NBA Thread

826084549.gif

Poor defensive effort.

John wall=mvp

Ya, MVP of the Wizards. That's all! As for Simmons. The dude needs to chill out. The draft is loaded next year. I expect the majority of the top young guns (Parker, Randle, Smart, Exum, Wiggins. etc) to be in the Eastern Conference next year. Parker is the number 1 pick for me right now. His game is so smooth and much more refined. Wiggins who is a better athlete though. But so what. I'll take the player with better fundamentals and basketball IQ over the better athlete every time. I actually think 18 yr old Kobe was a better athlete.

Ya, MVP of the Wizards. That's all! As for Simmons. The dude needs to chill out. The draft is loaded next year. I expect the majority of the top young guns (Parker, Randle, Smart, Exum, Wiggins. etc) to be in the Eastern Conference next year. Parker is the number 1 pick for me right now. His game is so smooth and much more refined. Wiggins who is a better athlete though. But so what. I'll take the player with better fundamentals and basketball IQ over the better athlete every time. I actually think 18 yr old Kobe was a better athlete.

Dude he is second best pg in the league right now behind Paul and he is top 5 or 10 in almost every statistical category and he has the wiz clicking they might finish third in the least or east

Last edited:
and that makes him an MVP candidate? Makes me wonder how long you have you been watching the NBA. You should know the criteria by now if you have been watching for at least a decade. Enough about John Wall. Lets talk about the real MVP candidates.

PG: Has been amazing. Paul George's offense has developed really well this year. He understands how to find his offense within the flow of the teams offense, so when he can't create for himself off the dribble, he'll run you through his bigs until he can break away for a back door cut. Moreover, he's an absolute beast on the defensive end. Won't be truly dominant on offense until he develops some go to post moves. #3 MVP candidate.

KD: Durant's offensive skills are GOAT level and he can very well become the Greatest Scorer of All Time. Durant(barring injury) will become one of the greatest players ever. #1 MVP candidate.

LBJ: Worst assist/turnover ratio of his career. His on ball d has not been very good so far. Needs to pick it up. He has been coasting a lot in the first half of games before getting serious in the final few quarters #2 MVP candidate

CP3: One of highest basketball IQs I have ever seen in a point guard. Can literally get a shot anytime he wants for himself or a teammate because of his insane handles and quickness. Time for him to win a playoff series. The Clippers record won't be good enough for him to win the MVP #4 MVP candidate.

LMA: Aldridge has been really good for a few years. People are just starting to notice him because of how well the Blazers are doing. I can't see him winning this award. He will probably end up with a lot of 3,4 and 5th place votes if the Blazers keep on winning.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3692973/kobefail.gif

Father time waits for no man.

and that makes him an MVP candidate? Makes me wonder how long you have you been watching the NBA. You should know the criteria by now if you have been watching for at least a decade. Enough about John Wall. Lets talk about the real MVP candidates.

PG: Has been amazing. Paul George's offense has developed really well this year. He understands how to find his offense within the flow of the teams offense, so when he can't create for himself off the dribble, he'll run you through his bigs until he can break away for a back door cut. Moreover, he's an absolute beast on the defensive end. Won't be truly dominant on offense until he develops some go to post moves. #3 MVP candidate.

KD: Durant's offensive skills are GOAT level and he can very well become the Greatest Scorer of All Time. Durant(barring injury) will become one of the greatest players ever. #1 MVP candidate.

LBJ: Worst assist/turnover ratio of his career. His on ball d has not been very good so far. Needs to pick it up. He has been coasting a lot in the first half of games before getting serious in the final few quarters #2 MVP candidate

CP3: One of highest basketball IQs I have ever seen in a point guard. Can literally get a shot anytime he wants for himself or a teammate because of his insane handles and quickness. Time for him to win a playoff series. The Clippers record won't be good enough for him to win the MVP #4 MVP candidate.

LMA: Aldridge has been really good for a few years. People are just starting to notice him because of how well the Blazers are doing. I can't see him winning this award. He will probably end up with a lot of 3,4 and 5th place votes if the Blazers keep on winning.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3692973/kobefail.gif

Father time waits for no man.

Been watching longer then you, :). MVP was more metaphorical at this point. George is legit. All the other guys you mentioned teams will
Make playoffs without those players. The wiz won't without wall, that to
Me is an MVP.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10072331/derrick-rose-rob-gronkowski-rise-acl-tears

Kinda of off topic but a nice article.

Funny thing is coming from a football (soccer for grantland guys) background those knee injuries were always kinda of popular.

Although I have not seen one major guy having in a long time, there are periods where it feels like everybody is having them and people question the boots, the tackles etc. Funny seeing other sports having the same exact discussion.

I do believe there might be reasons, but sometimes people just have bad luck.

On the final part of the article there's a hopeful answer for the future. Let's see how that Kaya Turski knee goes now, its news I'll have to remember to search in the future.

