NBA Thread

Based on what exactly? Howard is signing with Houston, Dallas or GS.

No way he is coming to GS, I can only see him on LAL or Houston.

Speaking of GS I don't really understand our pick yesterday, I'm one of those that would not sign Jarrett Jack and get a cheap backup for Curry.

But this guy was projected to be a late 2nd round or even be drafted at all, I think we had some better choices.

Although his profile look good, he provides exactly what we need someone to go to the rim.

Still I'm not expecting much from us this next year, if everybody stay healthy we can make a similar run like 6-8 seed tops.

No way he is coming to GS, I can only see him on LAL or Houston.

Speaking of GS I don't really understand our pick yesterday, I'm one of those that would not sign Jarrett Jack and get a cheap backup for Curry.

But this guy was projected to be a late 2nd round or even be drafted at all, I think we had some better choices.

Although his profile look good, he provides exactly what we need someone to go to the rim.

Still I'm not expecting much from us this next year, if everybody stay healthy we can make a similar run like 6-8 seed tops.

Howard is exactly what GS needs if they are actually trying to win a title in the next 5 years. It's a perfect fit for Dwight, even more so than Hou because of shooters that are on GS.

I meant there is no way financially. Unless we deal a big salary.

In two years we can fight for Lebron, but there are tons of teams that will be with lots of space like us by that time. So maybe yes we should try to deal for Howard now even though it would be very hard, who would take Lee? Bogut? Jefferson? Assuming the back court is off limits.

I can see me enjoying that GS 2K14 association already :COOL: I honestly predict Curry, Thompson and Barnes being as solid pieces to build around in both real life and the game, the key in two years, or should I said one now? would be the front court.

Edit: I just googled some free-agents of 14-15, there is Boogie Cousins, Greg Monroe and Larry Sanders :)

Last edited:
Yes!!! Bargnani is finally gone!!! Though Camby won't come to play for us again, that's fine...we get a nice shooter in Novak and some pics for a guy that isn't willing to play at all.

With that said, for GS to get Howard, they have to do sign and trade with LA, and LA will hold them by the necks to get decent (if not great) players or prospects for the future...so there's no way that GS will be able to get him. PLUS, why have him? Yeah, he's a great center and all, but the chemistry that the GS team have now will be damaged and I just can't see how it'd be good in the long run.

I honestly think Andrea can help us, specially in what concerns to spacing. Too bad we gave up a 1st round pick (even though it's a low one due to the Nuggets swap.)

InstaDwight_original.gif

Andrew Bynum says he won't work out for any teams, this is despite missing the whole of last season and getting paid $17m. Idiot.

I'm going to miss Jared Dudley, happy to get Bledsoe but what does this mean for Dragic?

Last edited:
Suns are hoping that Bledsoe and Dragic can play together, maybe swap the 1 and 2 positions every so often (Dragic did some of that when Nash was around) so should be exciting to see.

Bynum and Howard are both idiots...haha, is it with physical size comes with the balance of lesser brain IQ or something?? While Bynum is a great player, i just don't see why teams would want to take him with his enormous wage demands and his injury prone body. I can see maybe some desperate team will do it and end up with a Greg Oden situation...

Speaking of Oden, I heard that Spurs and Heat are monitoring his situation and hope that he can come back to play...

Oh, and my money's on Howard to Rockets...but that would also mean Rockets will be shipping out Asik and Lin (the two big buys from last year) and I'm sad that Lin has to move again....poor fellow, never really got a chance in Houston cause the coach just doesn't trust him.

So, the Wolves have signed Kevin Martin which means that their backcourt is now Ricky-Martin. On top of that they already have Love and Pekovic -> Ricky Martin Love(s) Pekovic. Now trade for Toronto's SF and you have Ricky Martin Gay Love.
If that doesn’t sell shirts, I don’t know what would.

oh yeah we got Kevin Martin and added another big 3pt threat. I really love Flip and Adelman. if the guys can stay healthy, we'll be the most entertaining team to watch again. I'd have preferred to keep Kirilenko though. hope that we'll not let Pekovic too go.

Rubio-Martin-X-Love-Pekovic :...

dunno how we'll find another great defender to replace AK47...

p.s. X should defo not be Gay! :LOL:

Last edited:
Thiago Splitter got $36m.

Martel Webster got $22m.

Tyreke Evans has been offered $44m.

Literally throwing away money.

The Warriors are dumping contracts alongside picks in order to create space to sign Dwight Howard. It's hard to believe the Warriors would give away future picks to dump contracts if they weren't sure they'd sign him.

guys, is there any possibilty of t-wolves getting josh smith? salary cap, max contract etc etc I am not into this stuff very much.

think he is probably the only player among free agents who can make up for the absence of ak47 especially in terms of defence.

I don't think so, they'd have to trim their roster I think.

Golden State have reached agreement with Iggy, good signing.

Yes! Now that's a great fit for us, we got the player we needed. :APPLAUD:

Apparently Jack is out, now we need a PF/C and forget Howard!

Only bad thing is that we lost our 2014 first draft pick though, but by that time we are going to be one of those team that build trough free agency, which is not that scary cause we got good young guys already.

edit: Please make no Howard super team trading for Bogut/Barnes or Thompson, keep Barnes at backup SF/PF having big minutes from the bench and get someone cheap like Marreese Speights or whatever big guy I can't think off right now.

Last edited:
I'm gonna hate this move unless Ömer Aşık goes to a team which is as promising as Rockets.

p.s. Warriors :...

Bogut is still young though

Last edited:
Houston is a top three team in the West. I think Josh Smith signs somewhere this weekend. Not sure where though. Why did Paul Millsap sign for only 2 years? Doesn't make sense. Get your guaranteed money for 4 years. I also think we will see a lot more trades now as all the big names have been signed.

Howard and Ömer are pretty much the same type of players. Both can't shoot the ball to save their lifes either. Also as rumored, I don't see him willing to backup Howard.

Durant will be a free agent after 2015/2016. I can see him leaving if OKC don't get it done. Jay Z will defn try and get him to Brooklyn.

See you later Josh Smith, we hardly knew thee.

Back
Top Bottom