Newcastle United thread

It sounds the most unlikely story since it was claimed that a London double-decker bus had been spotted on the moon, but Real Madrid apparently wants Sir Bobby Robson to take over as their manager, according to The Sun.

The paper reckons that Uncle Bobby, still revered in Spain following his stint in charge at Barcelona, has 'received a sensational SOS' from Madrid, reeling from a crisis-ridden start to the new season.

With President Florentino Perez apparently believing that Mariano Garcia Remon, the club's interim coach following Jose Camacho's resignation, doesn't have the necessary authority to restore order in the dressing room, Uncle Bobby has been identified 'as the man to steady Real until Perez can secure a long-term replacement.'

Yes, because he did such a good job keeping the Newcastle dressing-room in line.

Sven Goran Eriksson, Otmar Hitzfeld, Marcelo Bielsa and Vicente Del Bosque are said to top of Perez's wish-list. However, none of them currently are available, and so Perez has apparently decided that Uncle Bobby is the perfect man to fill in until the end of the season.

He was great in the uefa cup fixture as well. You can really see how good his technique is especially compared to ameobi who seems to let the ball bounce to much and he struggles to get it under control.

is it me or is pat kluivert scoring again come on son pls make it a habbit cos then the geordies will luv u till death.............................

We actually got the UEFA match in the US yesterday and even though they played a small team, Kluivert continues his impressive form. I saw some games of his at Barcelona and he seemed like he lost his will to play at a top level. This season he has seemed re-invigorated and also had some sweet passes and vision in the games I have seen.

Also, those yellow jerseys are fucking nasty-good! Are they available for purchase yet??

You can get them on the official website or at the official store i think. How ever since you live in america you may have to see if the official nufc website delivers to america. Not many places have it.

Laurent Robert admits he cannot understand why he has been consigned to the substitutes' bench by new Newcastle United manager Graeme Souness.

nufc_shearer said:
Laurent Robert admits he cannot understand why he has been consigned to the substitutes' bench by new Newcastle United manager Graeme Souness.
Maybe someone needs to tell him he should pass the ball to his team mates and also defend when the opposition have the ball?

Will Duff be good when hes sorted after his injury. And won't he just get injured again. I think hes a top quality player when he is fully fit.

It'll be a good buy if we can get him on the cheap.

Bellamy is again complaining about his position but really he should just be glad he is on the pitch. I mean i can't see him pushing out Kliuvert or shearer. He's just going to have to wait till shearer retires next season to get a regular place.

Also what is happening with bernards contract. I think hes a top class player and we should have the contract ready and waiting for him instead of it being delayed and making him unhappy.

Now it seems that bellamy and souness have had a scuffle in the dressing room. We don't have kluivert to play for the uefa as i think he's still injured so either we are gonna risk playing a pissed off bellamy or use ameobi.

I bet souness plays ameobi just to piss bellamy off even more.

Souness...I don't know how to describe him, he plays ambrose on the left side when vs Charlton,however darren's performance was very bad...why don't use robert at the starter?

Although,since Souness be the manager,then newcastle had not be lost,but i still very hate him very much

(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH)

Well maybe he wasn't happy with roberts previous performances and thats me included. So maybe next time he does get started he will relalise that he has to be part of the defensive work aswell and improve his performances to keep himself in the first team. We're still undefeated under souness which is excellent. And hopefully it will be a win tonight in the uefa cup.

yeah,it win 1:0,captain alan shearer score in the uefa cup...vs man.city tonight,they win chelsea last week...but this time newcastle back to st.james,then i think newcastle can easy win the match.

Yeah hopefully. It also looks like robert has taken in the more defensive role because of what souness said. He looked alot better when he was playing for us in the uefa cup. I wouldn't be surprised if he got started in the man city game.

Does anyone know how long kluivert is out for.

kluivert back in squad for todays game

souness says he needs 4 quality players

i think duff is unlikely

would like to see him go for andy reid and michael dawson from forest

also 1 more top class defender (gallas please) and maybe a more creative midfielder or right winger

all i want for xmas is some decent centre halves

just got back from game and some of our defending was abysmal

but a win is a win all i want is the odd clean sheet now and then

Well we do need some better defenders firstly. The midfield is still very good and doesn't need much improvement yet. In the january transfer window we need one or two top class defenders. Even though sir bobby is gone i still want us to get bouma.

We could maybe get a more creative player in the summer as at the moment the isn't a big need for one. Hopefully we will be keeping kluivert at newcastle aswell.

All I can say is thanks fellas!!!

city losing topped a special day, also seeing keegan matching wenger for the whinging awards brought back good memories.

well that bolton game was the worst game ive seen for ages,we were poor, as for bolton it was like watching wimbledon 15 years ago

i know!!

Bolton's tactics - whenever we get a throw in in their half throw it into the box and get lucky tap ins. - boooooooooorrrring!!!

Hopefully it won't cause us to drop many point in the oncoming games. As boro have moved 4 points ahead of us.

I mean i know that our main aims are to be in champs league position but at the least and probably the most important for me is to be ahead of boro come the end of the season. Maybe thats not for all newcastle supporters but i live near boro and almost all the people at my college support the boro.

Back
Top Bottom