[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

EA are only interested in money! Once they have your money, this it, like it or lump it, same with pretty much every big, horrible, deplorable corporate company.
You blame EA for loving money.Yet Konami kept releasing crap for 7 years.

From your posts you seem to have no interest in even trying the urself instead of judging through watching videos.

One thing I learnt about PES fans over the last couple of years,they ask fifa fans to give PES time to get used to it.Yet you guys don't even give fifa more than a single halftime. :/

If you're looking to nitpick you can find it, playing the game though this is the best individuality that's ever existed in a FIFA game, the thing about being wrong footed is I make sure I have adjusted the body position of the player to make sure his stronger foot is used.

I think it's absolutely amazing what they've done not just on next gen but current gen also, sure they could tighten some stuff up but even PES5 was complained about.

How someone can complain about one aspect of a game when they haven't even played it themselves yet, is beyond me.

This game is the BEST football game since games were invented. And I've seen heaps of misplaced passes, shots and crosses with the weaker foot. There are even multiple lines in the commentary about weaker foot efforts.

You blame EA for loving money.Yet Konami kept releasing crap for 7 years.

I didn't mention Konami in my post.

From your posts you seem to have no interest in even trying the urself instead of judging through watching videos.

One thing I learnt about PES fans over the last couple of years,they ask fifa fans to give PES time to get used to it.Yet you guys don't even give fifa more than a single halftime. :/

Because i'm too forgiving, so i'm always interested in new things and seeing if my previous grievances within FIFA have been changed.

Again some people do not have the luxury to pay 400 odd quid for a brand new console, if you have a curiosity, all you got to go on is videos in my situation.

Ok Klash, we get it, FIFA still isn't up to your standards, again. Maybe one day you'll get a next gen system, give the game a real chance, and like so many of us find it to be the best representation of football to date, by far, even if it's not without its flaws.

But something tells me that you'll always fixate on and exaggerate FIFA's shortcomings. Your loss, not ours.

Klash, I don’t know why you even care to post about a game or a console that you won't buy in the near future.

For the record I only care about the best football experience available on the market ethier it be EA or any other company.

If I were you, I'd stick to PES section and avoid posting speculations about a game I haven't tried."you don't have to buy the luxury console "

Without knowing you Klashman69 it's a little unfair to judge, but you've mentioned money a few times now, it's almost as if you resent those of us able to afford a next gen console so are trying to undermine our experience to make yourself feel better, like I said I don't know you so perhaps that's an unfair assessment but that's how you're seeming to come across in here.

Klash, I don’t know why you even care to post about a game or a console that you won't buy in the near future.

Did you even read what i said or jumped at me based on reputation? I'm not going over something i said already, why are you trying to turn this into an argument?

Without knowing you Klashman69 it's a little unfair to judge, but you've mentioned money a few times now, it's almost as if you resent those of us able to afford a next gen console so are trying to undermine our experience to make yourself feel better, like I said I don't know you so perhaps that's an unfair assessment but that's how you're seeming to come across in here.

If i had the money i wouldn't buy it anyway mate :LOL: . But one thing i do talk about is some here do come from some rather privileged backgrounds, not all but it seems a few certainly do and throw this comment around 'just buy the game and play it' and i was just explaining my financial situation. Everyone on this board seems to be in a comfortable position to buy a new console, that is not the same for everyone.

One thing i forget, i'm really not like your average person, i have little to no understanding of what the most hyped games are these days. Like i said, i think pretty much all games are shit. No game comes near to the joy i had playing Sonic in the 90's and will never come close, you play the game, you finish it, then do something else, rather than spend the entire day zoned into a console which rules your life. I don't even want another experience that i had like playing Sonic, it's gone, it's done, time to move on!

