[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

But I disagree about individuality. Skilled players in this game are great if you just let them do their thing; they can do some special stuff in tight spaces.

I agree with this, I made the mistake of trying to dribble round an attacker with Mertesaker the other day, it was like trying to steer a boat. Let's just say it didn't end well seeing as he was the last man ;)

On the other hand, I tried the exact same thing with Ozil, turning using L1, and he pulled off this nice animation where he changed direction and chopped the ball past the opponent's outstretched leg. Mertesaker by comparison took a heavy touch and bundled himself into the opponent.

what camera setting is this? Looks like default but closer to the action.
My biggest problem with fifa 14 is that I cant get comfortable with any cameras in the game. Looks like zoom and height is broken.

I think I found the answer on the last page. However I think that the action in the video is closer than what I am getting from default camera on my system. :DRUNK:

It's just the default camera mate.

It's just the default camera mate.

Thank you.
I just fix my speed and graphics issues connecting to1080p tv and kicking my wife to 720 p tv so it's all good but I am struggling with this game. Offence and defence not happening at the moment for my at all. I am getting hammered by swensa playing arsenal 4-0 on professional and manual everything except semi shooting. Damn 10 years experience in pes game all on manual does not help in this case at all. Is there a free training session in fifa?
Need a lot of practise.;)

Is it true that on default camera , zoom and height does not work at all? I can't get it to work in any way.

Played against Real Madrid earlier, constant lobbed through-balls. The game is tons of fun against the lower teams but I hope that's not a sign for all of the top teams.

When I play against Juve/Inter/Roma I don't get constant lobbed through-balls. But I do notice teams attacking specific areas. Napoli down the wings a lot, Roma through the middle, Juventus all the fuck over the place. It's been fun.

Played against Real Madrid earlier, constant lobbed through-balls. The game is tons of fun against the lower teams but I hope that's not a sign for all of the top teams.

Yeah, sometimes the CPU spams lofted through balls, which is a killer because the backline defensive AI is sometimes a problem in this game. I don't notice it being an issue with all top teams though and see it more with lower table teams in the EPL.

And I have to agree with whoever said there's still not enough long shot attempts by the CPU. They do happen but there probably ought to be more.

LT/L2 is the new protect the ball feature. Use it when receiving a pass under pressure but it's not necessary when not under pressure. In fact, using it when not under pressure can slow you down too much and cost you valuable momentum, so it's important to learn when it is and isn't beneficial to use.

Headers are a bit of a mystery to me, but I think using LT/L2 still might be helpful. Not really sure though.

Other than that, the other changes are the L1 plus lob pass for a powerful low lob pass; L2+R2 does some type of free dribble thing that's helpful in tight situations; and I think L1 still does some type of close dribble control too.

The main thing though is mastering the L2/LT protect the ball feature, and the rest is just icing on the cake.

Yeah LT works for positioning on headers for sure. I was thinking of something comparable to PES's use of the R2 when receiving a pass to control it better. Not sure if on FIFA it's L2 or L1. Some things are not explained in the manual. Wish there was a tutorial mode or something.

Yeah LT works for positioning on headers for sure. I was thinking of something comparable to PES's use of the R2 when receiving a pass to control it better. Not sure if on FIFA it's L2 or L1. Some things are not explained in the manual. Wish there was a tutorial mode or something.

You're definitely right about LT for headers. After saying I wasn't sure, I tried using it just in the skill game where have to win headers against a CB, and I scored with regularity using LT to gain position. Previously I'd sucked at that particular skill game.

I think LT does help with controlling a pass, and I use it regularly when I'm in tight spaces or under pressure. I just don't use it when speed and momentum are important, like on counter-attacks or when going onto a through pass.

Even in the Championship I'm noticing very different playing styles, for example was away to Blackburn, when I attacked they backed off a lot until I was near the box then they pressed me heavily and tried for swift counter attacks, but not the tedious lobbed/long ball but rather with swift short passing moves, very interesting to play against, ended 1-1 :)

Just got an update for the PS4 version, what does it do? I'm too lazy to check it out myself.

If you go to a game, press the options button there's an "update history" option and it shows the contents of the updates for each game/app, very handy :)

885338_10202733872087144_1661429763_o.jpg

You're definitely right about LT for headers. After saying I wasn't sure, I tried using it just in the skill game where have to win headers against a CB, and I scored with regularity using LT to gain position. Previously I'd sucked at that particular skill game.

I think LT does help with controlling a pass, and I use it regularly when I'm in tight spaces or under pressure. I just don't use it when speed and momentum are important, like on counter-attacks or when going onto a through pass.

I find you can still hold off defenders when at full speed by just tapping L2 very quickly. You see the player extend his arm to fend off any challenges without losing speed.

If you go to a game, press the options button there's an "update history" option and it shows the contents of the updates for each game/app, very handy :)

885338_10202733872087144_1661429763_o.jpg

Haven't played it since the patch, any gameplay changes? Hope not! Also, what's the fix made to default camera?

Just got this today for the Xbox One. The games a thing of beauty. Clear EA spent the time getting a good launch title and although there's a few features missing compared to CG, the graphics are outstanding and the gameplay so fluid.

ill tell you one thing that gets my goat - not a game play issue but a CM issue.
Im manager of Southampton - doing OK - ive been offered nearly every country to manage in the lead up to the world cup yet im not considered good enough to manage Everton or Spurs.

How does that work?

ill tell you one thing that gets my goat - not a game play issue but a CM issue.
Im manager of Southampton - doing OK - ive been offered nearly every country to manage in the lead up to the world cup yet im not considered good enough to manage Everton or Spurs.

How does that work?

Same thing for me. Had a poor start with Genoa, turned things around and started winning, lots of offers coming in. Tried with Spurs three times and I just 'wasn't good enough'. I want to say this list is just available jobs, not jobs offered specifically to you.

And as for holding LT when ahead of a defender, or tapping LT. What I do is knock the ball on (if able to), using RT+right stick. You will auto shield, and if able, pull away from the defender. I have a nice clip (Xbox one) of my young RB taking the ball, knocking it on, seeing a defender at a bad angle and doing a double knock to blow by everyone.
In pro clubs/career I constantly switch from no RT, to RT, the change in speed gets people fairly easily.

Guess the patch didnt fix the custom cameras:

"EA, why have you fixed dynamic camera mode but completely ignored the issue with customising tele cam? The game still looks horrible to me at certain stadia including Goodison park. It's ruining the game for me. "

guys, in which mode can i practice in fifa 2014? I am looking for something like free training mode in pes.
help, i really suck at this game.

thanks

Guys the game is excellent but only for offline mode with friends on slow/manual with sliders or career mode single player. Online is a pinball ping pong joke...No custom friendlies to play slow realistic matches...

I think I prefer playing the game on slow, both player and ball movement feel like they have more 'weight' to them, but the reduced speed sometimes feels like player inertia might be toned down a bit due to the slower speed having less of an effect. Might just be a placebo effect though.

Had a PS4 ready to buy just for FIFA 14, glad i held out now. With all the missing features, messed up cameras and now this I think FIFA 15 is where its at...or maybe if they iron all the bugs out but im thinking they may give the world cup game the focus if there is one

Back
Top Bottom