[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

Loaded it up today and my four custom formations had vanished (and the shitty EA "trax" were all turned back on) so some kind of profile corruption, which sucks because on NG you can only save one profile (I usually save at least one backup of the profile based on experience with EA buggy programming over the years).

I see the custom formation bug is still in next gen whereby if you edit a formation during a match the workrate and offensive/defensive arrows won't save, disappointing they let this kind of shit through to "next gen".

Yes, unfortunately that is an annoying bug!

EA should def give people the options you mention. I'm just not seeing the camera angles affecting the experience THAT much, but like you said, everyone's different.

I see where Bruno is coming from and him and I aren't alone.

The thing is, the SHIFT/change we talk about is a LOT bigger in SOME stadiums than others. Sometimes that change isn't a big deal but in certain stadiums it can be very annoying for those of us who are used to cameras at a certain height/zoom level.

I've personally edited teams' stadiums to not have those problematic stadiums such as Molton Road, La Canchita who seem two of the worst. Then there are others like Stadion Neder that aren't as bad but still not ideal.

I play on good old "Tele" camera (Not tele broadcast), and set height to 7 and zoom to 6 as that is my ideal setting. It looks gorgeous in Amsterdam Arena and most stadiums but in certain ones, the camera is very different and unfortunately we are unable to edit it.

I see where Bruno is coming from and him and I aren't alone.

The thing is, the SHIFT/change we talk about is a LOT bigger in SOME stadiums than others. Sometimes that change isn't a big deal but in certain stadiums it can be very annoying for those of us who are used to cameras at a certain height/zoom level.

I've personally edited teams' stadiums to not have those problematic stadiums such as Molton Road, La Canchita who seem two of the worst. Then there are others like Stadion Neder that aren't as bad but still not ideal.

I play on good old "Tele" camera (Not tele broadcast), and set height to 7 and zoom to 6 as that is my ideal setting. It looks gorgeous in Amsterdam Arena and most stadiums but in certain ones, the camera is very different and unfortunately we are unable to edit it.

Is there a bigger change when using custom camera settings? 'Cause I use the tele broadcast camera on default settings and I barely notice a difference. And when I do notice a change, I don't think I could ever say it influenced gameplay.

It is a bigger change with custom camera settings.

Like I said I play at camera height 7 and zoom 6 which is different from the default. This is also 'Tele' camera and not 'Tele Broadcast'.

So the fact that some stadiums essentially don't allow you to set your own custom camera settings (they do but it doesn't make a difference from default settings) is the issue Bruno and I are talking about and find annoying.

Ah, I get it. So basically if you like playing with a camera setting that's quite different from the default, you're screwed on certain stadiums?

I play on tele with height 20 and zoom 0, so it's unfortunately a massive difference with certain stadiums, I went through them all today and noted down the camera options for all UK'ish looking stadiums so going to fix all the English teams to only play in certain stadiums.

Ah, I get it. So basically if you like playing with a camera setting that's quite different from the default, you're screwed on certain stadiums?

Yeah, the default camera looks the same on every stadium but Tele Broadcast is wildly different depending on the stadium. At the Emirates, you can edit Tele Broadcast in height and zoom to a large degree, do the same at Goodison Park and it's fixed to a really high vantage point, and the height and zoom options don't do anything..

On a different note, I've only played the game until today on 3pm or 8pm kick off times. I never realised the lighting dramatically changes as you go through the clock. The lighting alters in strength and shadows every half-an-hour you change. My favourite is summer at around 5-6pm. It can make the same stadium look dramatically different.

Yeah, the default camera looks the same on every stadium but Tele Broadcast is wildly different depending on the stadium. At the Emirates, you can edit Tele Broadcast in height and zoom to a large degree, do the same at Goodison Park and it's fixed to a really high vantage point, and the height and zoom options don't do anything..

