NBA Thread

That would be good and give the event a much needed lift, Gerald Green should be in it this year.

Ya if anything I would swap him with Wall who has some creative dunks in his arsenal. Green disappointed me last time he was in it. I expected more. At least he didn't pull a James white. Talk about overrated.

ibdaLm9ICHKcgE.gif

That's awesome from San Antonio's point of view.

one sick gif that's. slim reaper ftw.

so, nba will announce the all star reserves tonight(us). these should be my picks.

west (assuming chris paul will replace kobe in the starting 5)

lillard - parker - harden - aldridge - howard - cousins - davis - (nowitzki as the 13th, just missing the cut)

east

wall - stephenson - derozan - bosh - hibbert - noah - jefferson - (drummond as the 13th, just missing the cut)

man, bosh would never be an all star (at least this one) if he were playing in the western conference.

edit: well, coaches, I understand your criteria in selections(esp. team success) and have no problem with nowitzki over cousins and noah over big al...
but joe johnson over stephenson this year?! oh, man, gimme a break...

Last edited:
I Love my Suns, kept me up until 2am but it was worth it.

Dragic had better replace Kobe.

That was crazy, dunk of the year for me. And that's from the guy that posted the Paul George gif. This was better.

Oh for the guys praising Wall and Dragic, what about my boy Steph? He's on fire from three again. But yea this league has so much talent in point guards, even Reggie Jackson is ballin'

I still think Paul George has the dunk of the year so far. Dunk contest should be good if the right guys are in it.

I'll always prefer dunks in traffic over those open court dunks, even when the open court is amazing.
Though these two dunks we are talking about are both deserving of the dunk of the year conversation, I agree there.
But I'm still amazed how Ross did that, just looking at the picture :CONFUSE:
BfZwAJgCUAAJc88.jpg:large

Anyway, apparently they invited John Wall to the dunk contest and he will decide today. He will have some nice dunks if he is in.

I think its a complete rip-off that Steph is playing so well and his team, with the best record in the NBA, isn't in the all-star game. No matter how well Joe Johnson is, his performances this year along with the Nets shouldn't be in there.

I love lowry and he's every reason why Raptors are so well this year as Derozan and co, but Raptors don't deserve to have 2 guys in the all-star game. Pacers should have 3 (especially if Heat has 3). I'm also not sure if Dirk should be in either...not that great of a season for him or Mavs.

I wish the dunk contest will go back to the good old glory days. Where it is all about the dunk and not flare. Derozan had his crown stolen as he did crazy dunks and crazy moves, but Blake Griffin pulls out a choir and a car and just dunks on that instead. Good old Wilkins, Jordan, Carter...those were dunk contests back then. Lebron is too scared to join as if he doesn't win, he can't accept it (Jordan lost before too...he went back and kept on competing), thus no big names are in it anymore.

I think its a complete rip-off that Steph is playing so well and his team, with the best record in the NBA, isn't in the all-star game. No matter how well Joe Johnson is, his performances this year along with the Nets shouldn't be in there.

I love lowry and he's every reason why Raptors are so well this year as Derozan and co, but Raptors don't deserve to have 2 guys in the all-star game. Pacers should have 3 (especially if Heat has 3). I'm also not sure if Dirk should be in either...not that great of a season for him or Mavs.

I wish the dunk contest will go back to the good old glory days. Where it is all about the dunk and not flare. Derozan had his crown stolen as he did crazy dunks and crazy moves, but Blake Griffin pulls out a choir and a car and just dunks on that instead. Good old Wilkins, Jordan, Carter...those were dunk contests back then. Lebron is too scared to join as if he doesn't win, he can't accept it (Jordan lost before too...he went back and kept on competing), thus no big names are in it anymore.

Crazy thing about joe Johnson is that the coaches put him in. Biggest shaft goes to Anthony Davis who is killing it this year on both ends of the floor. This guy will be the best player in the league in 3 or 4 years.

He's big, he's lengthy, athletic...just a complete monster!! The pelicans are lucky to have him, but I don't think the will succeed with only him. With the way the NBA is these days, they better surround him with talent or he's walking to some big market city...

Joe Johnson's inclusion really is a joke.

Good player but hasn't had the greatest first half and there are so many others deserving of his spot.

looks like it will be a good memorable all star weekend this year. and lillard is crazy! the first to join all three individual contests. what a player.

They should add one more contest. A one on one competition. First to 7 points with threes worth 2 points. Adam Silver should strongly consider this as it would surpass the dunk contest as the must see event of the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom