NBA Thread

knicks celtics is looking like a euroleague game....celtics have garnett 3/3 and the rest of the team 1/15....

anywway so far knicks have a double digit in the first quarter.

EDIT
4th quarter is looking very ugly for the celtics. prigioni felton and shumpert had a brilliant game.

EDIT2:
celtics were down 26, they just had a 19-0 run in 3 minutes. amusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm picking Memphis to beat OKC in five or six and the Spurs and Golden State to go the full seven games.

i think po so far have confirmed that to win a title you gotta play real bball and real d. Clippers and Nuggets with their lobs, alleyops, dunks and fancy plays went nowhere. i take marc gasol over griffin any day. Same for celtics without a real pg, they simply couldn't find any way to get to the basket with some flow. new york eventually showed that everybody can pitch in if melo fails to score like last night.

I think memphis spurs should be the final in the west. The spurs have too much bball iq for golden state. Chicago had bad luck all season long but they would give miami a more difficult series than the nets.

i am glad for the bulls. most passionate roster in the nba.

395666_412474322193350_27169645_n.jpg

Paul George reminds me of a young T-Mac. I don't know if he will ever hit T-macs peak though. T-Macs peak was as good as Kobe's.

Bill Simmons just called Lebron the best player in 20 years. GTFOOH!

Last edited:
knicks were pretty poor last nite. the team is too heavily based on j and melo iso. without stoudmire i don't think they can possibly make it to the final, too much horse power in the paint for indiana. chandler was lost and frustated last nite.

i quite frankly don't think gsw can upset the spurs but they could develop into a spurs like franchise. spurs are solid, experienced and focused.

good first half, chicago holding but miami missed tons of wide open 3 and chicago has 0 bench. nate out for a blood injury.

brilliant 4th from the bulls!!!!! 1-0 up, great old school game! nate is a genius!

brilliant 4th from the bulls!!!!! 1-0 up, great old school game! nate is a genius!

he's playing awesome in playoffs, like a superstar so far but a genius? c'mon man, if nate is a genius then what's manu? :P

mmm, I was close enough. it's all down to pop. this match-up is no easy for the old farts.

curry blew it. last possesion of the game (before ots) he was double teamed, had 2 teammate wide open on his right and he took a silly shot.

Heartbreaking defeat in game 1 again, if it means we will learn from the mistakes and win next 3 again I'm happy.

Curry 3rd quarters are just sick, he gets in that zone where he can hit from anywhere.

I think we are getting the best experiences we could possibly get this season. If the team management doesn't mess up we will be contenders in two years.

curry blew it. last possesion of the game (before ots) he was double teamed, had 2 teammate wide open on his right and he took a silly shot.

That was Draymond Green and Kent Bazemore, they are average 3PT shooter at best.

A guy that constantly kill us down the strech and not many people notice is Jarrett Jack, his defense is awful, he has no idea what to do on D. But since he makes shots in the clutch Mark Jackson insists on him.

I also don't understand the changes the team have on the last minutes, instead of running the usual offense they rather go to isos on Curry or Jack.

That's when we miss David Lee, he might not defend well, but he sees the floor like no one else in this team.

Update

Just read this article on Grantland 'To Lee or Not to Lee: Are the Warriors Better Without Their All-Star?'

Do you guys agree with what's being questioned here?

I don't.

First, OK I get it that the Warriors are now that ugly 6th seed underdog everyone is talking about, but common, at least watch some of this seasons games before writing. I feel like some part of the media just started watching us from that 5th game vs the Nuggets.

While DLee post defense and shot contesting is shite, I agree there, this make a mess on rotations? I don't really see it that way. He actually improved a lot on his awareness, the reason he is shite on contesting is the lack of athleticism not bad positioning, he does not make those mistakes that often like before.

But the main reason this article makes me mad, is that Carl Landry or Harrison Barnes are suddenly good defenders? Are they that much of a improvement over Lee? That's nuts, Carl is often sleepy on defense and Barnes still have a loooong way to go, he still get owned down low.

Draymond Green or Ezeli are better defenders, I agree there, but these are role players for fucks sake, they were getting minutes before and playing on those crucial defending moments already.

Lee and Bogut is our poor-ish version of Z-Bo and Gasol, one to score one to defend, both working well together and passing the ball, that simple.

Sorry for the rant, but I find this talk disrespectful to an all-star player, that putting every aspect of the game on a balance I still have him over Landry-Barnes-Ezeli-Green.

The lack of Lee is only overloading my boy Steph responsibilities, so far he is handling it, but that's why these bandwagoners are enjoying Lee's absence so much, they need an underdog and they need a hero in Steph.

Warriors better without Lee pffft silly.

Last edited:
Definitely better with David Lee.

i agree, lee is very much needed, more depth and off options.

I knew knicks and memphis would tie the series, i expect miami to do the same with some margin tonite, not sure about the spurs, duncan was sick in game 1, with a healthy duncan things should go spurs way even if i am supporting gsw. Curry should involve more his team mates, i think he might suffer from the koby bryant ego syndrome.

anyways good semifinals so far.

Looks like the heat's rust didn't last long, wow.

Also hopefully that gibson gets a suspension, terrible behavior.

"The last time the Golden State Warriors won a game in San Antonio, Tim Duncan was a senior at Wake Forest, Stephen Curry was 8-years-old, while his father, Dell, was averaging 14.8 points per game for the Charlotte Hornets."

i knew the heat would strike back in full force. chicago looked tired from the beginning. they need deng and heinrich badly. When miami put that kind of pressure you need a sound and rational pg who can give the team some confidence and slow down the rythm and make the proper class (which in this case is play with the forards), robinson is the exact opposite and the team clearly suffered from that.

BTW: the refs were terribly one sided in the first half (for miami of course).

glad for the warriors. still the one and only team that can possibily make life tougher for the heat is memphis. so memphis heat is my prediction, unless rose comes back from the limbo where he has been for a year...

Memphis need to win this championship, for the sake of old school basketball.
Every day comes up an article or somebody recommending going small, spread the floor, get faster and shoot more from 3PT.
Its more entertaining indeed, but I don't see it becoming the game like some do, this generation just don't have those dominant post guys.
Also if the teams want to go small, stop giving ridiculous money for big men who just defend, at least this way they will try to improve they scoring right Dwight Howard?

Back
Top Bottom