[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

I don't know why I have some issues. I played demo at the store and it was wonderful. Bought the game with the system and at home is nothing like at the store or in the videos. Must be my 720p plasma. The speed is off, especially player turns and ball speed. It is way too fast even on slow setting. Player running sims ok. Graphics is another thing. Good at close range but very close to GC from the distance on default camera. Another wired thing is I get slowdowns and stuttering when shooting near the goal post . When ball is going over or beside. Not all the time but ever 2nd or 3th attempt. Also when I was up 3 goals, not even once goals were shown after during some game delays. I am not taking about replays after you score. I meant goal replays latter in the game.I hope this is my tv issue. I have 1080p plasma in TV room but wife is watching her stuff so I got 720 p left for the moment. I will check on hd TV and report back. I hope this is TV issue.
Btw I am on ps4

Good luck, let us know how you get on. I'd definitely recommend going 1080p but I dunno how many of those problems are down to the TV. Hopefully switching TVs will help though.

I'm totally torn between which camera to settle on, Tele Broadcast or Default. I love using Tele a broadcast with 10 height and 15-20 zoom, I used these in the Allianz Arena and Benebeau and they looked lovely, just like the old school PES camera. But then when you score you don't really get to see those lovely crowds celebrating which does add a ton to the feeling of scoring a goal in this game.

I played both stadiums at 6pm in summer, I'd recommend playing at 6-8pm in summer games, the late evening sun looks amazing.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with the other positive comments. When I'm on form, I've been playing some champagne attacking football in CM, the likes of which is exponentially more awesome than anything else I've seen with a football game.

The variety is just wonderful. I love how you can just rely on the left stick to have some great dribbles, and how players will fight through physical challenges. This game really rewards staying off the sprint button and being patient in attack, and I've never had so much fun in the attacking third and trying to break down defenses.

Now if only I could keep clean sheets...

I have found turning the speed from normal to slow has reduced my inconsistency and my shooting and passing play has improved.

The game is fantastic.

I'm totally torn between which camera to settle on, Tele Broadcast or Default. I love using Tele a broadcast with 10 height and 15-20 zoom, I used these in the Allianz Arena and Benebeau and they looked lovely, just like the old school PES camera. But then when you score you don't really get to see those lovely crowds celebrating which does add a ton to the feeling of scoring a goal in this game.

I played both stadiums at 6pm in summer, I'd recommend playing at 6-8pm in summer games, the late evening sun looks amazing.

Im in the same dilemma but for different reasons, aways played with Tele Broadcast Height 15/Zoom 5... but now that we cant lock that angle i just cant bare with the different angles for each stadium, so im forced to learn how to play with the incredible beautifull default camera wich is the only camera that ull get the same angle in all the stadiums, problem in this camera is that the angle is too low and close up for my likes, game feels a lot quicker for me and i cant really "see" the gaps or spot good runs, wich aint good.

Does the game look anything like the clips posted by Darth here? Because genesee posted a few posts above that it doesn't. I don't want to be disappointed.

Game will be shit on your tube TV anyway! NG for you is Gamecube, Lami!

Playing through a career and this game is starting to get on my tits. I commit a million fouls a match, but the opposition never foul me (even when it's blatantly obvious). They're too busy making ridiculous last ditch tackles in the box while never conceding a penalty. A lot of issues from past FIFA games still persist. The CPU continues to make inch perfect clearances straight to their attacker's feet. 180 degree clearance? Not to worry, I'll put it on your chest so you do the rest... The amount of times I've hit the post during my career is laughable at best. Several times a match which is absolutely absurd. I've also had it up to here with the slight pause players seem to make when they're sprinting and the ball starts to get away from them or during loose balls. /end rant

EDIT: I just hit the post yet again! Hooray!

Last edited:
Playing through a career and this game is starting to get on my tits. I commit a million fouls a match, but the opposition never foul me (even when it's blatantly obvious). They're too busy making ridiculous last ditch tackles in the box while never conceding a penalty. A lot of issues from past FIFA games still persist. The CPU continues to make inch perfect clearances straight to their attacker's feet. 180 degree clearance? Not to worry, I'll put it on your chest so you do the rest... The amount of times I've hit the post during my career is laughable at best. Several times a match which is absolutely absurd. I've also had it up to here with the slight pause players seem to make when they're sprinting and the ball starts to get away from them or during loose balls. /end rant

manual shooting and slow or normal gameplay?

I had the same issue, 5 times in one match on manual so it was mey fault. Changed things to slow and gives me slightly more time to be accurate, things have improved.

manual shooting and slow or normal gameplay?

I had the same issue, 5 times in one match on manual so it was mey fault. Changed things to slow and gives me slightly more time to be accurate, things have improved.

Close, I play on slow with everything on manual except shooting which is on semi-assisted. I'm really good at hitting the post. :SMOKIN:

Im in the same dilemma but for different reasons, aways played with Tele Broadcast Height 15/Zoom 5... but now that we cant lock that angle i just cant bare with the different angles for each stadium, so im forced to learn how to play with the incredible beautifull default camera wich is the only camera that ull get the same angle in all the stadiums, problem in this camera is that the angle is too low and close up for my likes, game feels a lot quicker for me and i cant really "see" the gaps or spot good runs, wich aint good.

I couldn't get used to the low angle of the new default camera either. I use Tele Broadcast on its default setting, which is what I've always used, and the differences between stadiums doesn't bother me that much. I'd try to see if you can get used to Tele Broadcast on default if I were you.

Yeah I'm not sure how people play with the default new camera either. It LOOKS great but hard to actually play. It's way too low and I share your sentiments.

Keep it comming, I read all
The glowing reports here of cg FIFA. Get the game and it's same old FIFA.
Same routes to goal, clearances always to defending team, player individuality lacking etc

Some right caaaants playing online with the poxy chip through pass. If i could get hold of just one of them i'd put my thumbs in the back of their eyes.:RANT:

The game is fantastic IMO and the last Fifa I had liked was 09. After the disaster that Pes2014 was I decided to give this a try on PS4. Gotta say I wasn't expecting to like it so much. The only frustrating thing is trying to get rid of all my PES habits. I keep trying to use super cancel or press square for teammate press but other than that I'm having a blast. Have the controls changed much from fifa 09? I mean do you use lt when receiving a pass to control it better and to position yourself for a header?

The game is fantastic IMO and the last Fifa I had liked was 09. After the disaster that Pes2014 was I decided to give this a try on PS4. Gotta say I wasn't expecting to like it so much. The only frustrating thing is trying to get rid of all my PES habits. I keep trying to use super cancel or press square for teammate press but other than that I'm having a blast. Have the controls changed much from fifa 09? I mean do you use lt when receiving a pass to control it better and to position yourself for a header?

I'm still having a blast with the game though I haven't tried a career mode yet, the game is usually tougher in that, which doesn't bode well because I'm still losing most matches I play. Good thing is that every goal I concede never leaves me feeling cheated, just that I could have prevented each goal myself.

I dunno which team to go for on a career mode though. I might go for a top team with the authentic stadium etc, maybe Spurs or Dortmund, but I'm used to the PES ML where you build a club up from nothing. At least Spurs are in huge transition at the moment so I could replace a lot of the squad.

I couldn't get used to the low angle of the new default camera either. I use Tele Broadcast on its default setting, which is what I've always used, and the differences between stadiums doesn't bother me that much. I'd try to see if you can get used to Tele Broadcast on default if I were you.

The problem in my case is that i cant really get used to the default Tele Broadcast since the Goodison Park default camera differs too much from all the other stadiums, its a lot higher, keeping in mind i play at Goodison over half of my games thats what ill end up getting used to, than when i go to away matches at Emirates for exemple its like im playing a hole different game, kind of like playing at the default camera. :(

Really hope EA fixes this...

