NBA Thread

:YAWN: I know its early but the guy has a per of 1.9. 1..... friggin 9. His shooting is atrocious. The worst thing the Bulls could have done was look good all preseason. Their fans are already panicking. I don`t get fans like this, but hey that`s basketball for ya. Anthony Davis has unreal talent. This guy was shooting long mid range jumpers last night and knocking them down with hands in his face. I wanted K.Love with my 5th pick but he went 4th. Had to settle for Davis.

Michael Carter Williams has also looked good. The guy tore up Rose last night. He has a couple inches on him though. Might just be the ROY. Anthony Bennett is looking like a huge bust. No FG`s made through the first 3 games. The Cavs might be the worst team this year. Sucks for Cav fans considering all the talent on the squad.

I've been watching a lot of games these days, now I rate the Splash Bros as the best players in the league! Yea I'm overreacting that much.

The thing is that I watch all those teams, the players come off the screen wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open and they don't dare to take a jumpshot.

Talking specifically about the Bulls, that's what I think is been hurting Rose shooting. So many times Butler and most of their players come off the screen already looking for the next pass. Its a pain to watch when you are used to the Warriors flow.

Bulls don't seem to have good plays for their strengths, coach Thibs is one of my favorites, but that team needs better offense. Actually Rose is better suited with guys that shoot, they need to make a bold move, although I can't see many 'Splash Shooters' around :SMUG:

I've been re-watching entire matches for the past few days, but with free time being scarse now, I was wondering if anyone here knows a site with extended highlights. The NBA site is decent, but the highlights are a mere two minutes.

I've been re-watching entire matches for the past few days, but with free time being scarse now, I was wondering if anyone here knows a site with extended highlights. The NBA site is decent, but the highlights are a mere two minutes.

Send me a pm and I'll redirect you or anyone else to the right place. The highlights range from 9 - 13 minutes for each game. Useful because I usually only watch one game unless it's a double or triple header on the weekend.

Does anyone have a solid/good pass first PG they're willing to trade?

Bing Parsons is available.

I have Rondo on my roster. Tempted to trade him (currently injured) for some good asset. I could trade Lawson instead if someone's interested.

Iggy is making me reconsider offering him as bait.

:SMUG: Warriors ballin' love when Curry dribbles around and the whole defense is concerned, he reminds me of Tony Parker in that way. Making everybody get wide open shots, Iguodala will get looks like these often, let's hope he keeps making them.

I finally accepted the trade for Parsons, though if you want to offer Iguodala instead, I'm also interested.

@Review: I like Crawford, but I had him last year and right now I need someone like Parsons who provides 3pt and an acceptable average of rebounds and assists with good FG%.

Last edited:
Iggy is going to Review in exchange for Williams, I need assists.

I finally accepted the trade for Parsons, though if you want to offer Iguodala instead, I'm also interested.

@Review: I like Crawford, but I had him last year and right now I need someone like Parsons who provides 3pt and an acceptable average of rebounds and assists with good FG%.

Who did you give away for Parsons? I`m tired of D.Will and his inconsistency. I had him on my team last year. Top 5 PG when he puts his mind to it though. Anthony Davis is the only untouchable on my squad.

Very sneaky for there not to be a cancel option on the League Pass website.

I noticed that last year...

Its very annoying, I sent them an email over 24 hours ago but its all on US time so I'm still waiting for a reply. I posted on the NBA UK Facebook page, no response.

The service is awful, I won't be tempted again by a free trial or subscription until there's a complete makeover.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Suns, good foundation.

:LOL:

You can have the owner.

Deal!!! We have the worst owner in Sports history. Your guy is cheap as f*ck though.

The signing of Bargnani is the most unintelligible thing in NBA in years.

In all fairness, I like Andrea Bargnani. First of all, Bargnani was never supposed to be one of the main scoring options, he was supposed to help out with Carmelo and the pick & roll with Felton and Chandler being our staples. Somehow things got turned upside down with Melo. On top of that, Felton has been struggling so far to get his job done and now everyone is looking at Bargnani to solve our problems and put the damn orange thing in the basket.

Moreover, Mike Woodson has only one offensive concept in his mind: ISO. He is the one to blame in my point of view. I always said that he was mediocre at the best. Oh, and his rotations are really awful! Jesus Christ!

All in all Andrea isn't doing that bad. He's just a decent basketball player trying to help is mates. Things aren't working but at least this guy is showing his heart and pride.

As for the trade itself, well, I only blame the FO for giving away another draft pick. I could have used that pick along Felton, Shump and/or Tim Hardaway Jr to net a true orchestrator in Rajon Rondo for example.

I blame the stupid media, they've created this myth of the stretch-4. The most valuable position on a team. The guy that's gonna make you play like the Heat. The guy that doesn't even exist.

I understand the concept of everybody spotting up on for 3s working for the Heat, because they have a freak guy there, have the media heard of him? Le Bro or something?

This is what I really really hate with the analysts most of the times, they make these analysis based on a dream world, a world where every player knows exactly what to do, a world where sports would be absolutely boring.

Name me one big guy that can grab rebounds, can constantly make 3s, is athletic, play defense and what they dream about the most, someone is willing to move that player :LOL:

Ryan Anderson can't play D, Bargs can't rebound, the Brow can't shoot threes I could go on and on until...

...Ermmm you know what the player that fits this qualities the most is: surprise spoiler for entertainment
Carmelo himself.
Melo is the stretch-4 the media freak out about, he showed he is very good at the post, even post defense blah blah blah...
The Bargnani move just work if he is willing to be a backup guy for Melo, kinda of like Steve Novak, which team was he on again? Oh yea he was already there.
Knicks GMs just don't have a clue, sorry TSO :P

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was refering to, having Novak why replace him by Bargnani? In any case, Carmelo can score loads but he needs someone to share responsability, in current NBA you need a dominant PG, good perimeter deffense and forwards that can go in or pick & roll, but the knicks are lacking in each category to face the big teams or improve last season's record.

That's why, I have to say...Thank You Knicks for taking Bargs off our hands.

He can be a great player on paper, but that's it...cause in real life, his mind set is just really really poor for a 7 footer. Had hopes for him, and to be completely honest, am very shocked that anyone was willing to take him. With that said, Novak isn't doing much for the Raptors right now, but I think he just needs time to gel, get his rhythm into a new team chemistry, and his crazy shots will come soon!

That's exactly what I was refering to, having Novak why replace him by Bargnani? In any case, Carmelo can score loads but he needs someone to share responsability, in current NBA you need a dominant PG, good perimeter deffense and forwards that can go in or pick & roll, but the knicks are lacking in each category to face the big teams or improve last season's record.

Yes, could not agree more with the Knicks needs.

A stretch 4 is only good in a team with someone like Dwight.

The Melo & Tyson Chandler works like a charm.

This space the floor thing is overrated because you can do it with big men that can pass or is athletic enough to get the offensive rebounds. Its not just spot up threes.

Leaving a guy that is a beast on the offensive glass open in the corner because he is too far away from the basket is a bad idea, because he will always have the head start, he must be boxed out even on that corner.

Same goes with a passing big, if he gets the ball wide open, most teams will rotate to him, and with a little movement he will find the pass out of that position. Maybe only the Spurs and the Bulls will be smart enough to not rotate to him and give him that long shot. Like I said before is not a perfect world specially on defense, most teams makes mistakes there.

League Pass took money from my account despite me contacting them before the end of the trial.

The calm before the storm...

Back
Top Bottom