NBA Thread

Wow. I don't remember him doing stuff like that in his Cav days. Video evidence could certainly prove me wrong though.

you dont need video evidence, he did this shit all the time, he has been hated foreever for crying foul and diving his whole career. only now that he has started to actually win something have people stopped complaining about this shit. It is nothing new... he is a big cry baby

miami had one of those lifetime comback...down by 27 at half time.

yes james is a big crying pussy. phenomenal player but the lack of good defenders and old time centres makes his life much easier.

Ya. Both games were close. I'm not sure what happened with Gomito's match-up. It was a draw but somehow he went through to the final 4. I'm taking a gamble on the Wizards big men this week to get my team in the final.

Gomito won the tiebreak. I've read the rules and it is said that the winner is picked according to their previous matchup in regular season. It can also be determined by PO seed.

Last edited:
JOHN WALL IS READING!!!! Hahhahahah 47 and 8 assists vs one of the top d teams in the league. What's more impressive is that nene, Webster and Beal are hurt.

John Wall is taking this personal!!! crazy few games!!!

I just want to say, stupid Bynum ruined my season...i gambled on him coming back in January, then he kept on saying that he'd come back...but never did. I feel for those 76er fans...

I haven't paid any attention to John Wall's career, what type of PG is he?

John Wall is taking this personal!!! crazy few games!!!

I just want to say, stupid Bynum ruined my season...i gambled on him coming back in January, then he kept on saying that he'd come back...but never did. I feel for those 76er fans...

I can't believe you held onto him that long. I think Alexis dropped Rose 2 months ago.

I haven't paid any attention to John Wall's career, what type of PG is he?

fastest PG in the league with huge leaping ability and insane athelticsim. He can blow by anyone in the league, problem was that he did not have a consistent jump shot. Over the last few weeks he has been much much more consistent. So now defenders cant guard him, as we saw last night he got to the line 22 times! Its either let him by to get to the basket, let him shoot open jumpers, or foul him. Think derrick rose but faster, wall is not a great 3 ball shooter, not yet anyways. He has always been a very good passer. He can get steals and block shots as well. Avg 1-1 defender.

fastest PG in the league with huge leaping ability and insane athelticsim. He can blow by anyone in the league, problem was that he did not have a consistent jump shot. Over the last few weeks he has been much much more consistent. So now defenders cant guard him, as we saw last night he got to the line 22 times! Its either let him by to get to the basket, let him shoot open jumpers, or foul him. Think derrick rose but faster, wall is not a great 3 ball shooter, not yet anyways. He has always been a very good passer. He can get steals and block shots as well. Avg 1-1 defender.

Faster than a healthy D-Rose? I doubt it. :)

Thanks, does he have better awareness than Westbrook?

Not sure what you mean by awareness, but if we are talking about basketball IQ then wall and Westbrook are roughly the same. Westbrook makes a lot of dumb decisions on the court. Think prime Steve Francis. Great athlete but horrible decision maker and more often than not terrible efficiency from the field. The speed/quickness difference between Wall, Rose and Westbrook is not worth arguing about as a case could be made for any of three. All three are blazing fast.

I held onto him because I don't check enough and i don't want to drop him and when he's fine, someone else picks him up and i lose out on a high pick of mine...haha..

Wall is a great player on a horrible team. Wizards management really need to surround him with better players to make the best use of their PG before they lose him to free agency...

Not sure what you mean by awareness, but if we are talking about basketball IQ then wall and Westbrook are roughly the same. Westbrook makes a lot of dumb decisions on the court. Think prime Steve Francis. Great athlete but horrible decision maker and more often than not terrible efficiency from the field.

The speed/quickness difference between Wall, Rose and Westbrook is not worth arguing about as a case could be made for any of three. All three are blazing fast.

Agreed.

They're all so explosive that I wouldn't say one is particularly faster than the other.

Not sure what you mean by awareness, but if we are talking about basketball IQ then wall and Westbrook are roughly the same. Westbrook makes a lot of dumb decisions on the court. Think prime Steve Francis. Great athlete but horrible decision maker and more often than not terrible efficiency from the field. The speed/quickness difference between Wall, Rose and Westbrook is not worth arguing about as a case could be made for any of three. All three are blazing fast.

Just general court awareness (decision making too), picking your moments and knowing when to set up others instead of attempting to score yourself.

I'll pay attention to him now.

The whole explosiveness thing is irrelevant, its all fine margins and I do prefer pass first guys like Nash, Rubio, CP3, Rondo etc. I also like Andre Miller's game.

Just general court awareness (decision making too), picking your moments and knowing when to set up others instead of attempting to score yourself.

I'll pay attention to him now.

The whole explosiveness thing is irrelevant, its all fine margins and I do prefer pass first guys like Nash, Rubio, CP3, Rondo etc. I also like Andre Miller's game.

i must agree. sometimes rose/wall/wbrook can be detrimental to their team who cant' follow their pace/weird decision making.

I'd say Chris Paul is probably the best overall pg out there ex aequo with rondo and parker. they can control the pace and rythm of the game, shoot, get people involved etc. Nash and rubio are too weak in d, althought they are a beauty to watch. Lawson is also turning into a very fine player.

hey look, wall is not how reveiw described westbrook. At least not over the last month. His FG% is been very good and he has been taking smart shots and still has a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio. In terms of athleticism yeah there similar. I think people on this thread are underestimating the leaps and bounds wall has made since he came back from injury. The wizards are 21-16 with wall on the team, playoff team. Does wall make dumb plays? yes, but not ALOT.

Objectively speaking the month of March could be an outlier. The sample size of work is way too small to say he's officially turned the corner. I don't if he can sustain this level of play for an entire year. We'll see how he does next year.

streak is over the lebron whiner is already whining about everything.

i hope the thunders/spurs can beat the crap out of that big child in the final.

Suck it LeBron!

Whining about the refs, you should take the beatings Jordan did from the Pistons and Knicks, then you'd have reasons to cry about.

butlerHAM.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom