Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

Wasn't sure on the email part either. I'll see if I can set my Mii's on travel now too, supposedly they can turn up on your Wii too if you allow it. Not sure on the purpose of it but sounds fun anyway hehe

It took a while, but the email add thing I sent from the Wii has just arrived at my email address. Once you reply to it, it's "added", and you can then send email using the Wii (and send email to the Wii as well).

Not 100% sure what the point is, I'm gathering it's for people without any means of sending/receiving emails otherwise (but if you have the internet, why wouldn't you have a computer)...?

Would it not be to send pics to your Wii and view them on your TV and mess about with them?

Would it not be to send pics to your Wii and view them on your TV and mess about with them?
Good thinking, I'll try that... You can select a Mii to "send" with each message and I was thinking it might send a little GIF of the Mii to the email address or something, but it was just a plain text message when it arrived. I wonder if it will work the other way around...

EDIT: Yes, you can (JPEG tested)!! I wonder what other file formats are accepted...

Last edited:
Re: Nintendo DS

Okay guys.

What recommended hardware should i be getting with my DS?

I don't have a clue whats out at the moment, so want to know.

Thanks.

R4DS and a 1gb Kingston (Japan) MicroSD card and you're set :)

Haha no probs, it's the best card around and having a great time with mine. Check out the review on www.gbatemp.net

Edit: Also if you do register with GBATem, check out this poll

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48332

Which is the best Card for NDS? ·
N-Card [ 4 ] ** [1.62%]
R4DS [ 175 ] ** [70.85%]
DSLink [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
EWin [ 3 ] ** [1.21%]
EZ Flash [ 14 ] ** [5.67%]
M3 [ 35 ] ** [14.17%]
Magic Flash [ 1 ] ** [0.40%]
Pass Cards [ 2 ] ** [0.81%]
SuperCard [ 13 ] ** [5.26%]

Last edited by a moderator:

M3 Simply is also a good card to get as far as I know its almost identical to the R4DS.

You can catch Pokémon in one that you can't catch in the other, and the big bad-ass Pokémon that you meet in the final battle is different (one monster has a diamond on it's chest and one has a pearl, hence the names of each game).

Just think of them as black (diamond) and white (pearl) and pick your favourite colour. That's what everybody else does - you can trade for the Pokémon you want using the online trade centre*, so it doesn't really matter anyway (unless you really badly want to catch the specific monster at the end).

EDIT: *Actually, that's wrong - I've just realised something... If you didn't know, you can only request a Pokémon you've already seen on your travels at the online trade centre, so perhaps this is why - because then you won't see the Pokémon from the other game and thus you won't be able to trade for them, unless you either A) get a mate to trade with you locally or B) you buy the other game and give Nintendo your money twice. Clever bastards!

Last edited:

M3 Simply is also a good card to get as far as I know its almost identical to the R4DS.

M3 and R4DS are pretty much (if not totally) identical. M3 commissioned a factory to make their M3 cards, the factory made very slight modifications and called theirs the R4DS and set up their own business. The firmware is pretty much the same, R4DS comes out, then a few days later the same firmware comes out but for the M3 card.

You can catch Pokémon in one that you can't catch in the other, and the big bad-ass Pokémon that you meet in the final battle is different (one monster has a diamond on it's chest and one has a pearl, hence the names of each game).

Just think of them as black (diamond) and white (pearl) and pick your favourite colour. That's what everybody else does - you can trade for the Pokémon you want using the online trade centre*, so it doesn't really matter anyway (unless you really badly want to catch the specific monster at the end).

EDIT: *Actually, that's wrong - I've just realised something... If you didn't know, you can only request a Pokémon you've already seen on your travels at the online trade centre, so perhaps this is why - because then you won't see the Pokémon from the other game and thus you won't be able to trade for them, unless you either A) get a mate to trade with you locally or B) you buy the other game and give Nintendo your money twice. Clever bastards!

Ahhh... bless. Reminds me of the decision I had to make to get Pokemon Gold or SIlver. I went for Gold LOL!

Playing Hotel dusk at the mo are there any other game out worth getting? Cant see myself playing Pokeurmom though.

Yeah MP pinball is a cool game man! bomberman touch is good if you like them games and it is online also.

Much like bbbybx, I got a DS for my birthday. However, I received it last month, and my birthday is in July :)

Just got Mario Kart at the moment and proper addicted, I've become a master of drifting within a fortnight and I have a fucking cool No.1 Bee logo made for when I use that bee-looking bastard Wario, haha. Just thought I'd share that with you, ahem.

No, don't do it Proxi, don't move to the dark side... There's enough cheats in the world already, don't listen to the Spunk...

What is the business with chipping the Wii.

WiiKey is a chip, whereas WiiFree is something you solder to your internal disc drive, then connect to your PC to load copies.

Is it risky playing online with it?

WiiKey is supposed to be a stealth chip, and it's updatable via setup discs, so it's not that risky. Not that very many games are online yet... I don't think that's Nintendo's priority, unfortunately!!

Just wondering if you have the Super Mario Bros DS.

I am addicted to the little minigames and just wondering what other peoples scores are? particularly the mole game (Where they pop out of the holes) and the game where you put black and pink bomb omb thingys into their respected areas.

My top score on the moles is 94

My top score on the black and pick bomb ombs 327

Let me know your scores on these and the other games.

I cant stop playing the mini games!!! I have not even tried the main game yet!!

I have ordered MarioKart off Ebay got it brand new including postage for £16 - not bad.

Good thinking, I'll try that... You can select a Mii to "send" with each message and I was thinking it might send a little GIF of the Mii to the email address or something, but it was just a plain text message when it arrived. I wonder if it will work the other way around...

EDIT: Yes, you can (JPEG tested)!! I wonder what other file formats are accepted...

Image Files: JPEG, baseline only; Size: Up to 848 x 480

Video Files: QuickTime (motion JPEG) (.mov files)

Audio Files: MP3

Played a lot of the New Super Mario Bros game on me lasses DS, and can remember our scores on the mole game don't reach that vast amount.

However, that game with the green & red shells on ice is fiendishly addictive - and I scored 75,100 yesterday. Rock on (quite literally).

Played a lot of the New Super Mario Bros game on me lasses DS, and can remember our scores on the mole game don't reach that vast amount.

However, that game with the green & red shells on ice is fiendishly addictive - and I scored 75,100 yesterday. Rock on (quite literally).

Green and Red shells on ice? where the hell is that? I can't have missed a game out? I will have another look (Not that there is a great deal of games)

What do you have to do with these 'Shells on ice' that you talk of?

Apologies man, this is actually on Super Mario 64! I do get confused easily haha. The girlfriend has both SM64 and NSMB, which by the way are both uber time snatchers.

Back
Top Bottom