Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

Wii will be awesome. I am alongtime Nintendo fan. Zelda will be a monster and excite truck will fufill my mario kart needs and Madden 07 will be very very fun

i will camp out

Re: Nintendo DS

I played the Japanese version a while ago but obviously couldn't get my head round it one little bit!

It's rhythm action right?

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is superb and a must buy for the NDS. i hoping my FFIII turns up this week.

I still gotta get Yoshi Island DS. Jump Ultimate Stars is out this week also.

Managed to get a pre-order in with Amazon.co.uk, when they finally opened them this morning at 09:35 (they sold out in five minutes :shock:).

I should have a Wii, Twilight Princess and 2000 Wii points on my door step on December 8th.:applause:

Last edited:

I waited in line for 3 hrs outside in the cold and was 29th out of 60 that got one here at my local target.

It was cold and windy and after about 30m I almost felt like leaving but I stuck it out.

the WORST thing about the system is that it has no component cables to speak of that are left or that are selling yet.

Ebay is selling them for 150!!!!!!!!!!!!

GameStop resupplied on PS3, Wii
One of the biggest hitches with Microsoft's Xbox 360 launch last year was a dearth of follow-up shipments that left the game maker unable to make its next-gen system readily available to consumers until months after launch.

Sony and Nintendo might manage to avoid that problem, as GameStop today indicated that last weekend's launches of the PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii sold out, but more units are on the way. In an investor conference call tied to the retailer's third quarter earnings report, GameStop executives confirmed that that have already been resupplied with both systems, and they expect to get more of each on a weekly basis.

The executives also recapped the launch performances of the two systems. For the PS3, Sony's Resistance: Fall of Man and Electronic Arts' Madden NFL 07 were the biggest sellers, while Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Ubisoft's Red Steel stood out from the pack of Wii launch titles.

However, game sales were stronger on the Wii, with GameStop sporting a tie ratio of 3 games sold for every system, compared to the PS3's tie ratio of 1.5 games for each system. The shortfall on Sony's system was attributed to more people picking up the system on its own in order to turn around and sell it for a premium. As those systems find their ways into the hands of "real gamers," the execs said the PS3 tie ratio should increase.

GameStop's higher-ups noted that their chain historically has the highest tie ratio of any retailer in the country, but estimated that they were still shorted on hardware allocation by both Sony and Nintendo. While GameStop and its EB Games brand collectively account for about 25 percent of the US gaming market, the company believes it didn't receive that much of either system's day-one shipments. Executives said that they've never been satisfied with their launch day allocation of any new machine, but added their main concern now is the flow of follow-up shipments--which both Sony and Nintendo have promised will come at a steady pace.
source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162154.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

looks like it will be easier to get a PS3 and Wii compared to the 360s launch, in north america at least.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is superb and a must buy for the NDS.

yes gameplay is good, but song selection is horrible.
so i prefer USA version Elite Beat Agents.

about WE DS, thats not bad but too easy.
i recommend FIFA07 on PSP if you want to play footie game on handheld.

I had to buy the girlfriend her own DS due to Animal Crossing, and her own PC due to The Sims and (strangely) Battlefield 2. Now my own mother has hinted that she'd like a DS for Christmas. Women are trouble.

600,000 Wii's sold in 8 days! v v impressive - are we seeing the "next gen" winner already?

Personally, I doubt I'll buy it at launch as I'm not fully convinced by the control system and some of the games. Having said that, Zelda is supposed to be amazing. Much like the DS, I'm gonna wait up for a few killer app titles to pop up. TBH, I have a lot more confidence in Nintendo implementing the controls better than Sony will (be bothered) to do.

Overall I'll say that it's a good sign for the games industry that the Wii is selling well :)

Last edited:

launched at Japan today.
i bought Zelda and Wario.
Zelda is OK, but playing Wario isnt good for playing alone...

Hi chaps. I've got a friend in France over the weekend and I'm wondering if the Nintendo Wii is going to be easier to get hold of in France as opposed to the UK where it looks like it'll be really hard to get hold of.

If anyone can let me know this would be really appreciated.

600,000 Wii's sold in 8 days! v v impressive - are we seeing the "next gen" winner already?

Overall I'll say that it's a good sign for the games industry that the Wii is selling well :)
It is a good sign but don't forget the GameCube peaked early as well. The Wii will live or die on 3rd party support I think. There needs to be a more constant stream of games than the DS requires.

Has anyone seen anything of splinter cell Double agent on the wii, If this is whats to come in terms of graphics nintendo has a fight on hits hands to even compete with the original xbox.

launched at Japan today.
i bought Zelda and Wario.
Zelda is OK, but playing Wario isnt good for playing alone...

Just OK ??? I am dying to play this game, just playing minish cap the now to keep me busy.

Has anyone seen anything of splinter cell Double agent on the wii, If this is whats to come in terms of graphics nintendo has a fight on hits hands to even compete with the original xbox.

If graphics are your thing, then move along from the Wii. I remember around the time of E3 this year, alot of people saying how it'll compare to the current XB, and well someone commented on that in fact all they could of done was release the Wii-mote etc as a perpherial of the GameCube but as add-ons dont really work well, hence the new system. I aint in a rush to get a Wii, I was shocked at Zelda being ok comment too, but you have to remember it is a GameCube game with the new controls. So for me, Cube Zelda will do well until there is something I really can only get on the Wii or a price drop..........

Anyone gone queuing? My local Tescos nor ASDA have them, I have to travel quite far to get them :( Still not sure whether to get one, it might be a spur of the moment thing, I could always eBay it later because I think demand will outstrip supply just like the 360.

I got one tonight but had pre-ordered, those just turning up and hoping to get one were told they wouldn't be.

/curses lack of any sort of willpower (even bought Wii Play for the extra remote).

Are you prepared to give away your ass in return as I'm sure that is the only way you could get one, I watched one go on ebay for £535 earlier today!!!!!!!!

I have a wii.

right now the thing i like about it is that it has zelda a game so good that it makes you foget aboput the console war thing. the game is a masterpice and esily so a joy with the wiimote and nunchuck. it does not feel tacted on and the graphics are nothing short of artiscally perfect...

Back
Top Bottom