Most here are European or are from the USA, a few South Americans, times are extremely hard financially in the west, in the UK here the unemployment figure is 2.39 million, despite figures 'dropping' this is people taking up total bullshit jobs because they don't have much of a choice. We also have this 'Debt culture' which people are taking out loans to buy material goods they can't even afford and to be perfectly honest don't need. Wonga, Quick Quid loans and all so i do speak about the value of money a lot, not just that i'm a firm believer in that the amount of money you have dictates the boundaries of your life and you must look within the budget you have to how you can live but I'm believe it's more important to be aware of the holistic affect a videogame can have on your entire life. This is why i always make a big point about money.

By the way i'll finish off, there is no such thing as 'missing out' that entire concept does not and never has exist. It's a illusion created especially by salesmen and corporations to try and get your money. It's the most important rule when it comes to selling and a key factor of the high over materialistic world we live in to feed your ego. Your life experience is YOUR life experience and yours only, there is no perfect way to live life and we all need to embrace our own differences and live life to what fate has given you to experience.

This explains why i come across because i forget, most people assume that if something is hyped up, everyone wants it. I don't watch TV, play videogames apart from PES or FM, listen to any commercial music, eat fast food in McDonalds, own Dre Beat headphones. I'm a fucking alien, i look to deeply into reality, the universe, everything and question where we in society are heading!

Mr. Klashman, please stop trolling the fifa NG thread! :TTTH:

You´re gonna be stoned, but fairly. :P

I think I get my coat :COAT:

Last edited:
Broadcast v broadcast camera v two manual players = simulation heaven

Love it, gives it a totally different feel to the game and can appreciate it so much more.

We need to broadcast and show some of the haters

Frankly I couldn't care less how much of a simulation it is, the main thing I'm enjoying above all else is that the COM AI is fantastic.

The offline opponent AI, in terms of player runs, choice of pass etc and ability to keep the ball frankly shits on PES and previous FIFAs from a great height. The AI can retain the ball for long periods and spring your defence out of nothing with a player run you never saw coming. It's not perfect, but miles better than anything made before it.

Good to hear that the 6x more CPU-power the new gen offers is used for better AI in Fifa NG.

I hope that PES 2015 on PS4/xboxone next year will utilize it likewise to offer much better AI.

I've sold my ps3 and my copy of pes 14 has been sold too, so i'm pes free until next autumn. I've never been a fifa player but have been playing the ps4 demo and i've been enjoying it and am considering buying the full game. Is there much of an improvement from demo to full game - to be honest i wasn't overly impressed with the animations or the ball physics. But like i said i've never really been a fifa player but am willing to give it a go. I don't wanna be without a footie game for another 10-11 months.

Good to hear that the 6x more CPU-power the new gen offers is used for better AI in Fifa NG.

I hope that PES 2015 on PS4/xboxone next year will utilize it likewise to offer much better AI.

Yeah the AI has definitely been the main improvement thanks to the new engine. That said, all the extra animations and player inertia a also huge improvements.

I hope that for PES2015 too, but given this year's effort I'm not expecting much tone honest. While EA will be into their second game on NG, I suspect Konami might be trotting out the excuse of it being their first attempt on new hardware. It's always 'next year' with them.

Last edited:
Well that was the actual gameplay footage inc automatic replays, just used the PS4's video trimming/sharing option to trim the start/finish then shared on facebook, downloaded the MP4 and uploaded it straight into youtube, very little to it :)

Im gonna have to sift through my replays and post some up.

We've scored some stunners in multiplayer.

The ball is far looser in this game ..hard to describe it feel as though when it pops up it doesn't automatically fall to a player you have to manual chase it ..also manual shooting is difficult but that maybe coming from an Xbox controller in the PC ...also noticed some individuality .feels very smooth and looks nice too

I played a game and it looks so good, the atmosphere makes me remember World cup 2010 game.
Now i really want a next gen console to play this one.

Ea servers down since yesterday for me on the PS4

well it will log into ea servers but comes up with server error when trying to play the games

Back
Top Bottom