Exactly, and since i play 50-60% of my games at Goodison i end up getting used to that high angle, than when i have to play in a stadium sutch as Emirates i just cant "see" the game, its likt if my vision attribute went from 90 to 15, in other words its like at Goodison im Xavi, at Emirates im Tony Hibbert LOL

:APPLAUD: :LMAO:

Exactly.

Now in my case, it's not a huge issue because my custom camera settings aren't THAT different from the default ones. Nonetheless, it's annoying and an issue we really shouldn't be having.

I play on tele with height 20 and zoom 0, so it's unfortunately a massive difference with certain stadiums, I went through them all today and noted down the camera options for all UK'ish looking stadiums so going to fix all the English teams to only play in certain stadiums.

Mind sharing that list Paul?

I would like to know which stadiums those are to avoid them as well even though I don't play as zoomed out as you do.

Is this on ps4? Funny I have the game and it does not look like that. Also gameplay is faster and more like fifa on ps3. Very strange. What camera do you use? This does not look like default camera. Which one is it? What settings? I have 720p tv is this the reason for faster gameplay and not so great graphics? Very strange. I bought ps4 and fifa 2014 because the videos on the net look great but not on my tv.
I am disappointed. This is very wired.

Last edited:
thats the default camera for sure.... also i belive if u dont have a 1080p tv u wont benefit/see the full graphics improvment over the ps3/360 version since the bigger native resolution is problaby the biggest improvment.

Got PS4 + Fifa14 yesterday.Played 3 matches worldclass manual.Got my ass kicked by Cpu.I love the feeling of the game.
I have put +120 hours on PC version ,this will be special. :))

The AI can be so good in this. I tried Nottm Forest v Millwall and the AI was misplacing passes, knocking long balls, and both teams had noticeably worse first touches and clunky dribbling.

Next game, I played Arsenal v Swansea and it was entirely different. Swansea dragged me all over the place and finished on 60% possession. For long periods I couldn't get the ball off them and I was having to manually switch to covering defenders all over the place because the AI kept switching play. The AI running off the ball was really intelligent, I'd track one run and realise it had used that player to drag mine out of position for another runner somewhere else. It was great.

Last edited:
Got PS4 + Fifa14 yesterday.Played 3 matches worldclass manual.Got my ass kicked by Cpu.I love the feeling of the game.
I have put +120 hours on PC version ,this will be special. :))

Does the game look anything like the clips posted by Darth here? Because genesee posted a few posts above that it doesn't. I don't want to be disappointed.

I think it must be a TV issues his case. Mine looks exactly like darth's videos but seeing it on a TV is a lot crisper and more detailed. It's nowhere near the NBA2K levels but WAYYY nicer than CG. As for speed, mine again is nicely paced and much slower than CG so again genesee must be having TV issues of some kind. The game certainly isn't fast even on normal game speed.

Ive played the demo on my PS4 and it looks and feels pretty much the same as xbox one, controller differences apart.

Its a wonderful game though, AI do seem to love the lobbed through ball at times too much which when they have a skillful passer on the ball is deadly and sometimes theres just nothing you can do to defend against it.

But its great not having a sure fire way to score and the keepers on this are just incredible in their behaviour and the types of saves they pull off not just with their hands but just getting their body in the way and using a leg etc.

I must have a glitch in my management mode. Every time I say something during the game - not swearing - I get the sack.
I can't even throw my hands up in the air in frustration. Had to cover the kinect.

Hope they do a lot of work on the generic stadiums for Fifa15, they look really poor quality in terms of textures, really washed out, barely any better than CG (if at all).

Managed to get some matches in this weekend, really like it. However I do feel like I lack control of the players with all their extra touches and loss of possesion in midfield. Still trying to find a nice balance.

As for the camera's Ive settled on tele broadcast at default settings, as customising them seems pointless with the override at certain stadiums. But I do actually like that feature as it enhances the away feeling and makes away games that little more difficult.

