[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

Yeah I use through pass a lot, because it powers up slower than regular x pass I tend to use it for short passes when the players are very close together, a quick tap of the button is perfect for a 1-2 yard pass whereas the x short pass can be too hard for close passing if you've raised the button power up slider / passing speed slider :)

Too many options LOL. Gotta play around with them I guess.

Think I'm gonna go to Legendary and see if I can get a decent slider set working for there, definitely happy with how I can adjust World Class to be more compatible with me :)

1524014_10202854562064318_298194732_o.jpg

1501124_10202854856311674_2012484138_o.jpg

Does anyone who plays full manual think it brings out more or less individuality with passing? I tried a couple of matches tonight on manual and generally felt more comfortable hitting passes with better players - they seemed to have a bit of assistance compared to lesser players, which I generally don't tend to see on assisted controls. I also seem to be much better at he game on manual than semi. No idea why though.

Last edited:
I think everyone should try manual, it slows the game down too. That said, on broadcast manual doesn't seem as manual as on tele, which is a good thing!

Got to the bottom of my share button not working. Basically pilot error on my behalf...

One click of the share button basically stores the last 15 mins you have played.

If you double click the share button, it will record from that point forward meaning you will lose the previous 15 mins.

Single click after a double click ends the new recording.

I think that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, just trying to understand. How does individiuality works at all manuel settings? (I can understand the phsicality, technic and dribling aspects can differ, but passing and shooting?)

Yeah it seems to bring out player ability. I kept giving the ball away with Smalling last night, his passes would go too far in front or behind the target, which is I think his passing ability offering me less leeway to get the pass right. By contrast, I was easily spraying the ball around with Carrick with much greater accuracy and playing the pass into the stride of its target with ease. It can't be a coincidence.

I also enjoyed the player individuality regarding player runs off the ball. Rooney would constantly drop deep into the No.10 role and was always buzzing around making himself available as a link between midfield and Wellbeck up front.

Don't get me wrong, just trying to understand. How does individiuality works at all manuel settings? (I can understand the phsicality, technic and dribling aspects can differ, but passing and shooting?)

Manual hasn't been truly 100% manual for the last 3 to 4(?) Fifas.

What Manual is now is essentially where you're aiming + the player's stats, so let's say you make a perfectly aimed pass with some D2 CB clogger, good chance the ball will be taken a little off from where you wanted it to go, or be slightly over/under powered, on the other hand aim slightly off on your pass with a good passer and his stats may help bring it back to being a decent pass, of course play a pass perfectly with a good passer and it'll be a thing of beauty!

Shooting works in a similar way, of course you also need to take the physical stuff into account as well, make sure you adjust them so you're making the pass/shot with their strongest foot, make sure they're not stretching for the ball, not off balance, not under presser/being pulled etc. etc.

Last edited:
Ah that makes sense :)

I have noticed that since I switched to manual yesterday, I take much greater notice of who I'm passing the ball with. I'll now naturally attempt more ambitious passing with better players, and keep it simple with lesser ones.

Last edited:
Moved to legendary now, working fairly well with my sliders and all manual, had a great match against Everton away, scraped a 1-0 win with a wonder bicycle kick goal from Bendtner.

1540521_10202860229085990_1353909298_o.jpg

Will have the full match up shortly.

Next was home to West Brom in a game I should have won but conceded a last minute penalty for 2-2 :(

1487740_10202860232766082_1778329918_o.jpg

I've always considered manual to result in less player individuality. Considering that there are four elements making up each pass (or shot) - player input, stats, context, and then aim assistance - if you increase the role of one (e.g. player input) then the others must influence the outcome less. No?

It's also highly dependent on each's ability level. If you're not good enough (like me), then you're often not getting the best out of the top players, which as a result can also compromise individuality. So, for me personally, top players distinguish themselves more on assisted than with manual. But I don't mess with sliders much like some of you guys, so this would be less an issue I suppose for those of you who adjust the game to make playing manual easier.

Last edited:
Moved to legendary now, working fairly well with my sliders and all manual, had a great match against Everton away, scraped a 1-0 win with a wonder bicycle kick goal from Bendtner.

Snip...

Liking the look of those numbers.

Have you worked out any way of keeping the pass error for the ai to a decent level and avoiding silly back pass own goals? I've had far too many defenders passing the ball back to the keeper and it either being an own goal or just rolls off for a corner and skims the post.

Strangely I haven't seen a wayward backpass since the first couple of days of getting the game, very few own goals, certainly not that kind either.

;)

Two more matches played during the "Twitch" have it recorded so will upload shortly, here's the half time/full time stats for both, basically was battered by Man City away and mostly comfortable against Liverpool at home:

1513265_10202866366759428_659282615_n.jpg

1505129_10202866368479471_186125765_n.jpg

1549211_10202866365519397_68283708_n.jpg

1499474_10202866364279366_1623378602_n.jpg

Strangely I haven't seen a wayward backpass since the first couple of days of getting the game, very few own goals, certainly not that kind either.

Odd. I'm using your beta sliders and regularly get crappy back passes to the keeper. I'd say maybe 1 own goal every 15 games and a corner maybe 1 in 3

Odd. I'm using your beta sliders and regularly get crappy back passes to the keeper. I'd say maybe 1 own goal every 15 games and a corner maybe 1 in 3

Weird, PS4? Check out some of my vids this kind of stuff never happens!

;)

Two more matches played during the "Twitch" have it recorded so will upload shortly, here's the half time/full time stats for both, basically was battered by Man City away and mostly comfortable against Liverpool at home:

1513265_10202866366759428_659282615_n.jpg

1505129_10202866368479471_186125765_n.jpg

1549211_10202866365519397_68283708_n.jpg

1499474_10202866364279366_1623378602_n.jpg

Here's the matches:

YouTube - Fifa 14 EPL ManCity v Owls Full Match #swfc #ps4 #fifa14
YouTube - Fifa 14 EPL Owls v Liverpool Full Match #swfc #ps4 #fifa14

(still uploading)

Blimey, this is a bit good isn't it?

Bought a PS4 yesterday after suddenly and accidentally catching the hype train so chose to get FIFA with it and I couldn't be more impressed.

The range of animations and player individuality is stunning!

Back
Top Bottom