[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

Just had a go of the Placebo legendary sliders and had a brilliant game as Ireland v Chile. My only issue was that it was far too easy to hit the wide men with a long ball, I think defensive line width might need pushing up a little?

Just played NG Fifa and everything was excellent apart from the fact i play with dynamic camera and you cant zoom in properly. Why has this changed?

Thanks for that Placebo, i did load a career but all my edits were gone. Can i disable UT?

Well you can choose not to enter the mode, I only go in to do a "relist all" for the players being traded so what I do now is have my person settings file with my custom formations backed up to online and to a flashdrive, boot the game, go to UT and relist, exit Fifa and copy my personal settings from online to local storage (it seems local files are only backed up to online storage after a few hours), this way I keep my custom formations.

How different is CG to NG, graphics aside?

It's very different IMO, some of the changes/improvements are subtle but all together as a package it's a brilliant game of football.

Paul can you post these in the career thread instead?

These being?

If you're talking about the videos/stats I've posted from my ongoing career they're not posted for their career mode content they're posted for their look at the game in general terms, for how it plays out, for how the sliders play out etc. etc. they're no more valid for the career thread than they are for the sliders thread hence the general thread fits best IMO.

Just had a go of the Placebo legendary sliders and had a brilliant game as Ireland v Chile. My only issue was that it was far too easy to hit the wide men with a long ball, I think defensive line width might need pushing up a little?

Yeah it could be that line width is too narrow now, I also tweaked this myself tonight bringing it out to 48 to hopefully open up central midfield a little, it's possible that more will be better.

Just played NG Fifa and everything was excellent apart from the fact i play with dynamic camera and you cant zoom in properly. Why has this changed?

Sadly nobody knows why it was changed and you'll never get a straight answer from EA, I was disappointed to find that the zoom was messed up in my usual tele camera but have learned to love the coop camera now at 20/20 so it's not so bad :)

Does anyone have problems with custom formations disappearing. In my career mode I have developed a custom formation for Blackburn, if I save career and not playing any other mode the custom formation remains, but if I play any other mode then the next time I load up my career the custom formation has disappeared. It is starting to really annoy me.

How different is CG to NG, graphics aside?

Must admit Placebo's videos do make it look very decent. Tempted to re-install and give it another go.

I only played the CG demo but the NG version is slower, has a heavier feel to it, players have miles more inertia, larger touches, and hundreds more animations.

The biggest upgrade though is the quality of the AI. If you have a top midfielder in your team, you'll instantly know it because of his clever runs off-the ball compared to your team mates. And the COM AI is leagues ahead of CG in its ability to keep the ball and create chances.

I'm sure others who played CG will have more insight but that's been my experience. Surprisingly I've felt no need to alter sliders at all, such is how enjoyable playing offline is.

For me ng is a totally different game.

I need to upload the goal I scored tonight and last night too.

OMG.

fifa CG for me is unplayable didnt like it only lasted a half and traded it in. Fifa NG on the other hand is entirely a different beast, coming from someone who has been playing pes from 2001 till now and then play fifa, for me its a big thing, and i can say for the very first time, fifa is heading in the right direction. Im glad fifa brang this game out, will put alot of pressure on konami now to deliver a great pes for NG

I've been trying to get used to the new default camera but I just don't like it. It's a shame because it's really cool seeing the crowd reactions to goals, but everything on the far side of the pitch is way too small. I'm preferring tele broadcast on 20 zoom 10 height, as I'm traditionally a PES player this cam feels right at home.

Also, what's up with manual settings? I'm finding the game easier! Strangely, the COM seems easier to tackle too. Not sure why that would be, though I'm still getting owned. My overall stats on World Class show I have a win average of just 12% against the COM in 72 matches played so far.

Last edited:

Bumped the width up to 48 and it was much better. Game was great anyway but now it's pretty amazing.

Can´t wait to get mine in 10 days! Does any of you guys here play online against friends on PS4?

Bumped the width up to 48 and it was much better. Game was great anyway but now it's pretty amazing.

That's exactly what I did as well ;)

I noticed that shooting 51 isn't stupidly overpowered compared to CG so currently have my shooting on that (haven't tried higher yet) can get a nice zip on the ball :)

What changes to the game does altering width to 48 do?

I just tried playing on slow, manual, and lowering the power bar to 45. It may well be a placebo effect but the ball feels heavier when you pass it due to the fact you have to charge it. Personally, I really like it like that.

Also, I just tried playing a German second division game, 1080 Munich v Union Berlin, and the difference between the players and those for the top teams was massive. Worse movement off the ball, players were mis-controlling the ball all over the shop, and passes were slower and more inaccurate. I loved it. The game played out as an unbelievably scrappy 0-0. The fact there are such differences in standards of player is making me want to try a Career Mode from a lower league team now. Signing a player much better than the rest of your team must be really satisfying, this is what I used to get from PES but I'm really happy with how EA are taking this game. Long may it continue.

Also, in Career Mode, do you get random board take-overs, or does that happen only if you unlock it in the EA shop thingy with your xp points?

What changes to the game does altering width to 48 do?

Just compresses the width of the game, IMO default 50 is a little too wide and makes the gameplay look too stretched with wise, it's all trial and error and what works best for you really :)

Also, in Career Mode, do you get random board take-overs, or does that happen only if you unlock it in the EA shop thingy with your xp points?

Yes and no, you get random takeovers but only for AI teams not for your own team, only way that happens is if you unlock it.

Just compresses the width of the game, IMO default 50 is a little too wide and makes the gameplay look too stretched with wise, it's all trial and error and what works best for you really :)

Yes and no, you get random takeovers but only for AI teams not for your own team, only way that happens is if you unlock it.

48 for both User and CPU or what?

Thanks for the sliders, can i use them semi-assist too or just manual?

Well you could but it may make the game too easy for you, but it's easy enough to raise passing/shooting error if that's the case :)

Thanks Paul, please could you post your exact slider settings?:))

Sure thing, I'll be playing Fifa in about 20 mins so first I'll knock up another slider setting video (love the PS4!) :)

I wouldn't advise that TBH you would end up with super hero goal keepers that make unrealistic saves, as crazy as it seems setting it to around 20 is really realistic, perhaps try setting through balls to manual and work your way up, or all passing manual with shooting on semi, or the other way around all passing semi and shooting manual, it's pretty easy once you've had some practice and is much more rewarding IMO.

I wouldn't advise that TBH you would end up with super hero goal keepers that make unrealistic saves, as crazy as it seems setting it to around 20 is really realistic, perhaps try setting through balls to manual and work your way up, or all passing manual with shooting on semi, or the other way around all passing semi and shooting manual, it's pretty easy once you've had some practice and is much more rewarding IMO.

Thanks man i will give it a go

Back
Top Bottom