Does the game look anything like the clips posted by Darth here? Because genesee posted a few posts above that it doesn't. I don't want to be disappointed.

Don't worry. It looks amazing. Like in Darth videos.Also the way it plays is much better than just watching videos.

Trust me the YouTube videos are not indicative of the pace or graphics of the game. Slow setting imo is perfect

Last edited:
I think the clips ive posted are going to be a great quality, its ripped straight from the game to the consoles own upload studio and then uploading to Microsofts own skydrive, apart from the clips being 720p they look exactly as it happened. :)

I think it must be a TV issues his case. Mine looks exactly like darth's videos but seeing it on a TV is a lot crisper and more detailed. It's nowhere near the NBA2K levels but WAYYY nicer than CG. As for speed, mine again is nicely paced and much slower than CG so again genesee must be having TV issues of some kind. The game certainly isn't fast even on normal game speed.

I don't know why I have some issues. I played demo at the store and it was wonderful. Bought the game with the system and at home is nothing like at the store or in the videos. Must be my 720p plasma. The speed is off, especially player turns and ball speed. It is way too fast even on slow setting. Player running sims ok. Graphics is another thing. Good at close range but very close to GC from the distance on default camera. Another wired thing is I get slowdowns and stuttering when shooting near the goal post . When ball is going over or beside. Not all the time but ever 2nd or 3th attempt. Also when I was up 3 goals, not even once goals were shown after during some game delays. I am not taking about replays after you score. I meant goal replays latter in the game.I hope this is my tv issue. I have 1080p plasma in TV room but wife is watching her stuff so I got 720 p left for the moment. I will check on hd TV and report back. I hope this is TV issue.
Btw I am on ps4

Had an odd free kick bug this morning. I brought a second player over to take the kick, then pressed to bring a third. As I did one of the defenders came sprinting out of the wall and stood directly in front of the ball. I pressed to take a shot and my player ran forward, took a swing and took the defenders legs out from under him and then got a yellow card!

Saved it to the share button anyway so people on ps4 can take a look on the 'what's new tab'.

I was getting a CE crash when trying to play online seasons earlier on today.

I got around it by deleting all the online save files through Fifa 14 itself.

Just in case anyone else gets it.

Cheers
Shooto

Don't worry. It looks amazing. Like in Darth videos.Also the way it plays is much better than just watching videos.

Trust me the YouTube videos are not indicative of the pace or graphics of the game. Slow setting imo is perfect

I think the clips ive posted are going to be a great quality, its ripped straight from the game to the consoles own upload studio and then uploading to Microsofts own skydrive, apart from the clips being 720p they look exactly as it happened. :)

Thanks for reassuring me. Don't want to be disappointed after all that money spent :P

Hope they do a lot of work on the generic stadiums for Fifa15, they look really poor quality in terms of textures, really washed out, barely any better than CG (if at all).

They should've worked a lot more on better textures since we're on next-gen plus have 50gb size discs now. 8-9gb is unacceptable. Should've taken advantage.

I don't know why I have some issues. I played demo at the store and it was wonderful. Bought the game with the system and at home is nothing like at the store or in the videos. Must be my 720p plasma. The speed is off, especially player turns and ball speed. It is way too fast even on slow setting. Player running sims ok. Graphics is another thing. Good at close range but very close to GC from the distance on default camera. Another wired thing is I get slowdowns and stuttering when shooting near the goal post . When ball is going over or beside. Not all the time but ever 2nd or 3th attempt. Also when I was up 3 goals, not even once goals were shown after during some game delays. I am not taking about replays after you score. I meant goal replays latter in the game.I hope this is my tv issue. I have 1080p plasma in TV room but wife is watching her stuff so I got 720 p left for the moment. I will check on hd TV and report back. I hope this is TV issue.
Btw I am on ps4

I don't understand too. Have you updated your PS4? Installed Fifa patches? Maybe these make a difference?

I really hope it's just the 1080p.

Back
Top Bottom