NBA Thread

Raymond Felton doing his best Nate Robinson impression.

iszjfSQDWWRd4.gif

:)

embarassing series for the lakers.

celtics pride took 1 game but i had the feeling the knicks couldn't care less, especially in the ot they had that "we won the series anyway" attitude.

memphis clip and denv golden state are the ones to watch.

Well, by the end they were without their 2 backcourts (Nash/Kobe and Blake/Meeks), and without Metta.

They really only had Pau and Howard out there. The Spurs are a great team 1 to 12 and have a great coach.

very true.

Still waiting for ESPN to show a game from that series live so that I can record it.

Steph Curry was magic in the third quarter, pretty much every ball he shot went in. Hopefully the Bulls can get the win at the Barclays Center tonight, and advance! Heat will be impossible to beat though. :(

who cares?

I just don't get the point of this pro-gay propaganda that has suddenly risen in recent years. who cares if someone's gay or is straight? jason collins comes out as gay and in the nick of time, he's on the headlines every friggin' where on internet, papers, magazines. yeah, what a big deal...

Last edited:
Jason Collins comes out if closet...

smart fellow he is. towards the end of his medriocre career...he will be remembered as the first to come out of the closet... and he's gonna get his fair share of media attention, ads, offers, tv shows and the big money that comes with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
who cares?

I just don't get the point of this pro-gay propaganda that has suddenly risen in recent years. who cares if someone's gay or is straight? jason collins comes out as gay and in the nick of time, he's on the headlines every friggin' where on internet, papers, magazines. yeah, what a big deal...

propoganda? that is quite a ridiculous statement mate.. Who cares if someone is gay or straight? The people who say it is a choice, the people who say god hates fags, the people who bully and make fun of gay kids when they are growing up. Those are the people who care, and the more that our society can accept and normalize the fact that someone is gay, the less and less those types of horrible things will happen to people just because of there sexuality. Its not just that he is gay, is that he is coming out while playing.

Indeed, seems a lot more like a business decision than a "life" decision...

sorry mate but this is a stupid statement

a)he is a twelve year vet in the nba, the guy has made millions
b)he went to one of the top universities in the united states and has connections with rich and powerful people so he probably has a job for life after the nba
c)because of b he aint no dummy and probably has saved most of a

smart fellow he is. towards the end of his medriocre career...he will be remembered as the first to come out of the closet... and he's gonna get his fair share of media attention, ads, offers, tv shows and the big money that comes with it.

you last 12 years in the league, your not mediocre, you play a role.... and yes he is smart, apparently a lot brighter the you lot today :)

I agree, I think some people are taking this the wrong way, which just show how delicate the situation still is.

I've heard a lot of guys saying Collins has great character is a great person and all, so I doubt he is doing this for the spot light.

There is a reason people stand out for whoever rights, because our world still base opinions on examples.

I take that he did this for the example, like 'Hey look, the dude is gay and had a solid career in an American sport, and you don't see his co-workers talking shit about him, actually the opposite, showing that it does not matter'.

Golden State better not let this series go to seven otherwise they'll regret going through the motions in game five.

I expect Memphis to close out their series in game six.

Who cares about jay Collins. The guy is a scrub ball player. This will all go away by the start of next season. However, if it were a star player who came out it would be a big deal for a long time. Back to basketball. Clip joint is in a funk it seems. Didn't get to see the game but know they are in a lot of trouble heading back to Memphis. I think Memphis and golden state will close out and brook will force a game 7.

Rockets are coming back! :BOP:

wish they had won the second or the third game of the series. but then again, they wouldn't have the chance of being the first ever in history to comeback from 3-0 deficit, now. make it happen, Rockets!

asiktrain.gif

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm struggling to see a 7th game round.

East
Miami Heat (1) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (8)
New York Knicks (2) vs. Boston Celtics (7)
Indiana Pacers (3) vs. Chicago Bulls (6)
Brooklyn Nets (4) vs. Atlanta Hawks (5)

West
Oklahoma City Thunder (1) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (8)
San Antonio Spurs (2) vs. Golden State Warriors (7)
Denver Nuggets (3) vs. Houston Rockets (6)
Los Angeles Clippers (4) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (5)

TSO predicts
Heat in 4
Knicks in 5
Pacers in 6
Nets in 5

OKC in 5
Spurs in 5
Nuggets in 6
Clipps in 6 (it might go to a 7 though)

As i thought, many games would go to game 6 or 7. Great first round, 6 match ups to game 6, hopefully we'll see a few game 7 games. Rockets can make history. Celtics knicks is the weirdest series i remember, both teams frozen on off for long periods, there is no real edge.

I think memphis and chicago in 6, all the rest are potentially game 7 games. Memphis spurs should be the w conf final.

On the east every match-up but Miami is looking promising, which is very exciting for us fans of the game.

I would not be disappointed if Denver and the Clippers disappoint.

Lets bring my predicts back as well :)

So far so good, I'm really hoping Denver give me that final disappointment me today, if we lose though, I'm with tobi, we are doomed.

Still a good playoff run for Golden State, even if we lose we got some good experiences for a promising team, our chemistry is top notch, everybody is wanting to resign and I think we are a team people actually consider now, which is a major step :COOL:

I've had a busy week and missed the games on tues and weds. Hopefully we get some game 7's so I can catch a game on the weekend

Amazing game last night, Golden State made so many mistakes in the fourth quarter, credit to Denver for not giving up too.

too bad for the nuggets, gallinari was probably their key po player.

well both teams have a bright future ahead.

Back
Top Bottom