NBA Thread

That in a tournament form would be crazy awesome. You'd get guys like Kyrie and Jamal Crawford doing crazy ankle-breakers. Would love that.

That in a tournament form would be crazy awesome. You'd get guys like Kyrie and Jamal Crawford doing crazy ankle-breakers. Would love that.

Exactly. It would be Rucker Park basketball. Guys would be trying to clown each other with moves, esp. the guards that have really good handles.

Exactly. It would be Rucker Park basketball. Guys would be trying to clown each other with moves, esp. the guards that have really good handles.

A 30 team tournament with every team sending one player to represent would be crazy fun. Will never happen for obvious reasons, but I reckon it would be incredibly fun to watch and I think it would attract a lot of viewers. I would prefer watching that over the dunk contest and perhaps even the All-Star game.

I think the city of New York is a great basketball. One of the best, if not the best market. I think Carmelo needs another star beside him. I'm not sure who that ism though. That's the only way I see him getting to the finals.

I'm starting to get how hard the NBA actually is, once you get bad contracts is tough to get out of them. I'm also starting to believe that being successful is not related to winning the big title.
That's chasing something nearly impossible, cause there is always these dynasty teams and super friends teams.
Its really tough to decide what to do, do you tank for young guns? Do you play for a playoff run that ends up on the first round.

I think teams should offer players shorter and fairly paid contracts, like Paul Millsap's one. But reality is a guy get a good season and you are forced to long commit and overpay the guy.

I've read that the new tv deal should change the cap, and hopefully it will make the league more balanced like the NFL.

But yea, Knicks need one title run at least, its been too long.

F*ck this shit! I was writing a f*cking long post but then I screwed the whole thing clicking in some stupid button! In a nutshell I was saying that the Knicks could have built a dynasty in NYC but they didn't mostly due to a dumb owner called James Dolan. This f*cking fat midget owns both the Knicks and the New York Rangers. While this moron have owned the Knicks and Rangers, the Yankees, Giants and Devils have all won championships, the Mets have been to the World Series. It's been more than 15 years since a f*cking title! #AngryKnicksFanMode

I think the city of New York is a great basketball. One of the best, if not the best market. I think Carmelo needs another star beside him. I'm not sure who that ism though. That's the only way I see him getting to the finals.

The thing is they perhaps could have had Chris Paul if they hadn’t anmestied Billups just after picking up his year option. They could have had a decent albeit not great PG in Jeremy Lin hadn't Dolan let him go for free. Then the Knicks traded more assets to sign that fatass Raymond Felton guy! Damn, talking about the Knicks makes me sick and desperate!

I've read that the new tv deal should change the cap, and hopefully it will make the league more balanced like the NFL.

I'm all for unguaranteed contracts. Players gotta work their asses off.

#RantOff

I think that was the dumbest all star saturday night ever as far as I can remember, the only highlight of the night being chris bosh's two for two from half court. regarding the dunk contest, the between the leg dunks from lillard and george and john wall's last one was just "nice" and nothing spectacular, meh... hugely disappointed.

I think that was the dumbest all star saturday night ever as far as I can remember, the only highlight of the night being chris bosh's two for two from half court. regarding the dunk contest, the between the leg dunks from lillard and george and john wall's last one was just "nice" and nothing spectacular, meh... hugely disappointed.
Totally agree, especially disappointed with the performance of Ross and Barnes.

The only highlight this All Star Weekend for now is the Dion Waiters and Tim Hardaway Jr. battle in the Rising Stars Challenge.

Last edited:
I thought Wall's dunk was absolutely awesome. But that's it, the whole night was a complete mess. Not going to watch it anymore if it follows this road.

The problem was that each player had pretty much one dunk, in three chances.

I know McLemore had way better stuff in his repertoire (even though the over the chair was a nice one), Lillard used a great one in the weird freestyle round. And Barnes, oh Barnes, I also know you had a better dunk, the double clutch reverse, pretty much like John Wall's one, but one-handed. But Barnes have this problem even when playing it never look like he is 100% locked in.

Now the East, Ross was great, but the same he did last year over the kid, George and Wall were nice, but I would like to see at least 3 rounds for each player.

All saturday competitions were strange, players look like they don't even care, maybe is time to cut one day of the All Star Weekend and squeeze them in the schedule, that way hyped won't be build like it is.
But I doubt it will happen, NBA going full 2K Sports on their focus, pleasing casual fans over stupid hype.

The problem with Kyrie is that he's stuck on a bad team. He needs a good running mate, preferably a 'big'. I would like to Wall or Kyrie play with a 'big' like Anthony Davis or Demarcus Cousins. You can prob take Wall and Cousins out of the equation because of their contract extensions. About the Rondo rumours. No way is Rondo worth two 1st round picks + a player this year. The 2014 draft is deep. Ainge is in dreamland.

Last edited:
But with all the picks that Celtics have, there's no need for Boston to let Rondo go for cheap. They can still rebuild with a few small trades and this draft. After a year or two, they can be back in the playoff pictures. So I wouldn't go all out to get rid of Rondo for cheap. Hold for as much as possible, and maybe some desperate teams will fall for it.

clips @ okc: best game of the season yet?

lame ending, though. scott brooks sucks, so do his hipster glasses. thunder should bring zen master back.

Last edited:
But with all the picks that Celtics have, there's no need for Boston to let Rondo go for cheap. They can still rebuild with a few small trades and this draft. After a year or two, they can be back in the playoff pictures. So I wouldn't go all out to get rid of Rondo for cheap. Hold for as much as possible, and maybe some desperate teams will fall for it.

True. Execs in the league aren't biting on it though and for good reason. Best place for Rondo right now would be Houston IMO.

The Bobcats are heartless, buying out Gordon after the deadline.

Back
Top Bottom