[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

World Class and assisted controls, not manual.

Thanks for the info my friend. Seems like the consensus here is that World Class is the way to go (either semi-assisted or manual), but can still drop down one level if needed (which, may end up happening for me, LOL!) :BOP:

Thanks for the info my friend. Seems like the consensus here is that World Class is the way to go (either semi-assisted or manual), but can still drop down one level if needed (which, may end up happening for me, LOL!) :BOP:

I would def start with Pro. If you start on WC you'll probably get crushed.

Definitely a bug with youth team players. I now have a goalie with black legs and no upper body, and my midfielder now has no feet. Totally broken. Can't believe I've not read about this before

I managed to fix the glitched players myself now. I went into edit player and randomised them until they popped back to normal.

Injuries are crazy now, though still inconsistent. I had quite a few in my first Spurs CM, then hardly any in my second CM with Chelsea, now I'm on my third CM, again with Chelsea, and I've had LOADS of injuries. Right now I have 6 of my first 11 out with injuries, four of them long-term.

This is on default sliders. I've never experienced so many injuries as I have in my current CM. Brutal.

Only thing I don't like is the fact some adjusting camera settings doesn't seem to have an effect in some stadiums.

Man, this issue is really getting into my nerves, id like to lock the same camera zoom/height for every stadium, just like im used to do in the past 15 years playing football games, to me its unacceptable that we cant have this option, specially speaking of next gen.

The game changes drastically when u play on diferent camera angles, for exemple im used to play on Tele Broadcast Zoom 5/height 15 on the 360 game, now i have to play in wichever crazy angle EA decides to set every stadium, try and see the diference between the angle on that fake stadium Weltdstaion and on Emirates, its almost like ure playing a different game evan the pace of the game is affected by it(the closer, the faster the game feels) i must say this is ruining it for me, i just cant adapt to diferent cameras like that on a game to game basis... and the default camera, wich is the only one that has the same angle in every stadium, despite beeing incredible beaultifull i just couldnt get used to it, its too low for me and i cant really "read" the game on it.

Really hope EA fixes this thing.

Finding the difficulty settings really frustrating. Playing a career mode full manual with 7-8 min halves... Professional is just too easy, comfortably win every game 3/4-0 rarely conceding a goal.
Up to World Class and the computer becomes near impossible to tackle unless you maneuver yourself in to a position to be running behind them or to the side and out muscle them off the ball. A normal tackle attempt and they read your mind and do annoying sharp turns to avoid you. So unless you are on your A game 100% of the time, you really struggle. Doesn't help that your own players have nowhere near the same reactions/brain as CPU, lots of times the ball goes by them with no attempt from them to get it, so frustrating when you are playing balls and the computer chooses a different player than the one you intended to pass to and even though its goes right by that player, they do not respond.

Tried legendary, and it seems to be slightly fairer (easier) than world class but haven't played enough to properly judge.

Sounds like such a negative post BUT I am actually loving the game... just struggling to find the right settings, maybe adjusting the sliders will help.

Finding the difficulty settings really frustrating. Playing a career mode full manual with 7-8 min halves... Professional is just too easy, comfortably win every game 3/4-0 rarely conceding a goal.
Up to World Class and the computer becomes near impossible to tackle unless you maneuver yourself in to a position to be running behind them or to the side and out muscle them off the ball. A normal tackle attempt and they read your mind and do annoying sharp turns to avoid you. So unless you are on your A game 100% of the time, you really struggle. Doesn't help that your own players have nowhere near the same reactions/brain as CPU, lots of times the ball goes by them with no attempt from them to get it, so frustrating when you are playing balls and the computer chooses a different player than the one you intended to pass to and even though its goes right by that player, they do not respond.

Tried legendary, and it seems to be slightly fairer (easier) than world class but haven't played enough to properly judge.

Sounds like such a negative post BUT I am actually loving the game... just struggling to find the right settings, maybe adjusting the sliders will help.

Sliders mate - play on WC and turn CPU pass error, shot error and first touch error up to start. If you're still having difficulty you could lower CPU sprint/acceleration a notch as well or try lowering their marking a bit. Adjust accordingly until you're happy with the balance. No shame in customizing the game to your own enjoyment - you paid for it!

