Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

Well I've been trying to get a cheap Wii off eBay for yonks and I haven't seen one cheap enough yet. How much are you expecting, full retail price??

EDIT: Just looked again, the cheapest I've seen go today was £170, but most go for over £200 - that's alright, isn't it?!

Last edited:

I already have a PAL Wii and plan on getting a second one with a modchip. But I have a bit of a problem.
I would like the second one to be a US/JAP model but those are a lot harder to get a hold of. Plus I'd have to buy the console from a US site, import it here, and then send it back again to some european site to get it modded.
Now if I bought a PAL console, I could easily get one thats premodded and would probably be cheaper overall. But then theres that problem of not having 100% compatibility with foreign games. And seeing how I already have a PAL console to begin with, it would make sense to buy a US/JAP one as my second one.
So what do I do? Pay the extra money and effort to get the US/JAP console to just get another PAL one?

If your after a NTSC model this site based in UK http://www.skyshack.com/product_details.php?p_id=68
does the JAP model it's where i ended up getting my JAP PS3 a while back..

£200 for a japanese wii isnt too bad. My bro bought my cousins japanese wii for £160 with Zelda and Wii Sports. cousin is only 10 years old so aunt got him a pal machine. The PS3 is a bit of a rip off though. can get 20GB machines from HK for £250 and 60GB for £320. The 360 is a rip off also. should be £200 max!!

you can get japanese wii's from HK for £160

I need too get the wii modded so I can play US games (not interested in bootleg games at all) but don't want too pay £70. gonna wait a few months as the price will come down. I remember only paying £25 too mod my japanese Gamecube.

a friend of mine has modded his pal wii so he can play bootleg games. people on gumtree are modding machines.

Last edited:

I'm getting addicted to surfing around eBay, I've got five different 360 titles on my watch list (being sold by 50 different sellers) and loads of Wiis. I would love to get one, I just wouldn't pay £200 at this moment in time (especially seeing as I'd need to buy a memory card, a component video cable and a game as well, which would drive the cost up)...

Is Sky Shack reliable mate?

That PS3 deal is good.

Yep like i said i got my PS3 from them a few months, with no probs. i was going to get it imported but i was worried that i would of got stung on the import duty, some peeps get lucky while others get stung..

If you guys persistantly look in asda/game/tesco's im telling you that you'll get a wii in the next couple of weeks !!!

get a japanese wii from www.play-asia.com or neoamusement.com you can ask play-asia to mark the value down and they will. www.neoamusement are really good. based in tokyo and they mark everything as broken machine being repaired.

I don't know anyone who has been stung with import tax from them. Wii's are suppose too be £115 in Japan but as stock still low they go for £160-£170.

£200 for a japanese wii isnt too bad. My bro bought my cousins japanese wii for £160 with Zelda and Wii Sports. cousin is only 10 years old so aunt got him a pal machine. The PS3 is a bit of a rip off though. can get 20GB machines from HK for £250 and 60GB for £320. The 360 is a rip off also. should be £200 max!!

you can get japanese wii's from HK for £160

I need too get the wii modded so I can play US games (not interested in bootleg games at all) but don't want too pay £70. gonna wait a few months as the price will come down. I remember only paying £25 too mod my japanese Gamecube.

a friend of mine has modded his pal wii so he can play bootleg games. people on gumtree are modding machines.

Where can you get a HK PS3 for that price without import tax???

He finally understands your point and then you go and put the totally wrong word in your next sentence. Tut tut. :mryellow:

:lol: Thats twice I've done that here in 2 days. Its a bad habit I've recently picked up. Expect that often. ;)

that price is from www.play-asia.com but they won't ship to the EU. scared of getting a lawsuit from Sony (wankers) like lik-sang did.

www.neoamusement sell 20GB PS3's for £260 and 60GB for £305. three friends of mine got there's from there and never got taxed. I got my DS Lite and slim line PS2 from them and had no tax.

http://www.neoamusement.com/index.php?cPath=44&osCsid=

Cheers mate.

However are you based in UK, as UK is a rip off 7 i can see myself getting taxed.

Argh, I'm confused now!

