Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS

misprint. Not a side-story. The next game in Japan's most beloved series will be lighting up on dual screens.

Brace yourselves, Japan. In a press conference earlier today, Square-Enix announced that Dragon Quest IX will be coming to the Nintendo DS. Confirmed to be a game in the series main line, the decision completes the move to Nintendo platforms as the sole proprietors of Japan's most important video game franchise. Part of a growing family, the title joins the DS' DQ Heroes: Rocket Slime and DQ Monsters: Joker as well as DQ Monsters: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors for the Wii.

Subtitled Hoshizora no Mamoribito (loosely translated as "Protector of the Stars"), the game will be in the experienced hands of developer Level 5 under the guidance of Dragon Quest creator (and likely the man who made the final call) Yuji Horii. Level 5 was responsible for the acclaimed Dragon Quest 8, and the same team has been brought back to handle development duties for this enormous project.

The surprises don't stop with Horii's choice of platform: Dragon Quest IX will be 3D along the lines of Final Fantasy III and DQM: Joker and will utilize more action-oriented combat than previous "true" DQ games. In a dramatic departure, full 4 player co-op will be supported...over the Wi-Fi Connection. The game is apparently well underway and was demoed at the press conference by the project heads. Horii believes that the game will be ready for a latter 2007 release.

It is not an understatement to say that DQIX may cause tidal waves in the Japanese market. While bringing such a massive previously console-based series to a portable is itself unprecedented, the fact that the DS will host it also means...the PS3 won't. This is a huge blow to Sony's new console. Definitely stay tuned..there will be aftershocks from this announcement.

Source: IGN DS

DQ VIII sold 3 million in its first week in Japan on PS2. the numbers for the DS version will be crazy!!

this is pretty much the final nail in the coffin for PSP in the battle against NDS in Japan.

http://up2.viploader.net/mini/src/viploader91714.avi

Last edited:
Re: Nintendo Wii

Are there different regional versions of the Nintendo Wii, as in English version? Jap version? US version?

Reason being, im heading off to the far-east soon so I thought id buy a few over there - hopefully they'll have some!

Just contacted a local console shop and they said they just heard that we will get two more batches this year, Monday and Thursday. So I would try all week, can anyone else confirm they have heard this???

There is a barber/game shop in witham essex, that had two left selling at 350 each the shop was called trade inn, feel welcome to enquire.

The way I'm looking at it is, if I wait till January when its easier to get one, I could pick it up with better games. Theres nothing worth buying for this other than Zelda right now.

And the Gamecube version has already been...ahem...*coughleakedcough*.

The way I'm looking at it is, if I wait till January when its easier to get one, I could pick it up with better games. Theres nothing worth buying for this other than Zelda right now.

But I want to play Zelda during Xmas.......

Shit i was planning on going around 6 am. I phoned em today they dont have a clue how many there getting, it's a shame there packages are shit as well. If i get one its gonna be with a game i already have and two shit games.

Got there at 4am and was number 26 in line they had 62 and they were all gone about five thirty. Got Monkey bal, Red steel and Zelda.

Re: Nintendo DS

Yeah i won DS Lite! there was a contest on game renting site and i won it, they wanted just customer feedback, improvement suggestions ect. I had forgot the whole contest, nice birthday/christmas present indeed.

Somehow managed to find an RGB scart for this today, makes it look so much better than the composite shite it shipped with.

it`s nearly impossible to get one in the US. No online orders stores get about 10 copies every other day.So everyother morning i stop to check always come short ggggrr!

Zelda is simply brilliant. It's last gen graphics but it plays so beautifully you forget about it.
I'm playing on a Gameplay branded component cable as the release of the officials is a complete mess.

Back
Top Bottom