[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

I haven't noticed a patch needed for PS4, was it XB1 only?

Today was the first time I'd played the game since midweek and it was a joy to play. I actually thought something must had been patched because the players felt really 'weighty', touches were really pronounced, particularly with big, cumbersome players, and noticed a brilliant animations of players sprinting in one direction, turning with the outside of the foot, and having to re-adjust their footing to stop their momentum and push off back in the opposite direction. I doubt anything's been patched, it's just being away from the game makes you notice stuff a lot more when you return to it

I then tried my lowly rated virtual pro and he handled like a cart horse. He couldn't even turn in basic directions and ended up taking heavy touches of the ball and, being tall, also couldn't change direction properly with the ball. He just presented the ball to the opposition so I ended up just using his size to shield and bring others into the play - exactly as you'd use a big guy with little technique.

I think the physics are superior to any football game, ever. And individuality is really high.

Last edited:
Nice to read this. Buzzing to get a PS4. Maybe i´ll offer myself a christmas present, Battlefield and fifa with it.

And yes, pes has a much better tactical representation of the sport, but all the rest is pale compared to Fifa NG. I have little doubts i´ll like what fifa NG has to offer, online and offline. It is what it is.
Battlefield i´m loving even on 360, so i´ll be blown away with 64 player matches and the so welcomed 60 frames per second. Cod, eat your shorts ...

Despite a full time job and long hours I have somehow managed to today complete a season on next gen career mode in a week. I can't put this down.

Played AC and NFS for about 45 mind combined last weekend. This fifa is too addictive, it's miles better than the current gen version.

Believe it when you try it yourself, I remember with CG Fifa14 people were coming out and saying the first patch made it some kind of super fast arcade game with removing the sense of inertia and footplanting from it which was nonsense.

Yeah, there's no gameplay change whatsoever. At least not on PS4, cause there's no patch on the PS4. Pretty sure the patch was just for fixing connectivity and tech issues with the X1.

Disagree. Fifa 14 NG is very similar to Fifa 14 CG. The same feeling. I only noticed much better graphics, superb atmosphere, 3D crowd, replays and better shooting.Physics and animations looks very, very similar to Fifa 14 CG. For me big surprised was collision system in Fifa 14 NG because in Pes 2014 on Havok engine it's looks much better and more realistic.

If that's all you notice then either you haven't played it enough, aren't particularly observant, or just trolling. I'm guessing the latter based on your sigs.

Yeah, there's no gameplay change whatsoever. At least not on PS4, cause there's no patch on the PS4. Pretty sure the patch was just for fixing connectivity and tech issues with the X1.

If that's all you notice then either you haven't played it enough, aren't particularly observant, or just trolling. I'm guessing the latter based on your sigs.

Trolling because i have different opinion? :COAT: No im not trolling it's my observation. This game looks nice but gameplay is similar to CG Fifa. It's feels like old Fifa but nice wrapped. If You want tell me that gameplay in Fifa NG is ice please don't waste time. Of course this game is good but..... Gameplay feels very, very similar to old Fifa's. The same feeling. It's my opinion.

Last edited:
How are they keeping the commentary updated so regularly? It's incredible.

Played a friendly against Fulham today and Martin Tyler started banging on about Fulham's manager Rene Meulensteen handling rumours about Berbatov wanting to leave.

The other day, Tyler was talking about whether Arsenal can keep up the pace after being surprise early league leaders, and also that Man Utd are sitting in mid-table. He even said how many goals Wayne Rooney's scored this season.

Amazing.

Well hello guys, certainly been a while since i was here last, loved fifa 14 when i got it on xbox 360 but even more so now on ps4! The look is amazing, the setups before matches, corners etc are cool. Very challenging i am finding and i dont use sliders or anything but im finding it very very realistic. One drawback is the new living crowd is great although placements aren't that clever, I played a match earlier and the same black woman was split 5 times in one section over 2 rows lol freaky haha :)

Trolling because i have different opinion? :COAT: No im not trolling it's my observation. This game looks nice but gameplay is similar to CG Fifa. It's feels like old Fifa but nice wrapped. If You want tell me that gameplay in Fifa NG is ice please don't waste time. Of course this game is good but..... Gameplay feels very, very similar to old Fifa's. The same feeling. It's my opinion.

Trolling might be harsh but you post criticisms of the game for being similar to current gen FIFA... what, were you expecting an entirely new game?

Of course the gameplay is similar to cg fifa. No offense but you'd be an idiot to buy a fifa game and not expect it to play like fifa.

Trolling might be harsh but you post criticisms of the game for being similar to current gen FIFA... what, were you expecting an entirely new game?