Originally I wanted a European Wii so I could get games from a local shop (I always, ALWAYS get stung with import tax - I've imported seven seperate things and ALWAYS got charged, so I'd end up wasting money), but now I see Super Paper Mario is out in the US and it isn't out over here for three months, which is just disgusting. And now Kobashi is saying I should get a Japanese one... *Sigh*

All advice appreciated!!

Jack: You could get a Pal Wii and get a Wiikey fitted, I'm playing Super Paper Mario on mine just fine :)

RuneEdge: Up to you whether you'd spend the money, but personally I'd just get one Wii and wait for the EU games hehe

I think I'll get an EU one with a key, just in-case. I'm always cautious like that...

Any chance of a little review of Super Paper Mario? ;) It looks excellent, I loved the look of the original but when I found out it was a Final-Fantasy-style RPG I quickly went off it (can't stand those kinds of games). Is Super Paper Mario the same?

Jack: You could get a Pal Wii and get a Wiikey fitted, I'm playing Super Paper Mario on mine just fine :)

RuneEdge: Up to you whether you'd spend the money, but personally I'd just get one Wii and wait for the EU games hehe

how much you pay too get modded? japanese SPM out this week also so i gonna get that version.

I paid £55 and sent my Wii to a guy in Gateshead who supplied and fitted the Wiikey, then sent it back Special Delivery.

Not into doing reviews of games sorry Jack ;) But if you check out the forums at GBATemp and Maxconsole, I'm sure people will have reviews. I believe the original SPM had Final Fantasy battles but these arent in the Wii version and its a LOT like the old style Mario games with a few RPG and puzzle elements thrown in for variety. A VERY good game I must say!

Woolworths get a few in every week Jack. They phoned me again last week asking me if I wanted another one (WTF!?). All you gotta do is ring them and book one.

Re: Nintendo DS

I got a Ds lite for me birthday from me bird and I am loving it!

I got Mario world with it and I am addicted to the little mini games!

She also got me Teenage mutant ninja turtles because I said that I liked them when I was a young lad - so sweet!! but I will be exchanging it, of course.

Just wondering what would be a good game to exchange it for - is Mario kart any good on it?

I have a psp but I am loving how different the Ds is - totally different types of game, which is perfect!

I got a Ds lite for me birthday from me bird and I am loving it!

I got Mario world with it and I am addicted to the little mini games!

She also got me Teenage mutant ninja turtles because I said that I liked them when I was a young lad - so sweet!! but I will be exchanging it, of course.

Just wondering what would be a good game to exchange it for - is Mario kart any good on it?

I have a psp but I am loving how different the Ds is - totally different types of game, which is perfect!

Mario Kart is the Nuts and and a must buy! much better than the GC Double Dash game.

Mario Kart is the Nuts and and a must buy! much better than the GC Double Dash game.

Cool, I think I will exchange my Ninja turtles for Mario Kart. Just read a few reviews on it aswell.

What about monkey ball - does it utilise the touch screen well?

I also fancy those Brain gamey things - I feel I am loosing my memory at such a young age!! this may help. Are they good fun?

Cool, I think I will exchange my Ninja turtles for Mario Kart. Just read a few reviews on it aswell.

What about monkey ball - does it utilise the touch screen well?

I also fancy those Brain gamey things - I feel I am loosing my memory at such a young age!! this may help. Are they good fun?

I have only got Brain Age training and that is okay. mainly play Suduko on it.

Super Monkey ball is hit and miss. The touch screen controls make the game harder man. I prefer too use the D-Pad but that is also difficult on some levels.

I have only got Brain Age training and that is okay. mainly play Suduko on it.

Super Monkey ball is hit and miss. The touch screen controls make the game harder man. I prefer too use the D-Pad but that is also difficult on some levels.

I will stick with Mario Kart for now then - thanks for letting me know your thoughts.

Cheers.

Well, I've officially joined the Wii club. I haven't connected it up yet though, I'm sitting here with my head in my hands thinking that I'm going to have to chop my hands off to stop me buying every fucking console every fucking year.

I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs and I don't drive - somebody tell me that makes it alright to spend wads of cash on games consoles.

I feel so ashamed.

Good luck.................... you fool................ ;)

Back
Top Bottom