NBA Thread

I agree with most of your choices.

MVP - Lelbron
Dpoy - Noah
ROY - Lillard
COY - Mark Jackson
MIP - Sanders
6Man - JR Smith (my biased heart says JJack)

All NBA 1st team same as yours

I think Miami should beat Spurs in 6 games

Last edited:
Congrats to Operation Sports for winning NBA fantasy. Can we all agree on adding one or two IR spots to our league next year? Means you can slap Bynum or Rose on IR and pick someone up.

I'm sorry but what does IR stand for? Does it mean you can release a player and still holding his rights?

As for the predicts:
MVP - LeBron James
DPOY - Larry Sanders
ROY - Damian Lillard
COY - Greg Popvich
MIP - Paul George
6th Man - Earl Joseph Smith III :WORSHIP:

All NBA 1st team:
Tim Duncan
LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony
Tony Parker
Chris Paul

I'm sorry but what does IR stand for? Does it mean you can release a player and still holding his rights?

As for the predicts:
MVP - LeBron James
DPOY - Larry Sanders
ROY - Damian Lillard
COY - Greg Popvich
MIP - Paul George
6th Man - Earl Joseph Smith III :WORSHIP:

All NBA 1st team:
Tim Duncan
LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony
Tony Parker
Chris Paul

Injured reserve. You don't release anyone. You just drop him in your IR slot and pick someone else up. I forgot 6 man. Probably Jamal Crawford.

Fun fantasy season...can't wait for the next one.

Awards will be tough to pick this year...hm..
MVP - LeBron James
DPOY - Noah
ROY - Damian Lillard
COY - Karl or Spoelstra (Most likely spoelstra because of the run. Pop rarely gets it)
MIP - Josh Smith
6th Man - Jamal Crawford (since Smith got MIP)

All NBA 1st team:
Tim Duncan (Or Durant...as its 3F 2G now i think)
LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony
Tony Parker
Chris Paul

As for Playoff Finals...I want Spurs to get another crack at it, and if they do, they may beat the Heat in 6 (if game 7, then Heat will win), but Logic tells me that it will be OKC vs Heat again, and Heat will do it in 6

I'm the only one who accomplished all the goals in the fantasy league, boys. I said I sucked and I sucked. I said I would fight for the last place and I did so until the last minute. Very well deserved last place, I really fought hard for it.

I'm the only one who accomplished all the goals in the fantasy league, boys. I said I sucked and I sucked. I said I would fight for the last place and I did so until the last minute. Very well deserved last place, I really fought hard for it.

Hahaha

Smith has always been their 6th man to lead bench production. I don't think he started a game this year...but we have a few knick fans who can possibly tell us with certainty

As goku said, Earl Joseph Smith has been our spark of the bench the whole. Even when the Knicks had Melo, Chandler and Amar'e all injured at the same time Mike Woodson has always preferred JR to come of the bench.

wall fell 1 reb short of a triple double....

and the lakers big 3 had some 90 points combined...still lakers main issue is their awful d. opposite pg score at will.

This 6th man award is weird, I mean JR Smith has more minutes per game than Larry Sanders. That's why I picked Noah for defensive player instead of Sanders, I could switch them and give most improved to Jrue Holiday, but I rather keep my original picks, Noah defensive player and Sanders most improved.

pretty bad news from kobe. but after 17 years of tough games and with dantoni playing him 45 minutes a game i guess an injury was around the corner.

still the battle for the 8th place is not over.

The coach has some blame but I can imagine Kobe ignoring him and not wanting to sit given the circumstances.

Kobe is a legend, like it or not. The closest to Jordan we will see for a long time, extremly focused and a clutch guy. I hope he recovers and can surpass Kareem in points (because he will hardly win another ring). This would put him where he deserves.

Lots of respect for him.

Now, Lakers will probably be out of PO and tha main doubt is what this team has to do in terms of market this year? Do they build ignoring Kobe? The Lakers are in a terrible position right now, even worse than they thought.

Sucks about the injury. Kobe can call it quits right now and he still in the top ten for the greatest to ever play in the NBA. If Lebron wins a couple rings he will surpass him in my GOAT list though.

My GOAT Rankings

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Magic Johnson
4. Bill Russell
5. Wilt Chamberlain
6. Larry Bird
7. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquille O'Neal
9. Kobe Bryant
10. Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited:
uhm, not sure i agree about lebron. he has to take 4 more rings to be on pair.