LT/L2 is the new protect the ball feature. Use it when receiving a pass under pressure but it's not necessary when not under pressure. In fact, using it when not under pressure can slow you down too much and cost you valuable momentum, so it's important to learn when it is and isn't beneficial to use.

Headers are a bit of a mystery to me, but I think using LT/L2 still might be helpful. Not really sure though.

Other than that, the other changes are the L1 plus lob pass for a powerful low lob pass; L2+R2 does some type of free dribble thing that's helpful in tight situations; and I think L1 still does some type of close dribble control too.

The main thing though is mastering the L2/LT protect the ball feature, and the rest is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:
ok 1080p clears the problems I mentioned before. However there are some choppy moments in cut scenes which take away of the whole experience. The game is much better than PES2014 but there is something missing in fifa 14 which I cant put my finger on it just yet. Probably because my last fifa was 98 road to the world cup. After that there was only ISS and PES. I wish that NG PES 15 will fix all issues and will blow us away together with fifa 15 so we all can benefit having 2 excellent games.
For now happy NG Fifa 14 gaming everybody.

what camera setting is this? Looks like default but closer to the action.
My biggest problem with fifa 14 is that I cant get comfortable with any cameras in the game. Looks like zoom and height is broken.

I think I found the answer on the last page. However I think that the action in the video is closer than what I am getting from default camera on my system. :DRUNK:

Last edited:
they need to fix player awareness in this game, can be very frustrating, there are times when the attackers are in my box and my defense is just sitting there staring at the player. hopefully the next patch sorts that out and also the majority of the time the cpu ai tries to dribble the ball into my net instead of taking a long range shot when theres a clear oppurtunity, am playing on top player by the way and another thing iv noticed players dont always make runs until you hit a certain trigger part of the pitch, and the individuality is ruined with these bloody sliders, for example shouldnt pass error, shot error, fullbacks making runs, goalkeeper ability, be part of the individual himself, iv also noticed that in this game its who has the fastest and strongest players, thats the only individualism i see in this game atm that stands out alot. Apart from all that its not a bad game to play for once.

I agree about player awareness. It can really let you down, especially on defense. Too much ball watching going on.

But I disagree about individuality. Skilled players in this game are great if you just let them do their thing; they can do some special stuff in tight spaces.

Started CM with the same team(Blackburn) I used on PC.I went through 2 seasons on PC ,so I know the players well to compare them to their nextgen version.

The difference is really high.Player individuality is more prominent on PS4.Players who were just a place holder ,now are effective and more useful.

For example,DJ Campbell who I didn't like on PC,scored a hat-trick on his debut to comeback from 2-0 defeat.Even players who's in low 60's overall are more useful.

Played the 3 friendlies ,won 2 & drew one.Getting used to the game made me create some awesome stuff.The way ST drops to midfield to link up play is really amazing.I like that is also rewards those who think like footballers.By the way I play manual,WC.

Could someone do a test for me?

Me and friends change the default controller settings each time we play (Custom A and Custom B).

Now whenever we chose both of these together to play each other, even in game it wont save. same goes for choosing Alternate + a custom, saves before the game but when in game it switches it to whatever it wants.

I just want to know if everyone has this problem but doesn't know (if you don't play multiplayer).

Its pissing me right off.

do you see the AI take many long shots? is there a setting i can go into for them to take more shots?

I'm on default settings and I've conceded a few long range goals. Not from miles out, but I'm talking 20-25 yards. In fact the variety of goals I've conceded is pretty impressive on the AI's part, Benteke scored a beauty against me by scooping the ball over the keeper as he dived at his feet, and Ramsey scored against me by pretty much selling my keeper a dummy before slotting past him.

I think that if you end up looking at the replays of AI goals against you because they look so cool, it's a sign of a pretty good game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom