[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

hey placebo, just checked your vids, u seem to have set the pace and the flow of the game really well, can you please tell me your setup thanks

Thanks it's pretty enjoyable right now, reached the point where I was finally comfortable with the PS4 controller so that Professional by the end of the season was too easy, but I switched to World Class for the last match of the season (against runaway league champions QPR) and they beat me comfortably 3-0 (including a terrible howler from my keeper in his last match for us).

I play on Slow, all manual, if you look at the Wigan first half match I show the slider settings at the start of the video :)

YouTube - FIFA 14 Career Mode Owls v Wigan full 1st half. #swfc #fifa14 #ps4

As I'm now changing to World Class I'll be tweaking my sliders a bit more along the way (and sharing more videos) so I'll keep you all updated with my settings as I become happy with them :)

Just had my first win Bolton V Wigan on world class full manual, finished 3-3 and then went to pens

I wished I could share but I don't have net yet at my new house as the game showed everything

Points that really shone
1. How free the ball is - there were so many random events and for me to pull it back to 2-2 involved 2 deflections from a shot and fell to Eagles who slotted in far post
2. Great collision detection = to go one nil down I timed a slide wrong in the area and just clipped the atackers' ankle = down he went in such a natural animation - looked awesome
3. Lee run down the right wing and cut inside in to the area - the ball was just nudged too far in front of his right foot as i pressed shoot so it sliced it miles wide = you have to get the correct position to hit the ball
4. Atmosphere - superb - the crowd really adds to the immersion

Thanks it's pretty enjoyable right now, reached the point where I was finally comfortable with the PS4 controller so that Professional by the end of the season was too easy, but I switched to World Class for the last match of the season (against runaway league champions QPR) and they beat me comfortably 3-0 (including a terrible howler from my keeper in his last match for us).

I play on Slow, all manual, if you look at the Wigan first half match I show the slider settings at the start of the video :)

YouTube - FIFA 14 Career Mode Owls v Wigan full 1st half. #swfc #fifa14 #ps4

As I'm now changing to World Class I'll be tweaking my sliders a bit more along the way (and sharing more videos) so I'll keep you all updated with my settings as I become happy with them :)

Thanks mate appreciate it

Just out of interest I put on the PS3 demo of FIFA 14 and ran it alongside my PS4 version by switching channels. I haven't used my PS3 since I got my PS4 and was shocked how low-res and blurry the graphics looked in comparison on PS3. People say there isn't much of a difference between the old and new consoles but after getting used to PS4, old-gen suddenly looks seriously dated. Next-gen FIFA 14 in particular looks miles better. Funny to think only a short while ago I though the graphics on old-gen consoles looked great.

Next-gen is a huge leap forwards.

naaah just the 720p of the PS3, after playing Fifa14 on PC, PS3 version looks an unfair joke for the customers

Can you draw a foul when challenging for a header? i.e Are aerial fouls present?

I have seen a few from a player undercutting another, or a player will fall afterwards and it will be counted as a foul. I compare this to a clean slide where you get stuck inside the offensive player or your follow through actually takes him down (well after the clean tackle).

Working on sliders for World Class so I don't get my ass handed to me, first attempt downgraded the AI a little too much:

1522948_10202844482092325_978282734_o.jpg

Nice to see I was out fouled though! The foul the AI got booked for was particularly nasty, video to follow ;)

Well either way I'm loving it! Have to tweak the colour settings on my projector as the lighting looks amazing on my monitor when I watch the matches back :)

your vids remind me alot of how the old pes used to be

I doesnt so much feel like it to play but the feel of no game is the same and the randomness is amazing.

Its such an amazing sandbox of a game though, you feel like anything is possible.

I am struggling on World Class, so would love to try out your tweaked sliders if you are able to post them.

why not just lower the AI acceleration and speed by one and then reduce the goalkeepers to about 25

The other way which i am experimenting is by playing on professional but lowering the AI shooting error and passing error and then lowering my speed and accel to 48-49 but keeping the AI at 50

Legendary is easier than world class..

interesting i may try that - i started off full manual on professional to to get into next gen and now im putting 3 and 4 past the AI

on WC i can hold my own on exhibition mode normally drawing but in career mode ive played 3 won 1 on pens and lost 2..Playing as Wigan.. I dont feel cheated though i have defended badly and missed chances

i will say that compared to PC that I dont get that feeling that there was nothing i could do regarding preventing goals. That may just be me but sometimes i felt that the AI was going to score no matter what normally at the end of a half.

Last edited:
The other way which i am experimenting is by playing on professional but lowering the AI shooting error and passing error and then lowering my speed and accel to 48-49 but keeping the AI at 50

Personally I'd always go the opposite way, you want to start with it too hard and reduce the AI to a more equivalent level, if you start on too easy and try to make them harder you won't get the same levels of attacking/defending impetus from the AI.

It's definitely possible with a few tweaks here and there to equalise World Class, in my first match against Wigan as posted above I'd made them too handicapped on world class, yet they still kept it somewhat even in terms of tackling/fouls/corners/pass accuracy but obviously I massively outshot them and out possess them which needed more fine tuning.

I tweaked for the next Norwich match and that was a bit closer, the full match is here:

YouTube - Owls v Norwich

Unfortunately I don't have a screen of the post match stats on hand but if I still have it on my PS4 I'll post it later, either way if you watch the match or just skim it the game played out relatively even, I conceded a penalty in the first half which fortunately I saved and managed to score the only goal in the 94th minute.

The next match away to Newcastle was obviously going to be a lot harder and it turned out that way of course, I forgot to record the first half but have the second hopefully, I managed to capture the highlights as the two goals I scored were (IMO) stunners so I was very happy with them:

YouTube - Fifa 14 EPL Newcastle v Owls higlights #swfc #ps4 #fifa14

vrxI6ll.jpg

Obviously I outshot Newcastle but I was shooting from long range a lot of the time simply because it looks amazing in the game! As you'll see from the highlights, my equaliser was a stunning drive from 35+ yards, one of the best goals I've ever scored in Fifa.

Legendary is easier than world class..

I was just about to ask if this was true. I did one of the game of the week matches, and decided to try it on Legendary, the CPU seemed to not be full of magicians. I was able to close down space, make tackles, beat defenders with skill, etc. When I play on World Class it doesn't feel like that at all. I'll have to try a new career on Legendary.

The next match away to Newcastle was obviously going to be a lot harder and it turned out that way of course, I forgot to record the first half but have the second hopefully, I managed to capture the highlights as the two goals I scored were (IMO) stunners so I was very happy with them:

YouTube - Fifa 14 EPL Newcastle v Owls higlights #swfc #ps4 #fifa14

vrxI6ll.jpg

Obviously I outshot Newcastle but I was shooting from long range a lot of the time simply because it looks amazing in the game! As you'll see from the highlights, my equaliser was a stunning drive from 35+ yards, one of the best goals I've ever scored in Fifa.

Turns out it was the first half I had recorded not the second, here it is:

YouTube - Fifa 14 EPL Newcastle v Owls 1st half #swfc #ps4 #fifa14

Good stuff Placebo. I gotta try manual soon hopefully but coming from PES it's been kinda overwhelming. Do you use through pass at all or since its manual just play the regular pass with X into space?

Yeah I use through pass a lot, because it powers up slower than regular x pass I tend to use it for short passes when the players are very close together, a quick tap of the button is perfect for a 1-2 yard pass whereas the x short pass can be too hard for close passing if you've raised the button power up slider / passing speed slider :)

Back
Top Bottom