[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

Are you playing on default settings or sliders?

Slow + below tweaks.

I haven't really worked on the sliders as I'm still adjusting to the PS4's controller, currently on Professional all manual, just put the GK's to 20, increased my button press and raised CPU marking to 65. Game is very decent on default (that and it's much harder coming form the 360 controller right now) :)

I have mine on slow, and the only changes I've made are to increase power bar to 60 and first touch error for both teams to 65 each. It makes better players stand out more. Other than that it doesn't need any alterations, plays great as it is. World Class is still hard as nails though.

One thing I have noticed, is the number of fouls the COM commits have somehow increased. Which is great. But they REALLY need to patch out the graphics glitch when playing early evening games. The graphics were beautiful at that time of day and something in the last patch screwed with the graphics, everything is kinda 'greyed' out. The lighting has gone wrong.

Please EA sort the goalkeepers kits clashing. Same problem every year and should be sorted now. I know people want game play to be most important thing but what about player tattoo's? Many players have them and give us an option to change a players hair style. Simple option to mix kits. No more bullshit and excuses. We ask every year so give it up.

Sorry couldn't reply via the PS4 (as far as I know you can't reply to comments?) I use Coop with max tilt and min zoom, my home stadium is Ivy Lane I think it is but this camera seems to have the same zoom setting available for every stadia (although not all have the same tilt, Goodison for example) but I find it's the zoom that I find most disturbing if one stadium is suddenly zoomed in a lot more than I'm used to.

Definitely liking playing on it although when the play's at the top of the screen it's a bid hard to see at times!

What was the image quality/smoothness like?

Sorry couldn't reply via the PS4 (as far as I know you can't reply to comments?) I use Coop with max tilt and min zoom, my home stadium is Ivy Lane I think it is but this camera seems to have the same zoom setting available for every stadia (although not all have the same tilt, Goodison for example) but I find it's the zoom that I find most disturbing if one stadium is suddenly zoomed in a lot more than I'm used to.

Definitely liking playing on it although when the play's at the top of the screen it's a bid hard to see at times!

What was the image quality/smoothness like?

Excellent quality to watch. It was like watching it on my own tv. Was watching it with my laptop.

Wow that's good to hear! I chose best quality but wondered if that would sacrifice smoothness for the sake of image quality, guess I'll stick with it then! I tweaked the sliders a little to tighten up the height/width/line length and it's now a bit more closer together in a realistic sense, had the first couple of matches at the end of my session last night and enjoyed it a lot.

Ended up closing January with a squad completely decimated for the sake of 13 players signed on pre-contracts, no idea if I'll have a large enough squad to make promotion (currently holding 2nd) but I'll have a pretty strong squad next season!

1551708_10202816576594705_1759067120_n.jpg

75200_10202816571754584_1934537345_n.jpg

Everyone above Briggs showing as "joined club" are players signed on Bosmans for next season

Must admit for once I kinda "cheated", found this website which lists all players whose contracts are due to expire in 2014 in real life:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_gesamt_2014.html

Well that was the actual gameplay footage inc automatic replays, just used the PS4's video trimming/sharing option to trim the start/finish then shared on facebook, downloaded the MP4 and uploaded it straight into youtube, very little to it :)

how do you download the MP4 from facebook? What app did you use?

I found an online one but the HD version of the video doesnt save.

Last edited:
I use "Internet Download Manager" for Firefox but a simple free addon is Flashgot downloader: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashgot/?src=search

You can even use http://jdownloader.org/ which is a brilliant free downloader for lots of http stuff as well :)

thanks, I use chrome so I will dig around.

I thought the FB uploads were poor quality, but if you edit the video you can view it in HD and it was actually pretty decent. I just hope I can grab that version.

Cheers

Trying some more streaming with the Ustream option now: PS4 Fifa14 Career Mode on USTREAM: Sheffield Wednesday career mode in Fifa14 on PS4.. PlayStation

thanks, I use chrome so I will dig around.

I thought the FB uploads were poor quality, but if you edit the video you can view it in HD and it was actually pretty decent. I just hope I can grab that version.

Cheers

Yeah with those two plugins I mention you can choose to download the SD or HD version

Hmmm, tried that before (as it was in previous fifa's) but all my player did was stepovers... probably didn't time it right.

It's L2 + right stick now ;)

Last edited:
How do you push the ball in front of you when running with it?

You have to be using RT. A single flick will do a small knock on, very small, almost like a sprint touch, a double tap will push it the ball much further. If I could figure it out I would upload a video from my XBox one, my RB doing a single knock then a double to blow by a defender. I'll look at it tonight if possible.

So i bought the scout future star thing in the football club catalogue. I've played 6 months now and never had a single mention of it. I also bought the financial takeover as I've guided Portsmouth up 2 divisions now and the owners being a real right fit with money.
Again... No effect at all.

Just out of interest I put on the PS3 demo of FIFA 14 and ran it alongside my PS4 version by switching channels. I haven't used my PS3 since I got my PS4 and was shocked how low-res and blurry the graphics looked in comparison on PS3. People say there isn't much of a difference between the old and new consoles but after getting used to PS4, old-gen suddenly looks seriously dated. Next-gen FIFA 14 in particular looks miles better. Funny to think only a short while ago I though the graphics on old-gen consoles looked great.

Next-gen is a huge leap forwards.

Played 10 games against cpu.. great game but!
1. 99% short goalkick
2. No shots outside the box from the cpu
Can i change it with the sliders???

When I played yesterday, Xabi Alonso took a shot in my half, like in the miles outside and it cannon off the post. I shit in my pants when he took the shot, it look exactly the way Xabi took his long shot IRL.

Just out of interest I put on the PS3 demo of FIFA 14 and ran it alongside my PS4 version by switching channels. I haven't used my PS3 since I got my PS4 and was shocked how low-res and blurry the graphics looked in comparison on PS3. People say there isn't much of a difference between the old and new consoles but after getting used to PS4, old-gen suddenly looks seriously dated. Next-gen FIFA 14 in particular looks miles better. Funny to think only a short while ago I though the graphics on old-gen consoles looked great.

Next-gen is a huge leap forwards.

It is, I think people that say it isnt are watching youtube videos and arent picking up on the stuff going on besides the extra sheen on the graphics(which itself is not fully evident on youtube).

I was playing BF4 online last night on the Shanghai map, even though I had played the map before I never really took it all in. After the tower falls and there are bits of burning paper floating everywhere and all the dust in the air along with the massive damage to the city, the 64 players, the mayhem, its amazing.

The increase in resolution and fps is nice and all, but what really makes the jump so apparent for me are the extra details, textures & effects that were not possible last gen. These are the things that go a long way in separating the generations and they bring the games to life.

I took a long shot yesterday and watched the ball on the replay and noticed that a small piece of mud had been kicked up from the ground with the shot and it followed the ball most of the way towards the goal on the same trajectory, was really cool :)

So i bought the scout future star thing in the football club catalogue. I've played 6 months now and never had a single mention of it. I also bought the financial takeover as I've guided Portsmouth up 2 divisions now and the owners being a real right fit with money.
Again... No effect at all.

I had that problem on fifa 13 and it was because I had two career mode saves believe it or not! I had to delete one.

Well Upload had about 99 videos in it so I'm busy clearing them out, will get to the knock on video ASAP. XBox One records every diving save/volley/chip. So there's just tons of junk in my videos.

hey placebo, just checked your vids, u seem to have set the pace and the flow of the game really well, can you please tell me your setup thanks

Back
Top Bottom