NBA Thread

So Josh Smith goes to Detroit...that should help them as they also got a nice veteran point guard in Jack. This should be an interesting season as half of the teams will be trying to fight for a title, while the other half are going to tank to get Wiggins...It's a light for those teams that can finally make it to the post season and hopefully do a few upsets

Oh man the Golden State Warriors :LOVE:

I even guessed Speights, now if only we get injury free should be a hell of a season/future. Our GMs are finally competent!

edit: Lets not forget the White Mamba!

Last edited:
images

Yup. Also, this is "THE" year to watch college basketball!

Andrew Wiggins - Kansas
Julius Randle - Kentucky
Jabari Parker -Duke
Marcus Smart - Oklahoma State
Andrew Harrison - Kentucky
Aaron Gordon - Arizona

great player but as dumb as fuck. o personality as well, a big pussy. not sure he'll win anything, lack of inner strenght imho.

Next season shaping up now, and I'm honestly starting to believe the Lakers can hit the lottery. (Not that I care, cause I'm Golden State) But Lakers will be a good challenge to rebuild in 2K14.
Mostly because the western conference is insanely good and almost every team improved, LA will have way tougher games than the other weak teams on the east. I was looking at the last season standings and thinking about it, the other day.

Oklahoma City - Didn't really improved, but KD
San Antonio - Maybe the most balanced roster around still
Denver - Ok this one got worse, but they still an atlethic team
Clippers - Improved a lot, even though I still dislike their front court
Memphis - People sleeping on them yet again, Koufos is a good center and their bench will probably up their game this season
Golden State - I'm biased :)) but you already know
L.A. Lakers - No defense
Houston - Was decent already and their young players will probably improve as well, not to mention Dwight
Utah - This one might fight with the Lakers, specially cause they have no bench
Dallas - Kinda of like the same as last season, but could have a better record this season
Portland - They have a bench now, young guns improving probably
Minnesota - Love back in good shape I hope, and lots of good guys to rotate
Sacramento - A bit of an unbalanced roster, but should have a samey if not better season
New Orleans - I can see Davis beasting, and got some players as well
Phoenix - A bit of a question mark, but could improve their record

So yes, depending on some problems, I could see Lakers getting where Sacramento was last season perhaps? 3rd from the bottom? Since they play more teams from their conference they could have a East-Team-like record and hit the lottery?
Should be a fun team to start an association with though.

Next season shaping up now, and I'm honestly starting to believe the Lakers can hit the lottery. (Not that I care, cause I'm Golden State) But Lakers will be a good challenge to rebuild in 2K14.
Mostly because the western conference is insanely good and almost every team improved, LA will have way tougher games than the other weak teams on the east. I was looking at the last season standings and thinking about it, the other day.

Oklahoma City - Didn't really improved, but KD
San Antonio - Maybe the most balanced roster around still
Denver - Ok this one got worse, but they still an atlethic team
Clippers - Improved a lot, even though I still dislike their front court
Memphis - People sleeping on them yet again, Koufos is a good center and their bench will probably up their game this season
Golden State - I'm biased :)) but you already know
L.A. Lakers - No defense
Houston - Was decent already and their young players will probably improve as well, not to mention Dwight
Utah - This one might fight with the Lakers, specially cause they have no bench
Dallas - Kinda of like the same as last season, but could have a better record this season
Portland - They have a bench now, young guns improving probably
Minnesota - Love back in good shape I hope, and lots of good guys to rotate
Sacramento - A bit of an unbalanced roster, but should have a samey if not better season
New Orleans - I can see Davis beasting, and got some players as well
Phoenix - A bit of a question mark, but could improve their record

So yes, depending on some problems, I could see Lakers getting where Sacramento was last season perhaps? 3rd from the bottom? Since they play more teams from their conference they could have a East-Team-like record and hit the lottery?
Should be a fun team to start an association with though.

Agree somewhat. I think Wiggins is gonna be a Celtic or Raptor for some reason. I think Stern an co. fix the draft lottery when they think it will be good for the league e.g. Lebron and Cleveland, Rose and Chicago

Agree somewhat. I think Wiggins is gonna be a Celtic or Raptor for some reason. I think Stern an co. fix the draft lottery when they think it will be good for the league e.g. Lebron and Cleveland, Rose and Chicago

I was not thinking Wiggins, more like a lottery guy to build around in the future.

And may I ask why the Celtics? What's their relation with Wiggins?

i think east is where the best teams are right now. Indiana made smart moves, let go unreliable players and took in top notch bench, ny probably has more depth/bench and can spread the floor more with bargs, bulls with rose back might actually be back at n1 spot, nets have an hof team. miami, no need to mention the 2 times champs...

westwise, i'd say golden state, clippers and spurs are my top 3 teams. i wouldn't be surprised if we saw a miami-spurs rematch though.

I was not thinking Wiggins, more like a lottery guy to build around in the future.

And may I ask why the Celtics? What's their relation with Wiggins?

Historical significance. It's always better for the league when the celtics are good. I would say the same about the lakers if they didn't have a decent squad. Can't wait for our fantasy b-ball draft/season. I'm making a change to the draft to make it more interesting. Auction Draft. The most difficult thing to determine is which players are going to get over-valued in the draft and sometimes owners (us) are going to bid too much money just to get big names.

Last edited:
Well played, it's always nice when people on Twitter get put in their place.

Back
Top Bottom