Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS

I would love to help mate, but my damn sister has nicked it cos of Final Fantasy III. My only tip is to mess about with the menu until you see some stars somewhere.

Having said that, although it is harder, I've still managed to win all of the games I've played on it so far :eh: - I'm thinking this is more multiplayer than anything...

Re: Nintendo Wii

do they have any footie games in plan? considering to get one but only if they right games are on the way

Konami is releasing a footie game, but we havent heard much on it. Seabass was testing the controller at one point.

I have Rayman, Trauma Center, and Madden. All great games (and I usually hate Madden, but this one is fun). Rayman is my fav. So hilarious!

You can change it during strip selection, Holio. When the top screen is showing the strip options before a game the bottom screen has two selections: the upper one gives you the four strip options while the lower one gives the three difficulty settings. It's a good game - gameplay is pretty similar to the GBA version but I find it quite challenging on top difficulty

PES is good but, personally, I find way too easy. FIFA is the same story, it's good, but still way too easy. The previous FIFA is, in my opinion, the best of the bunch - not only is it a bit harder, but the player names are all there (whereas in the new FIFA they resort to calling lower-league substitutes "Player 19" etc). But, being the kind of moron who can't play last season's game, I usually stick PES on, because occasionally you will get a good midfield battle (in a final, for example).

Konami is releasing a footie game, but we havent heard much on it. Seabass was testing the controller at one point.

I have Rayman, Trauma Center, and Madden. All great games (and I usually hate Madden, but this one is fun). Rayman is my fav. So hilarious!

Have you got an NTSC machine then as Trauma Center isnt out yet in Europe - and I cannot find a release date for it anywhere :-(

How much is this in USA? I am going in March, so might try to get one cheap esp. with the great exchange rate.

i got a problem with 60hz
i got myself a nice LCD screen and a component cable so im all set...
I realize that this shouldnt be a problem with component, but on 60hz i get these lines across the screen.
how do i get rid of these lines..

atm its a choice of 576i(50hz) or 480p(EDTV/HDTV) on my sammyF tv.

Last edited:

i got a problem with 60hz
i got myself a nice LCD screen and a component cable so im all set...
I realize that this shouldnt be a problem with component, but on 60hz i get these lines across the screen.
how do i get rid of these lines..

atm its a choice of 576i(50hz) or 480p(EDTV/HDTV) on my sammyF tv.

I get those lines as well.

so i guess component doesnt really solve our problem.

i guess 576i isnt that much a difference, but still i bought a component thinking it will remove them lines.

I like the system for the gamecube compatibility and the fact that gc games will play in 480p which make them look great

but I hate that there are no good games except zelda which to me controls wonderfully but is in honesty a gc title

The gamecube itself played games in 480p providing you had the next to impossible to find component cables for it.

nah thats the thing never had the component cable but the difference is really there in gc titles. in wii titles not so much madden still lokked blurry and excite truck looked ok just.

I currently am only playing zelda and madden 2005 on it(YES madden 2005 looks better in 480p on the wii then madden 07 for the wii in 480p)

Either way, IF Disaster;Day of crisis does not look better graphically then RE4 tehnsay hello to my new ps3 because i can not be with only one console for games. the wii then will be dead until only the first party titles come out for it Metriod3 and SuperMarioGalaxy

How do you manage to play GC discs at 480p on Wii cos i have Zelda TP for both Wii & GG but when i try the GC disc on Wii the TV reverts back from 480p to 480i ??

I have now rented FIFA 07 and i like it, one thing that´s a bit tricky is touching the lower screen for runs and tactics it is too clumsy using the pen and i dont like fingerprints on the screen. But it´s nice feature, also adding spin to freekicks is nice and penalties too. Overall i was suprised how good football game they made for DS.

What happend to the list of DS friend codes????????? I looked the other day and couldnt find them anymore.

I have now rented FIFA 07 and i like it, one thing that´s a bit tricky is touching the lower screen for runs and tactics it is too clumsy using the pen and i dont like fingerprints on the screen. But it´s nice feature, also adding spin to freekicks is nice and penalties too. Overall i was suprised how good football game they made for DS.

Have you played PES6 for the DS?

Outta interest, any of you bored with your Wii yet? A lotta analysts were saying that it's all a gimmick before the Wii was released - will be interesting to know whether people are still enjoying it given that it has been a while since its release..

Not played mine for a couple of weeks now but thats cos its in the front room and the Mrs has always got shit on the tv. I need to move it into my room so i can have a good go on it. I cant get into Red Steel though it's pretty crap.

A lotta analysts were saying that it's all a gimmick before the Wii was released - will be interesting to know whether people are still enjoying it given that it has been a while since its release..
I thought and still think the DS with its touch screen was/is nothing but a gimmick, but that hasnt stopped others from still playing it and enjoying it. The Wii will probably be the same way.........now the SixAxis on the other hand is a gimmick and a remake of the old Microsoft Sidewinder Freestyle Pro.

Outta interest, any of you bored with your Wii yet? A lotta analysts were saying that it's all a gimmick before the Wii was released - will be interesting to know whether people are still enjoying it given that it has been a while since its release..

there a re a lot of possibilites with the controller, and i'm really excited to see what ideas they will come up with, especially regarding fooball games :)

ordered mine today, will pick it up soon

The thing is, right now they're just showing off the capabilities of the console with the current set of games. Its games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid that we're gonna have to judge the console on.

The single player is short but its good for multiplayer. Which is the same case with Wii Sports and Super Monkey Ball.

Back
Top Bottom