I'd say if kobe hadn't been so edonistic he would have been a match to mj. he always suffered from "i rather take the last shot and lose than pass and win". MJ was surely a better defender but offense wise i think they are pretty much equals.

And i would put Malone in the top 10 list. shaq and duncan don't make it in my top ten list.

LOL WHAT!!! Lebron is already ahead of Malone on the GOAT list and his career isn't even close to finished. Shaq and Duncan are co-players of the decade 2000-2010, were more dominant in their primes, more influential, had higher peaks, and won more championships. Malone is in the top 20 though, just not top ten. I haven't seen his name in one top ten list like EVER, and rightfully so. He doesn't have the credentials.

Last edited:
Just because Malone has not won a ring it does not make him any worst of a player. While he was playing with Stockton, they were the team to beat. It was just sad that during their years, an out of the planet guy from North Carolina just decided to take over the entire league and play with it for so many years.

But then, throughout the entire NBA history, there are too many great players, so maybe he's stuck in like top 15 rather than top 10...Malone and Stockton PRIME could possibly competed with Kobe and Shaq...its hard to really know...diff games then from now

lakers are basically in the po. okc-lakers first round. nyk-celtics. pretty good stuff and long sleepless nights ahead.

i honestly think Malone is the best power forward in the history of the game. And i think that there are at least 5-6 centres better than shaq.

lakers are basically in the po. okc-lakers first round. nyk-celtics. pretty good stuff and long sleepless nights ahead.

i honestly think Malone is the best power forward in the history of the game. And i think that there are at least 5-6 centres better than shaq.

Wow, so Malone had a great low post and pick and roll game with Stockton, but no way is he even half the player bird was at PF. Bird was a better defender, passer, shooter and just as tough on the boards. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and maybe you have never seen bird play in his prime, but its not even close bro. Bird was as clutch as mj as well. Please name 6 centers better then shaq

bird was a small forward. so you are talking non sense. Mchale was the pf in that team and i think it's a tight race between them and sir charles for the best pf all time. i still go for malone though.

and as a matter of fact, being in my late 30es means i had the privilege to watch the lakers celtics rivalry back in the 80es.

but it's just my 2 cents.

I too would think of Bird as a SF, or at least he always seemed to play there when I watched him live in the 80s.

About Malone, no doubt he's on of the best PF of all times. Not sure I would put him in my top 10 or 20 players of all times because I'm fond of talented guys like Jordan or Kobe more than big guys, but that's just me.

Just because Malone has not won a ring it does not make him any worst of a player. While he was playing with Stockton, they were the team to beat. It was just sad that during their years, an out of the planet guy from North Carolina just decided to take over the entire league and play with it for so many years.

But then, throughout the entire NBA history, there are too many great players, so maybe he's stuck in like top 15 rather than top 10...Malone and Stockton PRIME could possibly competed with Kobe and Shaq...its hard to really know...diff games then from now

Even if you totally discard rings current Lebron is better than any version of Malone. He has a small chance of breaking MJs PER record. That is how dominant he has been. I see him having 3-4 more years of play like this before his athleticism starts to go. I have no problem with someone ranking Wilt, Kareem, Russell, and Hakeem over Shaq. Hakeem schooled him when they went head to head. So 4 centers, not 6.

Even if you totally discard rings current Lebron is better than any version of Malone. He has a small chance of breaking MJs PER record. That is how dominant he has been. I see him having 3-4 more years of play like this before his athleticism starts to go. I have no problem with someone ranking Wilt, Kareem, Russell, and Hakeem over Shaq. Hakeem schooled him when they went head to head. So 4 centers, not 6.

wilt, kareem, russel and hakeem for sure. but personally i would also put ewing and robinson ahead of shaq and quite frankly arvidas sabonis in his prime pre nba pre injuries in the 80es was probably the best of the bunch. the guy could pass and shoot like an artist from everywhere and he was a 7.3 almost 300 lb. he went to the nba at the age of 31 and with more injuries that all the other nba players combined and he still managed to put on a few shows. divac another fine case of a player than went to the nba very late and could drive and pass like a pg and with fair refs sacramento could have won a couple of rings.

all the above had better post moves, better passing and better shooting than shaq.

You can't put those guys ahead of Shaq. Shaq was just too dominant in his prime. His peak year on the offensive and defensive side of ball was legendary. He had the same effect MJ had. Say what you want about his post moves. He was more effective at putting the ball in the hoop and protecting the rim. Same reason Duncan ranks ahead of Malone. Just as good offensively when his team needed him to be and way ahead defensively.

Back
Top Bottom