Of course the gameplay is similar to cg fifa. No offense but you'd be an idiot to buy a fifa game and not expect it to play like fifa.

Maybe I expected something more than new graphics in 1080P, 3D crowd and ice atmosphere? :PIRATE: I bought FIFA NG because I was interesting how new FIFA look and play. I wanted somethig fresh. Of course it's good game but too similar in gamepaly to FIFA CG. If you like FIFA last gen you will love FIFA next gen. Sorry but i don't agree with people who said that FIFA NG is totally new game with good individuality, awesome shooting, pace etc. Come on it's not true. Don't create FIFA NG superb game in gameplay department :TTTH: This game is solid, without stupid bugs like in Pes 2014 but gameplay and realism it's far away what football represents in real life. Sorry but my sig mean what i feel. In my opinion Havok in Pes is much better than Ignite in FIFA in particular in collision system, tackles, player balance, headers animations.:OOOH: It's suprised me a lot beacuse i compere two technically games but one on PS3 (Pes) and second o PS4 (Fifa). I can only imagine how Pes 2015 NG will play and look. Of course without stupid bugs like in Pes 2014.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, PES was good a decade ago, it is fucking dreadful now.

We are all here because of PES, and all playing NG FIFA now for a reason.

Maybe I expected something more than new graphics in 1080P, 3D crowd and ice atmosphere? :PIRATE: I bought FIFA NG because I was interesting how new FIFA look and play. I wanted somethig fresh. Of course it's good game but too similar in gamepaly to FIFA CG. If you like FIFA last gen you will love FIFA next gen. Sorry but i don't agree with people who said that FIFA NG is totally new game with good individuality, awesome shooting, pace etc. Come on it's not true. Don't create FIFA NG superb game in gameplay department :TTTH: This game is solid, without stupid bugs like in Pes 2014 but gameplay and realism it's far away what football represents in real life. Sorry but my sig mean what i feel. In my opinion Havok in Pes is much better than Ignite in FIFA in particular in collision system, tackles, player balance, headers animations.:OOOH: It's suprised me a lot beacuse i compere two technically games but one on PS3 (Pes) and second o PS4 (Fifa). I can only imagine how Pes 2015 NG will play and look. Of course without stupid bugs like in Pes 2014.

FIFA on the Ignite Engine is the same type of game that went before except that they've been able to expand and refine a LOT of their features. I'm not sure what you were expecting. The engine has radially altered the pace of the game, and removed a lot of last gen problems like skating and lack of inertia.

If you play the game like proper football then it's extremely realistic. Sprinting barely works at all now, body position is now vital (I took a shot last night when facing side-on to the goal and he both fell over and hit a drifty shot that swerved high and wide of the goal) and the AI movement of your team mates and COM is so much better than in previous games.

It might retain a familiarity with last gen FIFA but everything has been significantly proved upon. I'm frequently pausing the game to take a look at replays just to see contextual stuff going on that looked amazing, and that had a basis in the new engine's physics.

Given this is a first attempt on new hardware, with a new engine, while making the game on multiple platforms, I'd say it's a great first attempt. Ea are moving it in the direction everyone wanted - its getting extremely close to NBA2K in presentation, and I think this has surpassed PES in realism.

Last edited:
Ive become Southamption manager. Signed Callervi, Ince and Jelovic. Loaned Llori and Janazzi (whatever that bloke from man poo is called)

Sold some deadwood.

About mid table 4 games in. Come back from 0-1 down to West Ham to win 2-1.

I love the cross field pass. Feels superb.

I like the low, drilled dross field pass where you hold R1 and press long pass. Looks great.

Is there any way of editing player appearance in the game? Stuff like socks, untucked shirts etc? I can't find it anywhere.

Bloody Amazon haven't shipped me it yet :(

If it's the same as previous Fifa's that you have 3 autosaves and manual saves I'd suggested manually saving at least twice and rotating the saves, same goes for the preferences save and the squad file if you make changes.

I like the low, drilled dross field pass where you hold R1 and press long pass. Looks great.

Is there any way of editing player appearance in the game? Stuff like socks, untucked shirts etc? I can't find it anywhere.

Yes. Go to the edit screen and on one of the tabs (I think it's Create Player), you press right on the analogue stick to go to Edit Player.

Ive become Southamption manager. Signed Callervi, Ince and Jelovic. Loaned Llori and Janazzi (whatever that bloke from man poo is called)

Sold some deadwood.

About mid table 4 games in. Come back from 0-1 down to West Ham to win 2-1.

I love the cross field pass. Feels superb.

The cross field pass when you have it on manual is unbeliavable in this. You can spray some amazing passes around with it.

Back
Top Bottom