[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

Its great how EA are seemingly keeping the player stats updated, in my previous career mode game Ross Barkley was a bit cumbersome to control, a bit slow turning and I was never confident in dribbling.

After starting a new career mode and downloading the latest squad update Lukaku seems to be far better but Ross Barkley was instantly different to control, much more quick footed and you feel far more confident with him.

I absolutely adore this game, best footy game in at least 5-6 years.

Blimey, this is a bit good isn't it?

Bought a PS4 yesterday after suddenly and accidentally catching the hype train so chose to get FIFA with it and I couldn't be more impressed.

The range of animations and player individuality is stunning!

Yeah it's great :)

Player individuality?!
I think my version is broken

Must be, the game glows with individuality.

Im going to try them sliders and also go up to Legendary. Ive got the hang of world class now.

Yeah it's great :)

Must be, the game glows with individuality.

What part of it?

Is it in player appearance?
Shooting ability?
Dribbling or ball technique?
Passing?
Creation of space or tendencies?
Player pace or burst of speed?
Cos its these things that get me loading up PES2014 after playing FIFA at this point.
If EA can get just that I will forget that quirky japanese game in its entirety.

Problem with what I want is that its the core of the game. How the Ai plays for and against you. The scripting is also pretty appalling to the point where I wanted to chuck my shiny DS4 through my plasma.

Online is none the better because every opponent goes for lobbed throughballs.

Last edited:
Hey does anyone know how to decrease the injury frequency and severity? Is it by increasing or decreasing the number on the sliders (in the options in career mode)

Can anyone figure this one for me? I'm playing CM, before i started i edit players appearance boots, etc. I started and all the changes were there. When i started CM again today all the boots were different and all my changes gone. Anyone have any ideas what's up with this?

WOW... the gameplay on the vidos that Placebo has been posting here does seem to be surprisingly great!!

Watcing those videos, I can easily see that there's some unpredictability on this Fifa 14 nextgen that I simply can't see in other Fifa's, wich is awesome and makes the next intERations promising.

From what I've watched, you (placebo) always like to attack on the wings, but it seems that in every attack attempt there are different outcomes.

I really liked the ball physics and how the AI supports the attacking plays. There are still some typical Fifa issues here and there (I know I can't judge a game by just watching a video, but I'm aware of some of the problems with the game enough to detect them), and to be honest, it doesn't look like a game from a new generation despite the graphics being way more sharper, but the gameplay really seems to be very enjoyable, at least on Placebo's settings. :)

I hope I get my PS4 around march, before the world cup. Those videos made me excited. I hoped the worst for this new Fifa 2014 on PS4, because it never looked like a genuine new generation game,specially if you compare it to the nba2k14, but the gameplay seem to be much more enjoyable than I thought it would.

I'll certainly buy the 2014 world cup game, the last one (2010 Fifa World Cup) was very fun from what I heard, and I can't wait to play with brazilian stadiums, I hope they get the atmosphere right.

Last edited:
Placebo mate, do you use any Custom Team Tactics on next gen?

Thanks,

Only for my own team, I haven't edited any AI teams.

Can anyone figure this one for me? I'm playing CM, before i started i edit players appearance boots, etc. I started and all the changes were there. When i started CM again today all the boots were different and all my changes gone. Anyone have any ideas what's up with this?

Did you start a new CM yesterday or load a saved one? There is an issue with the personal settings file being overwritten by UT which removes custom formations which may also affect edited players from within career mode (although in theory that should be saved to the career save file).

From what I've watched, you (placebo) always like to attack on the wings, but it seems that in every attack attempt there are different outcomes.

Well when I can see space in the middle I like to attack through there as the shooting physics are so stunning there's nothing better than hitting long range shots! But unfortunately there's seldom much space in there!

The game definitely plays things out differently and I'm noticing a lot that matches will play out differently in the 2nd half from the 1st, I had a match recently where the first half was very tight, the AI was mostly interested in closing me down, not allowing me much time on the ball, I managed to score just before half time and in the second half the AI played very differently, they stopped pressing me in my own half and were happy to sit back and let me have the ball but then would try to counter me with long balls to the forward.

Hey placebo Iv been using your slider settings and I am impressed how the game is played, it's close to the old pes we used to love, it's not 100% close but it's damn close, ea should put all there attention this year on making individuality a lot more significant.

I strongly agree when u increase the first touch control error to the setting placebo has at 70, u do see the individuality a lot more to the point where it's impressive, and the difference in agility between players is significant, all I can say is wow, for all those that haven't tried placebos slider setting I strongly recommend it :-)

The game definitely plays things out differently and I'm noticing a lot that matches will play out differently in the 2nd half from the 1st, I had a match recently where the first half was very tight, the AI was mostly interested in closing me down, not allowing me much time on the ball, I managed to score just before half time and in the second half the AI played very differently, they stopped pressing me in my own half and were happy to sit back and let me have the ball but then would try to counter me with long balls to the forward.

I noticed this variation in halves too last night.

Also, changing formations can have a massive affect on the game; from simply setting FBs to WBs to going from 4-3-3 to 4-2-2-2 - every tweak has an impact.

As Placebo also mentioned, wow, just wow, for the long-range shooting. I'm yet to score from distance but that doesn't stop me trying.

And I could watch the little flicks the players do to pass the ball to the throw-in taker all day. Lovely stuff.

Yeah sure is,never thought I'd ever say it but fifa has impressed me a lot for the first time in 13 yrs, took them NG to finally head in the right direction, cause CG fifa never impressed me one bit I struggled to play more than a couple of minutes to be honest.

Moved to legendary now, working fairly well with my sliders and all manual, had a great match against Everton away, scraped a 1-0 win with a wonder bicycle kick goal from Bendtner.

1540521_10202860229085990_1353909298_o.jpg

Will have the full match up shortly.

Finally got the full match up:

YouTube - Fifa 14 EPL Everton v Owls Full Match #swfc #ps4 #fifa14

Worth watching purely to see what an amazing job the AI does on Legendary at simulating Everton, really felt whilst playing against them I was seeing Martinez's Everton in action!

Also very proud of my goal and the passing and movement I used in its creation, must have been more than a dozen passes, I even passed backwards at times ;)

Hey placebo Iv been using your slider settings and I am impressed how the game is played, it's close to the old pes we used to love, it's not 100% close but it's damn close, ea should put all there attention this year on making individuality a lot more significant.

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Had the most bizarre bug just now, subbed on three players at once, they came on wearing their warm up bibs! And the three players I subbed off were sat on an invisible bench in the middle of the centre circle!

1536479_10202881430816020_1598690869_n.jpg

YouTube - Bizarre Fifa14 bug #swfc #ps4 #fifa14

Sadly after they re-showed my goal the game froze, perhaps not a huge surprise.

I had this the other day. It happened after I paused it during an offside replay and made my subs then. Also froze on me.

How different is CG to NG, graphics aside?

Must admit Placebo's videos do make it look very decent. Tempted to re-install and give it another go.

Back
Top Bottom