Looked at the all star votes last night and then compared a lot of East guards with West guards in terms of efficiency and PER. The east guards are terrible this year when compared with the West. Afflalo is probably the best guard in the East in terms of efficiency. In no particular order, he's followed by Wall and Kyrie, which isn't saying much as both guys are barely shooting above 40% from the field. CP3, Lilliard, Jrue, Isaih, Westbrook, Bledsoe, Curry, Harden, Klay, Conley, Dragic, Monta, and KMart would all have a strong case of starting in the East. Derrick Rose being out and Deron Williams not being the player he was in 2008 through 2011 really hurts the East back-court.

The all-star this year will be boring. West will complete destroy the East if they take it seriously.

I mean look at the team standings. We always knew that the West was more competitive than the East, but just look at those winning percentages. Absolutely horrible for the East. The only good thing i can see from this is that the Raptors have a chance to be in the playoffs again and even win the Atlantic for a 2nd time (last time they won, the division was horrible again). Sad seeing how Boston, New York, Brooklyn, Philly were all great teams or teams with great players/potential.

Looked at the all star votes last night and then compared a lot of East guards with West guards in terms of efficiency and PER. The east guards are terrible this year when compared with the West. Afflalo is probably the best guard in the East in terms of efficiency. In no particular order, he's followed by Wall and Kyrie, which isn't saying much as both guys are barely shooting above 40% from the field. CP3, Lilliard, Jrue, Isaih, Westbrook, Bledsoe, Curry, Harden, Klay, Conley, Dragic, Monta, and KMart would all have a strong case of starting in the East. Derrick Rose being out and Deron Williams not being the player he was in 2008 through 2011 really hurts the East back-court.

Are you nuts? Wall is almost top 5/10in every stat offense and defense wise

The all-star this year will be boring. West will complete destroy the East if they take it seriously.

I mean look at the team standings. We always knew that the West was more competitive than the East, but just look at those winning percentages. Absolutely horrible for the East. The only good thing i can see from this is that the Raptors have a chance to be in the playoffs again and even win the Atlantic for a 2nd time (last time they won, the division was horrible again). Sad seeing how Boston, New York, Brooklyn, Philly were all great teams or teams with great players/potential.

Sup Julian. I expect playground ball in ASG for the 3 quarters and then the West Conf to step it up in fourth. How are your Raptors doing? Amir had a stretch where he was money for 20 and 10 every night on 70% shooting from the field!!! Heard they are trying to move Lowry. Looks like MKG is available. He's very young and worth investing in.

It has been weird as a basketball fan this season...especially for the Raptors or other Atlantic Division teams...it's like should we tank or should we play?

I'm happy Amir is finally playing well, and getting some recognition around the league as well. Hopefully he can keep it up. We need him to help shoulder the burden from Derozan. As for Lowry, it does seem like we are trying to move him, especially with Vasquez here, I'm personally fine with losing Lowry, I like the guy, but don't think he's worth that much and if we can get an upgrade in our bench production or a nice pick, I don't mind losing him at all.

I don't wanna lose Lowry but was okay with them moving Rudy Gay.

Rudy is such a talented and athletic player but also so damn frustrating to watch! His decision making is poor, he's not really a team player and he lacks awareness (knowing who's closing in behind him... etc.)

All in all, he's one of those guys who is good but could be even better but will probably never fulfill potential.

After losing legendary Jose Calderon, I was okay with getting young Lowry and giving him play time and now that he's improved, I wanna keep him and not trade him away.

But in the new General manager I trust and whatever he does is I think best for the team in the long run.

In a season where Spurs are frustrating me and the Cowboys are pissing me off, it's good to have my Suns back.

Just for the Dallas Cowboys' games alone, I feel for you! lol
That is a team I wouldn't wanna support. Everything has to be done the hard way and often dramatic collapses in final minutes.

Yep well done Suns! Phoenix are most surprising team for me in NBA. I didn't expect this.

Never expected the Suns to be doing well at all!! Guess this is the interesting thing about sports, nothing is ever predictable and it is all surprising!! Who would've thought Portland would be the best team in the west by Christmas?

Great article about the blazers HERE. The article makes note of the balance the blazers' starting five, and examines their success this season.
i
i
i
i
i

It's been pretty damn fun to watch the team this year. So unselfish, with a fluid offense. They are a bit soft inside, so I'd like to see the team add one more big man to the roster before the trade deadline, then I'll be confident on the prospects of a deep playoff run. Also, it'd be great to have lottery pick CJ McCollum come back and contribute as well.

Last edited:
Ditto about the suns. They have a good young backcourt pairing with Bledsoe and Dragic. Morris and Plumlee have been revelations this year. Plumlee has a really good first step.

Harrison Barnes has been awful this season, what worse is that I can't release him because no one better is available or fit.

I don't think Deng will be in Cleveland for long, Lakers are calling.

Not really sure about this trade. Feel like we could've waited for something better than this. Pretty upset to see Deng leave, still is one of my favourite players.

As a Packers fan, which team would you suggest I "adopt" as my NBA team?

Back
Top Bottom