Newcastle United thread

:D Nice one stuart. Also we had a look see to see if rangers would let boumsong go. But the answer was no and also no for balde from celtic. I think because its so close to the deadline teams don't want to let there players go. So we might have left it a bit late on getting a replacement and if so i'm gonna be pretty :twisted: .

shearer hasnt got his coaching badges yet so he cant take over

if he has any say there will be a few high profile departures from club come january

I'm reallt surprised to see bobby robson gone already. I thought he would have maybe one or two more games. But i suppose he didn't seem in control of the players and the results weren't going our way. Plus now we have a two week break from matches to find a manager.

Some places have said we will get a short term manager (even gerard hollier for god sake) with shearer as assistant. Then next season shearer would become manager.

I really can't see shearer having much control over players he was just playing with the season before. It would be very strange. Plus would it be wise to put a player who has never managed before in such a well established club.

super mick mcarthy said:
cartman said:
shearer hasnt got his coaching badges yet so he cant take over

if he has any say there will be a few high profile departures from club come january

If he becomes player manager he doesnt need his badges :)

very true, would love to see him take over next summer as he could attract some real top class players to the club

Now we are gonna have to get some points without some new center backs and based on the season so far it like its gonna be hard to do.
We need to get around 6 or 7th untill the january transfer window to get some players brought in.

We might even struggle to make mid table with the results we have so far which is worrying me. Maybe the change of manager will help us. Hopefully we will get a manager with the same mindset as chelsea's boss. Who knows how to keep a lead in a game, even if it doesn't look pretty. At the moment we need points instead of giving a good game to the neutral supporters.

today read about glenn roeder taking over at newcastle....

BTW I'd have faith in bramble as a CB, I've always appreciated him... :oops:

Beetlebum said:

LMBO!!!

Glen Roeder....

And the barcodes are wondering why they couldnt attract the countries best youngster...

and yeah have faith in bramble :mrgreen:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Beetlebum said:

and yeah have faith in bramble :mrgreen:

Bramble in my op could be better than silvestre

Nickybaker said:
T Butcher fan said:
Terence Venables - will be announced tomorrow.

How good is this info?

Stone cold certainty. He's at the ground at the moment so it might even be announced today. Bookies have stopped taking bets if that's what you're thinking? ;)

T Butcher fan said:
Nickybaker said:
T Butcher fan said:
Terence Venables - will be announced tomorrow.

How good is this info?

Stone cold certainty. He's at the ground at the moment so it might even be announced today. Bookies have stopped taking bets if that's what you're thinking? ;)

Bet fair haven't, the price is dropping though. I just got a £5 on at 2.38

Stuart said:
dont worry my fellow geordies - we always get abuse of Man Utd fans sayin that we won't win the league. And i'm like yea.....but you have no chance either. 3rd will be the highest man utd can finish.

how many years is it since you maggies had a sniff of a trophy???????

Anyway, Venables as coach, talk about desperate cos surely his stints at boro and leeds havent enhanced his (already suspect) credentials, it seems his relationship with Shearer is the deciding factor.

Is it me or is Shearer ruining Newcastle??

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Stuart said:
dont worry my fellow geordies - we always get abuse of Man Utd fans sayin that we won't win the league. And i'm like yea.....but you have no chance either. 3rd will be the highest man utd can finish.

how many years is it since you maggies had a sniff of a trophy???????

Anyway, Venables as coach, talk about desperate cos surely his stints at boro and leeds havent enhanced his (already suspect) credentials, it seems his relationship with Shearer is the deciding factor.

Is it me or is Shearer ruining Newcastle??

Never heard a truer word spoken

The whole thing reeks of keeping Mary Poppins happy imo
Things went stale under Robson but sacking him and hiring Venables is a weird decision to say the least

super mick mcarthy said:

Things went stale under Robson but sacking him and hiring Venables is a weird decision to say the least

It doesnt make sense, this is gonna set newcastle back 10 years, not that im arsed like plus cant wait to see that greedy bastard finish his newcastle career with feck all!!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
super mick mcarthy said:

It doesnt make sense, this is gonna set newcastle back 10 years, not that im arsed like plus cant wait to see that greedy bastard finish his newcastle career with feck all!!

He will be remebered as one of the best but if he went to a big club he could have been remembered as THE best imo

Shame ;)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Anyway, Venables as coach, talk about desperate cos surely his stints at boro and leeds havent enhanced his (already suspect) credentials,

He was good for us, if it wasnt for him we would have been relegated that season. Credit to the man where its due he made us ahrd to beat which ultimately saved our arses.
However i wouldnt want him as a manager, saying he made us hard to beat - that was ALL he did. He didnt add anything going forwards or tactially really. He is overrated IMHO and would only be any good to save a sinking ship from the drop then leave.

And i agree totally about Shearer. People seem to act like he IS the club when he quite blatantly isnt.

I think Shearer would be a success. I think they are buggered this season (FA Cup a possibility) but I think he would be able to turn the club around.

Back
Top Bottom