[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

Cheers guys, so that makes seven in total. I can't think of another stadium I've seen.

I thought it might be cool to do a career mode with one of these clubs as the presentation is more authentic, trouble is though that they're obviously all massive teams so starting immediately with the board expecting titles is a bit rubbish. I'd rather be able to build up a club, or take on a large club underperforming, sell off a load of their squad and start from scratch.

Maybe Milan fit the bill. I'm weighing up either Spurs, Milan, Fiorentina, or Wolves down in League One at the moment.

Cheers guys, so that makes seven in total. I can't think of another stadium I've seen.

I thought it might be cool to do a career mode with one of these clubs as the presentation is more authentic, trouble is though that they're obviously all massive teams so starting immediately with the board expecting titles is a bit rubbish. I'd rather be able to build up a club, or take on a large club underperforming, sell off a load of their squad and start from scratch.

Maybe Milan fit the bill. I'm weighing up either Spurs, Milan, Fiorentina, or Wolves down in League One at the moment.

What about (for shit and giggles) swapping the players of one of these big teams with the players of a L1 team and then changing their positions in the league's before starting a new career mode? Ie "do a kind of big club on decline" or a "Italian club in match fixing scandal" type scenario?

Does anyone know exactly which stadiums have the exterior cut scenes at the beginning? I've only so far noticed it for maybe six stadiums so far (Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool). Are there any more?

Boca Juniors stadium "La Bombonera".

Nice stadium especially on Broadcast

Boca Juniors stadium "La Bombonera".

Nice stadium especially on Broadcast
This. It's a good club to start a Career Mode, with the addition of experiencing the Argentinian League for the first time, then upgrade to an European League, just like IRL.

Last edited:
Played this at the weekend and remembered how much I do love this game. So...

Started a career on CM with Derby. Signed Zaha and Janazi from Man U on loan and bought Kevin Doyle.

Won, drew and lost my pre-season games and beat Pompy in the league cup.

FIFA14 NG really is a fantastic game.

I got a weird bug where 2 of my newly promoted youth wears black trousers instead of shorts.I guess I'll be stuck with that.I can't let them go,they got high potential.
]

I had this as well but I unlocked the edit player option in the catalogue and you can edit the player in your career screen. You can't change his trousers but if you press the randomise button (square on ps4) it switches him back to shorts :))

I had this as well but I unlocked the edit player option in the catalogue and you can edit the player in your career screen. You can't change his trousers but if you press the randomise button (square on ps4) it switches him back to shorts :))

thanks man,will try it later.

What about (for shit and giggles) swapping the players of one of these big teams with the players of a L1 team and then changing their positions in the league's before starting a new career mode? Ie "do a kind of big club on decline" or a "Italian club in match fixing scandal" type scenario?

Hmm, I didn't realise you could swap teams around from league to league. That's an interesting thought. I usually play out the 'club in decline rises once more' type scenario in PES ML due to them having the default ML players etc, so that seems like an interesting way to go. I don't think I'd get much satisfaction from taking over a giant club with all their top players from the start, in ML the fun is building the team from nothing.

On a different note, I played Liverpool v West Ham at Anfield, full manual, and the player individuality was huge. I don't understand anyone saying it's not there. On manual, stats really make a difference. Gerrard is able to hammer high cross field passes without much effort on my part, and they are super accurate. Try the same with another player and they mostly go wrong. Him and Henderson were pulling the strings I the middle, Coutinho was able to dribble his way out of tight spots unlike Sissoko down the left, who's dribbling is vastly different - he's all 'leggy' and slow to turn, his touches of the ball are stronger and less in control.

Gerrard then absolutely hammered home a long shot from 30 yards, best goal I've scored yet. I'd tried several long shots with other players but they were always skewed wide and high, but with Gerrard you get a feeling that he can do those things in the game, and so it proved.

Last edited:

It worked.Thanks again.

For me Individuality is there esp on manual.I love the game so much it became the only game I play atm.I notice individuality even in youth players.I have a 17 yrs old Brazilian CAM .Who took the place of a senior player due to his vision and off the ball movements.His speed is low but his ball control is 80.Despite being a small weak player he skips challenges like a boss.Soon he will become better.
I have about 6-9 players promoted from youth academy and 5 might join them in the new season.I don't buy big players I just get them from the academy.While my current players can keep going for 5-7 yrs.I'll build another group until then.
2014/15 season in Championship I'm unbeaten at home till now with only 2 loses.I'm in the 3rd place with 4 pts behind 1st place.I guess it's time to join EPL still in January tho.

As someone who is always hesitant to switch from "Assisted" *wait for the laughs and people pointing* I decided to bite the bullet last night and dumb everything down one level from the default and I have to say that I've found another dimension of appreciation for this game.

This is the game I've been waiting for since I first pushed the cartridge for International Soccer into my Commodore.

It says a lot about this game that 99% of my niggles are with the commentary and the ancillary features rather than the game-play.

I'm playing full manual on World Class and flat refuse to change the settings, despite getting hammered a lot of the time, because it's playing such a great game. Im not getting bored of the levels of individuality nor the way the CPU plays the game. It constantly pulls me apart. The only time it feels like its cheating is occasionally when it goes into overdrive in the last few minutes and gets a last minute goal, but I've just got to get better.

I also love how the games ebb and flow now. As Liverpool, I was all over West Ham, went 1-0 up early on, missed several chances, then went 2-0 up early in the second half and was comfortable until West Ham got one back with a scramble from a set-piece. After that it was all West Ham, and they ended up doing me over 3-2.

Great game but I can't even contemplate a Career Mode until I improve, I'd get fired within weeks!

Unfortunaltely online side is completely different than single player..It's all about lob passes and crosses even on full manuel controls..

Online sorry to say is still full of all assisted Barca & Bale Madrid 200 mph sprint pressure fest. Absolute rubbish.

I still get some decent games online. I think it depends what team you pick to play as. If you pick a 5 star team then you'll most likely be up against a 10 year old assisted twat playing as Madrid or Barca. But I've had some good games playing as Championship or League One clubs

What are they patching? Hopefully add the ability to see both kits before online matches. Some games are unplayable it's absolutely stupid. I'd love to meet the person who said "yes that's a good idea not to see your opponents kit just take a blind guess".

What are they patching? Hopefully add the ability to see both kits before online matches. Some games are unplayable it's absolutely stupid. I'd love to meet the person who said "yes that's a good idea not to see your opponents kit just take a blind guess".

On XB1 the game is a mess atm, u cant play online friendlies while in a party, if anyone enters the party the game crashes back to the dashboard for everyone inside the party LOL. Evan if u try to invite a friend for an online friendly the same crash happens... not to mention the toons of times u try to invite someone and the invite never reaches the person.

yeah there's a thread specifically on this for online seasons on the official fifa forums. Always the away strip no matter if home strips are nothing like each other.
Then there's the ref colour clashes too

They've made some improvements, on the 360 our (Sheffield Wednesday's) black away strip was useless as 99% of the time I chose it the ref was also wearing black, now on the PS4 I can wear the away strip with no clashes.

yeah there's a thread specifically on this for online seasons on the official fifa forums. Always the away strip no matter if home strips are nothing like each other.

Then there's the ref colour clashes too

Not always away kit, I've played against home kit v home kit online before

When are EA going to fix the lighting in early evening matches? The game looked beautiful at that time of day and some update totally screwed the shadows, players look almost silver. I might have to figure out how to delete patches if they don't bother trying to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom