Newcastle United thread

No way would we be selling jenas and i doubt the bellamy story is true either but you never know in football. I mean woodgate was gone in like a day.

On skysports website they have had chelsea saying they would never sell gallas to newcastle or any other club for that matter so they said it would be pointless for newcastle to even lodge a bid for him.

The reason i said it was a publicity stunt is that they knew that Everton wouldnt sell for £20mill, especially to Newcastle. Rooney wouldnt fancy a move up north and would probably only go to either the top 3 or abroad. If it was excepted then i doubt it would have ever been completed. Add to that the fat it would be plain dumb to have Shearer Kluivert Bellamy Ameobi and Rooney as strikers and no decent defenders. I reckon it was a distraction to make the fans think the club werent just pissing about selling Woodgate.

R Dubua said:
I doubt it was a publicity stunt as who else has lodged a bid. Man u have to many top class strikers (something you could say about us, but with shearer going and with us only having a one year contract with kliuvert) chealsea has plenty of money but too many strikers. I doubt liverpool have enough money. So theres not many clubs who could possibly get him at this time. I doubt he would go abroad yet as hes still pretty young. So i don't think it was a publicity stunt and maybe a higher bid will be put forward.

But i must admit i would prefer to see the money put on a top class defender such as bouma. Then maybe in the january window go for rooney if kluivert hasn't been performing as at the moment hes a bit rusty.
i agree with boro, manu are hurting, they just sold forlan, ole gunnar is injured, ruud is out for a while, saha and smith are the only forwards they have, i think sir alex would always want 4 strikers around, my bet is rooney to manu before 8/31

Stuart said:
super mick mcarthy said:
i hear rumours that Bellamy if off to Spurs and Jenas is off to Liverpool

why on earth would he join tottenham? if he did leave newcastle it would be to join a team in the Champions League.

There a buying club and not a selling club?
If you signed Rooney im pretty certain he would move, why would he just sit on the bench
:l

I aint being rude but why will Rooney go to Newcastle?

I cant see them qualifying for the CL this season!

Just a question?

:)

ManYoo have just bid £20 Million for Rooney according to Sky. That's a bit daft considering they already rejected the same bid from us. :roll:

Dead Man said:
I aint being rude but why will Rooney go to Newcastle?

I cant see them qualifying for the CL this season!

Just a question?

:)

Perhaps they are going to play him at centre back? ;)

Baggs said:
ManYoo have just bid £20 Million for Rooney according to Sky. That's a bit daft considering they already rejected the same bid from us. :roll:

Probably just to show Rooney we are interested!

:mrgreen:

It will be £25 million+!

Chelsea are gonna be sniffing around 2!

:(

the amount of chances we had newcastle should have had that won. If they hadn't of got the goal which shay given should have saved so quickly we could have keep the lead easily. Newcastle really need to start getting points for performances. It really should have been a win.

Last year the amount of times we gave up the lead and got a draw late on, really pissed me off. Usually near the last five minute mark. Hopefully we will get some wins under the belt.

Now Bellamy has said " i will consider my posision" talking about if rooney arrives.

I also think that ameobi has also said pretty much the same thing. We don't want players doing this but i think you could expect them to complain especially when we need a defender.

I hope they don't screw us fans over and spend money on rooney and leave no money for a defender. Have they not realised that there isn't much time left until the transfer window closes. They need to work primarily on a defender and second on rooney.

As some of you know - i am currently living in Norwich, and i have only just woke up as i got home from St James' Park at 5:30 in the morning :( But - even though we had a fair goal disallowed well played to Norwich. Who in my opinion should have won yesterday. And i hope that shows fat fred that we need at least one more defender.

I think Bobby Robson is losing the plot big time, why do newcastle want more forwards??? They should listen to the fans they need defenders big time & Sack dyer for being a cock!!! :D

super mick mcarthy said:
Ive just heard a very strong rumour that Bobby Robson is resigning as manager of Newcastle United
that sucks, i think they guy is great, after the game last night, he was told that bellamy was saying that he wasnt going to be happy with rooney comming, bobby went off and basiclaly said bellamy should shut up and play football...... i do think its strange the are not going after a defender

sometimes i think it would be so sad to see bobby leaving newcastle. but the results haven't been going our way both last season and this season. with the players we have got we should be doing alot better. so if he does end up leaving the club, not every geordie would be devastated.
But........who do you think would be an ideal repleacement? i would have to say Alan Curbishly or steve bruce stepping in as manager.

What on earth is going on up the road? You lot are rubbish at the moment!
And was Shearer on the bench? Bet he wasnt too chuffed about that he'll be getting Bobby fired for it.

How feckin bad is our defence?!? every time villa attacked, they looked like they could score! I have to say in my 20 years of living on this planet i have never seen a worse defence then the donkeys that played for us today. we were bloody miserable at the back. The only good thing that came out of this game was that it looks like Kluivert and Bellamy seem to play well together up front. Kluivert had a good game and so did Jenas and Butt. Bowyer lost the ball to much today and imo is surplus to requirments. I hope to god we can get a decent centre back before the transfer window closes or im afraid we will have a though time getting a mid table position let alone trying to get into the CL. one defender might even not be enough to stop us leaking the amounts of goals we're letting in. i mean come on! ffs 9 conceded in 4 games?!? thats 2.25 goals conceded per game! bloody horrible!

Ahh, rant over :(

Theres been alot of talk about us getting Balde of Celtic supposedly for 5 million. Well thats what we've offered anyway. I think he's a real solid defender of what i've seen of him.

Supposedly we went after cannavaro but he rejected pretty quick. Then juve stepped in after us to try and get him aswell. :D Somewhere is said we wanted an experianced defender. He is 30 like.

Overall i want a decent aged player who's solid and can clear the ball out of the box. Simple as that. Someone who's tried and tested. I mean it doesn't need to be a big name either or some multi million deal.

I say forget rooney as he's probs going to man u anyway. We need to concentrate on getting a good defender before the window closes and getting some wins under our belts aswell.

Back
Top Bottom