Man, this issue is really getting into my nerves, id like to lock the same camera zoom/height for every stadium, just like im used to do in the past 15 years playing football games, to me its unacceptable that we cant have this option, specially speaking of next gen.

The game changes drastically when u play on diferent camera angles, for exemple im used to play on Tele Broadcast Zoom 5/height 15 on the 360 game, now i have to play in wichever crazy angle EA decides to set every stadium, try and see the diference between the angle on that fake stadium Weltdstaion and on Emirates, its almost like ure playing a different game evan the pace of the game is affected by it(the closer, the faster the game feels) i must say this is ruining it for me, i just cant adapt to diferent cameras like that on a game to game basis... and the default camera, wich is the only one that has the same angle in every stadium, despite beeing incredible beaultifull i just couldnt get used to it, its too low for me and i cant really "read" the game on it.

Really hope EA fixes this thing.

I know what you mean bro. It's pretty strange and a step backward.

I play on TELE myself which is what I've ALWAYS done in all football games for as long as I can remember with zoom set to 6 which is a few steps more zoomed out than default settings but I'm unable to do that for many stadiums now. I mean you do it but then see no difference.

I now stay away from all those stadiums which are automatically 'zoomed in' and we are unable to 'zoom' out if that makes sense.

Molton Road and La Canchita are two of the worst. But I'm not a fan of Stadiun Neder and many others either.

Amsterdam Arena looks gorgeous and I play with Ajax in my CM.

I know what you mean bro. It's pretty strange and a step backward.

I play on TELE myself which is what I've ALWAYS done in all football games for as long as I can remember with zoom set to 6 which is a few steps more zoomed out than default settings but I'm unable to do that for many stadiums now. I mean you do it but then see no difference.

I now stay away from all those stadiums which are automatically 'zoomed in' and we are unable to 'zoom' out if that makes sense.

Molton Road and La Canchita are two of the worst. But I'm not a fan of Stadiun Neder and many others either.

Amsterdam Arena looks gorgeous and I play with Ajax in my CM.

I like the Tele camera too for the most part of the game, my problem with it is that it doenst do that little angle/spin when u get into the box, making u be able to see the goals a little bit from the front... thus i never know exactly if my shot was in the middle of the goal or close to the posts since u dont have a "front view".

Anyway, the most important thing for me now is that EA fix this custom cameras settings, ive already posted in the official forums, although i dont have much hope ill be listened.

I've been playing Fifa after a year and boy, the PS4 version is a VERY GOOD game! It's still a bit floaty and I miss a bit the tactis depth and the dribbling from PES, and I totally miss FOULS!

But other than that, the game is gorgeous and plays quite well. If EA makes more stress on inertia and balance and add more tactical depth to the game, then PES will have nothing to fight back. Because honestly, after having played (and enjoyed) PES2014 for a month, this totally pisses on it in terms of value (modes, online, graphics, customizing, presentation, etc...).

PS: I will try Tele Broadcast today, I think I will like the camera changing it's angle as it happens in reality as well. The difference from the TV match of Nou Camp or El Madrigal is amazing and might do it more belivable in the game.

PS: I will try Tele Broadcast today, I think I will like the camera changing it's angle as it happens in reality as well. The difference from the TV match of Nou Camp or El Madrigal is amazing and might do it more belivable in the game.

I agree it adds a lot to the realism and im all prone to that feature to be in the game, but for me personally i just cant adapt to changing camera angles each match, becasue it also influences the pace of the game imo, thus i think EA should at least let us lock an angle like in the 360/ps3 version.

Playing one game at the Emirates(zoom10/height10) and than the next one at the Weltdstadion(zoom7/height18) gives me brain cramps lol

Last edited:
I think keepers are awesome in this, they pull off some astounding saves and perform realistically, but can also be beaten from a variety of angles and distances.

Scored some lovely goals with Spurs, the first is a volley after the defender could only flick the ball on

YouTube - FIFA 14

The second, Kyle Walker overlapped and stumbled before regaining his footing to score in the bottom corner

YouTube - FIFA 14

The game's still kicking my ass but sometimes I manage a goal or two ;)

Last edited:
Oh and for anyone doubting the new animations, this happens when turning at speed with a large, heavy player. Your momentum takes you so far from the ball you basically become 'detached from it' for lack of a better word.

YouTube - FIFA 14

Back
Top Bottom