming slot 1 device, the G6 DS Real. Click the jump for more images of the device, GUI, and packaging.

GBalpha wrote:
GBalpha (China) Co., Ltd., produced the G6DS Real Flash is currently available with embedded systems SLOT-1 replication president's high-end cards one of the most functional and performance. 16Gbit high storage capacity, mobile storage devices with standard high-speed USB 2.0 Reader. TouchPod use of the latest operating systems. In addition, it used the latest "Actel A3P" as a core processing chip NDS makes the system stability and compatibility of the game could not have reached similar products beyond the technical bottleneck The complexity of hardware and operating system for ease of use and to provide a reliable guarantee excellent results.

GBalpha new models introduced as a member of the DS Series G6DS Real. Family and the other G6 models share the same basic configuration of the interface and functions. Before the G6Lite seller is the upgraded version of the new hardware platform, there are also many revolutionary breakthrough in function.

A genuine support of the new NDS game CLEAN ROM game system:

1. NDS perfect support all of the game without change
2. Just copying and pasting copies of the game, with no need for special software
3. Automatic selection of functional specifications filing automatically create backup file
4. Key multifunctional super soft reset switch and adjustment function spaces
5. NDS game full support of the ordinary people
6. Backup and archiving file transfer operations supporting multi-copy function
7. Hardware environment for the full realization of true game is going to single-line card equipment and the expansion of the Internet

Further TouchPod new interface capable of operating system:

1.NDS game CLEAN ROM game icon automatic identification display
2.NDS ROM game CLEAN automatic text translation function names
3. TouchPod new set-up and skin from the definition of desktop OS
4. The NDS Lite Series display with backlight brightness adjustment
5. All touching / GUI main menu button control system
6. Super unique functional PDA, the world time and calendar, slate notebook, pronunciation of English Dictionary, English Dictionary, in a large Chinese Dictionary

New multi-media expansion:

1. DSM unique, intrinsic, GBM Super Video CD Player, Dual-screen film shows have
2. Improved MP3 sound effects, OGG multifunctional music player, supporting simultaneous broadcast of the lyrics and background
3. Super effective in the unique browsing support notebook, Word files, documents and other direct access to the website. support more bookmarks, font sizes of characters, code switching, multi-mode switching Dual-screen browsing
4. Super Photo browser, and one can touch Dual-screen composition, positioning and navigation, and two models of browsing *.BMP support. *.JPG, *.GIF, *.PNG Photo
5. Super Multi-task Windows systems, auditorium and presses
6. The supporting installed option, automatic shutdown, broadcast mode, the energy saving settings

Guide mode convenient SLOT-2:

1. G6/M3 guide SLOT-2 products directly switched to the NDS or GBA model model
2. Unique guide mode selection function can set up the main interface standard quick-start manual or NDS activated
3. PASSCARD used to guide the industry leading technology, the best compatibility
4. SLOT-2 brand products can lead directly into NDS or GBA model model
5. NDS mode products support the staging SLOT-2 / dormancy with support functions
6. Automatic storage function setup guide

Last edited:

Yep, got mine chipped with a Wiikey too, very nice :D

Anybody played Tiger Woods on the Wii yet? I'm dying to know how that plays; it may be the game that makes me get a Wii (and so leave the PS3 until next year)...

I was about to mod mines too until I heard about the update that comes with the Super Paper Mario game which doesnt seem to install on some consoles.

Jack: Tiger Woods is a good game on the Wii, the controls are nice and you get the feeling of playing like a proper golfer. The graphics are AWFUL though (PS2 style)

RuneEdge: Super Paper Mario tries to update your Wii but as long as you have the latest firmware for your Wii anyway, SPM wont update anything and you'll be fine. I've played SPM on my Pal Wii and its a great game :D

I already have a PAL Wii and plan on getting a second one with a modchip. But I have a bit of a problem.
I would like the second one to be a US/JAP model but those are a lot harder to get a hold of. Plus I'd have to buy the console from a US site, import it here, and then send it back again to some european site to get it modded.
Now if I bought a PAL console, I could easily get one thats premodded and would probably be cheaper overall. But then theres that problem of not having 100% compatibility with foreign games. And seeing how I already have a PAL console to begin with, it would make sense to buy a US/JAP one as my second one.
So what do I do? Pay the extra money and effort to get the US/JAP console to just get another PAL one?

Well with the Wiikey, there's a number of NTSC games that are playable on a Pal Wii anyway, check http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_Region_Free_Patcher_Compatibility_List for more information on that.

I believe the Wiikey doesn't change anything other than to tell the DVD drive to read backups ... do you live in the UK? I sent my Wii off to a guy who supplied and fitted my Wiikey and sent it back next day by Special Delivery for £55. So if you get an NTSC Wii (or another Pal) then he's a good option for you.

But yeah, personally I wouldn't be too fussed about getting an NTSC Wii as most games run on Pal machines anyway (besides Trauma Centre, which is out soon anyway)

Cuz the way I'm looking at it is that if I get a US console, I could play pretty much everything thats available. And if (and thats a big if) theres a game thats only released in the UK, I'll just buy that game if I have to for my other PAL console that I already have.

Good point you have there, more games will come out in the USA than Europe so thats a good idea actually!

So now that you understand my point, I'll ask the question again. :lol:

Is it work the extra money for a US console?

So now that you understand my point, I'll ask the question again. :lol:

Is it work the extra money for a US console?
He finally understands your point and then you go and put the totally wrong word in your next sentence. Tut tut. :mryellow:

Definately get the R4DS! I've had mine since it came out and am loving it! Never had any problems with games, just drag and drop to the card and you're set! Got mine from www.cheapmod.net , have a look there and I think they offer a MicroSD card too.

Thanks for this mate, I invested in one of these last week, the site is brilliant next day delivery.

The R4DS is very profesional looking when it turned up, and works like a dream. :8):

I thought Metroid controls were exellent. Exept that NDSs button placement is a little unergonomic. But the touch screen is much more accurate than gamepad is, it´s great for shooting games. Looking forward to that Brothers in Arms game.

Back
Top Bottom