Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS

ive played FIFA.
graphics, gameplay, sound and difficulty are much better than WE.
WE is very good to play online easily but i stop palying it finally...

Re: Nintendo Wii

I'm bored of the Wii - if it wasn't jointly owned by myself and my brother I'd sell it.

Sure its good fun multiplayer, but I can't play with friends every day of the sodding week.

Yeah, theres a serious lack of singleplayer games and NO online games. Nintendo better fix this.

Anyone here got Wii play? Man I cant stop playing the tank game. Its so simplistic yet totally addictive.

Tell me the best two games on the DS, that I have to get, my first time buying a GameBoy since GBColour.

New Super Mario Bros is a definite, absolutely brilliant game (and the minigames are fantastic as well). Don't know about the second one, don't know what you're into...! If you want a racer, Mario Kart (online play is a laugh). If you want a shooter, Metroid Prime. If you want something different, Phoenix Wright (solve crimes) or Trauma Centre (perfom operations). I'd recommend Mario Kart, Phoenix Wright or Trauma Centre, personally.

Trauma Center is very over rated I think, there is only so many squiggles with the stylus you can do before it bores the funk out of you, just get Mario Kart, tis genius.

I'll be getting Mario Bros. for sure I think. What game would a 6 year old like, "I'm getting the DS for her".. yeah right. She is quite clever, IQ of a 9 year old atleast LOL! I was thinking Nintendogs or whatever it is called. Anything easy like Sonic kind of games you would reccomend? Just easy bash and collect.

Nintendogs I found utterly boring and the kids in my family did as well. For kids I'd say New Super Mario Bros and Pokémon Rescue Dungeon - or, if you want to get two Mario games, Mario 64.

Pokemon with an accent, how could I forget that?!! She loves playing Pokemon Yellow & Gold on the GBC.

And Super Mario Bros > Mario 64?

Definitely. New Super Mario Bros is addictive, Mario 64 has dodgy camera angles and gets really frustrating at times. Personally, NSMB had me on the DS every night until I'd finished it, whereas Mario 64 lasted a few days before I thought "sod this".

As Evo-Web's dedicated Pokéfanatic, I should point out that Pokémon Ranger is out in the US (but not in the UK for months yet, another example of the companies being ridiculous) - if you're getting a DS from over there (as I believe I read recently) and you're buying for a young child, you might want to look at that as it's a bit easier to understand (in Ranger all you seem to do is draw circles around Pokémon and then put out a fire with them, or to solve whatever mishap is going on - Mystery Dungeon is a bit more involving).

And bear in mind the Pokémon games require you to be able to read reasonably well.

Last edited:

Feb 6, 2007 Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007
Feb 27, 2007 Meteos: Disney Magic

and new Dragon Ball game, Theme Park DS, Sim City Ds will be released in 2 months at Japan.

Last edited:

still enjoying it after my first near two weeks. bowling and all of the wii play games are my favorites so far. even in singleplayer, but hell a lot more fun with friends.

gimme fifa or pes now!

i finally broke and bought myself a white ds lite (£95 including delivery from ebuyer) - OMG, i dunno what kept me from buying one before now!!

it's fantastic, now my housemate is buying one today!

i am currently loving new super mario (currently on world 3) and also mario kart and big brain academy...

it's a totally different gaming experience than the psp (that's not to say the ds is better) and i'm delighted to now own both consoles... :)

Does anyone know if there is any voltage differences between the US and UK DSLites. Like is it better for me to buy a US charger?

US uses different current than Europe i think. There was a news some time ago that some tourist kid had used DS charger in Malaysia and the battery had exploded.

Last edited:

I'm getting bored of my Wii, it looks more and more like this will be another GameCube, with hardly any third party game support (well, other than lots of rubbish Ubisoft games).

I'm going to want to see what football games come out and how they use the controls though.

I am currently loving Hotel Dusk, kind of a mystery novel story type thing...If you want a better review than that then try Google ;) It aint out here yet but you can import it right now from the US for less than it will cost here

Dammit - I naively went around town to see whether any stores had Wii's in stock. Unsurprisingly none :(

Apparently the Virgin Megastore in Time Square, NY has regular stock as it is the central launch store of the Wii in the US....I wonder where there is something similar in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom