NBA Thread

The Golden State Warriors will be the first NBA team to wear a jersey with sleeves.

The Warriors will debut the yellow alternate uniforms on Feb. 22. They will also wear them on March 8 against the Rockets and March 15 against the Bulls.

"It was the right moment, the right team," said Lawrence Norman, Adidas' vice president of global basketball. "Even more important, the right city. When you launch something as innovative as this -- that will change the way the players look on the court and the way the fans support the team forever -- why not launch it in the most innovative part of the United States?"

The uniform is also made with 60 percent recycled material.

"I think it will be a trendsetter," rookie forward Harrison Barnes said. "I think its something it will take people a little bit of time to get used to, but once they do it'll be good. As long as I'm able to shoot and move, that's all that matters."

Via Marcus Thompson II/San Jose Mercury News

20130211__0212warriorsjersey~1_300.JPG

20130211_104626_gswbarnesjersey_300.jpg

good marketing move. and it shouldn't be much of an issue for shooting and dunking.

Remember that Prince fan?

YouTube - A disappointed fan discovers Tayshaun Prince has been traded

Well...

appcrop0210_MASP_cory_tashaun_t607.jpg

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/feb/10/tayshaun-prince-fan-lives-his-dream-at-grizzlies/

The Commercial Appeal, in conjunction with the Grizzlies, organized a trip to Memphis and surprise meeting with Prince for Brandt, wife Carri and infant son Landon. Brandt, a 27-year-old graphic designer from Greenwood, Ind., was doing a video interview with The Commercial Appeal when Prince appeared, sliding an arm around Brandt's shoulders.

It's not a one time thing. Our system is designed for long-term success. There is a discipline and a structure to the program that we expect clients to follow if they want our success just like any other type of investment where it pays to diversify your portfolio and to take small calculated risks.

As an example, if you have let's say $1000 set aside as your sports betting bankroll, you divide it by 100 to see what 1% is for you.

For an individual with only $1000 set aside for betting, 1% or what we call 1 unit would be simply a $10 bet.

As most of our bets are 3 unit plays (3% plays), then that individual would mostly be placing $30 bets.

At the end of the month or season, he'll be up quite a bit of money if he has followed our instructions and not only placed all the bets we suggest but for the right amounts.

Last night's 4% bet on Houston was a $40 bet for that individual then but a $400 bet for those who have $10,000 bankrolls like I do. So it's all relative to your overall wealth. Obviously like anything else, the bigger you risk, the bigger the reward but of course the higher the risk as well.

Your a intelligent guy. But please don't insult mine by comparing what your doing to diversifying investments... The house always wins. :)

That's just a negative belief and one that's true for most people but not all. The house (Vegas) wins against most people but not every single individual. But that's why they win 'overall' because the money they take from most people is a LOT of money. Most people aren't sharps or sharks. They're just average gambling Joe's pissing money away. Those are the people the house wins against and since there are so many of them, the house wins overall.

After all for just about every 90 chumps out there, there are only about 10 intelligent, disciplined investors. This is true in every area of life.

Our results are all verified by a 3rd party. You can see that we win some bets and lose some like everyone but at the end of the month, good judgement, research, experience and expertise pays off. That's why despite the ups and downs, there's usually more wins than losses and we win most of our bigger bets (like Houston against GSW and Wizards against Milwaukee Bucks both of whom were away underdogs but ended up easy outright winners) and hence earn a nice return on our investment.

48 winning bets and 29 losing ones in January yielded an incredible 36% Return! Obviously not every month will be as lucrative nor does it need to be. We could do a quarter of that and it would still be a nice monthly return but we usually do better than that anyway.

The house usually wins because most people don't do this with any proper structure or discipline. They just bet random amounts on games (and usually bet too big for their own good) or get emotional and place bigger bets when they lose a few to 'chase' losses. Those people will always fail and not just with this but with any kind of investment. Like anything else, it comes down to your discipline and patience.

When all is done the right way however, it's not so different from investing in stocks or anything else. With that stuff, you also have the risk to win or lose money. But you pay capital gains tax for one thing and also have to wait for some shady CEO to declare dividends and aren't really in the know about what's happening behind the scenes where as the in the world of sports, the media is all over and covers almost everything, so there's a lot more honest information you have on tonight's NBA game (both injuries, scheduling, motivation, previews, etc.) than what's going on behind the scenes in a firm.

Anyway, the biggest reason behind diversifying your portfolio is to minimize risk and to not have your eggs in one basket, is it not? That's exactly why that DOES apply to us and why you can lii dont mate ken this to diversifying your portfolio. Because we only risk a few percentage of the bankroll each night on a few different bets and even then, it's bets on different teams with different styles and in different competitions (like having stocks in different industries in your portfolio). It would be different if we were telling people to bet all their money on one or two games but that's the OPPOSITE of what we do. That would be idiotic and risky. Up until last month, there were 3-4 small bets per night on average, A couple in the NBA, one is College Basketball and some football ones. It's different bets in different avenues and most importantly you're taking SMALL calculated risks.
i dont know mate, sounds very risky when your dealing with sports. Gambling income is worse then capitals gains cause it is treated as normal income and taxed at the top rate, not the %15 capital gains rate.. so thats not really any kind of advantage, it is a HUGE disadvantage(top rate is around %36 to %38 depending on you). In canada as I understand it, you dont have to pay capital gains if you sell within the year you bought the investment. If I had bank rolls of 10k, I would be invensting in stocks ALONE for the tax advantage. If gambling is your only source of revenue, then I would love to see how this plays out over 30 years vs my invenstment in stocks and bonds

Hey bro

bonds are a usually safer investment likes T-bills. So obviously the risk is lower but the rate of return is usually pretty low as well. It depends on what bond of course.

With sports investment as we like to call it and not gambling, the rate of return has to be risk adjusted of course but the rate of return is much better than bonds on most months.

It basically comes down to how risk averse/loving you are. Our system is the safest and smartest way to 'gamble' but at the end of the day it is gambling and so yes you are right, there is 'risk' in it.

But that's why the rate of return is also generally much higher than less risky alternatives.

The thing with the tax on gambling is nobody really declares it anyway. I don't know a single client of ours that's paying tax on top of it. It's like extra income and in Canada at least, you don't even have to unless it becomes your 'job' which for most people, it isn't.

Forgetting about and not even factoring in transaction costs, taxes, broker fees and everything, what type of return do you think your stocks and bonds will get you in 2013? I'm curious. I know it's not a 30-year span but even 1-year (12-months) is a decent if small sample size.

I do have $10k bankroll personally and so of course bet the same picks we recommend to our clients. Otherwise it wouldn't be right, not putting our money where our mouth is.

---------

Anyway, TWO big NBA Marquee match ups tonight! I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Let's get back on topic. I'm looking forward to both!

I don't know a single client of ours that's paying tax on top of it.

Oh so you are advertising huh :P

Are you like those guys in movies that beat up the ones in debt? :CONFUSE: You scary mayne.

Now back on topic, I was joking Sina of course. My friend saw that 'ROSE: I COULD MISS 2012-13 SEASON' headline on NBA.com and a discussion I had with him came back.
He insists Rose will never be the same, and I agree, but I say he is going to be better! At least better all around player.

My points are that an experience like this, being sidelined for more than a year will only add up to his game mind, why do I believe that, because his main skill to me was always his hardworking not his tremendous physical abilities, which was maybe the second best in my view.
But I have faith in him, I think he watching the Bulls figuring it out without him, not being able to do what he love will only add to his already great personality.
I think he will decide what to do on court in a much more mature way. Its not only playing that add up to peoples game. I keep thinking of those Jordan's quotes of how he failed and failed before success.

Plus I don't even think knee injuries are like they once were, way way back. Didn't Blake Griffin missed his rookie season and still a monster physically?

Do you guys think I'm tripping or having too much faith?

My friend believes he will have low confidence, and that he will not develop his other game like passing and long shooting, in an elite way he means. He thinks he will be ok but not a MVP, which is kind of obvious with Lelbron on the league. But I think he will still be an constant all-star on the east right next to Kyrie and still way ahead of Wall/Rondo like players.

James killed kd. lakers went down 15-0...lol. dantoni system at his best, run and lose!

LBJ at his best! Was f'n unstoppable last night even with the 3's. Horrible defending by OKC. 3-pointers killed them!

Durant took a BIG hit in the first quarter injuring his shoulder and ribs. By 4th, he had fully recovered and we again saw how amazing he is. But he was very poor by his standards in the first half (perhaps because of that big hit early on, it was a bad landing!)

p.s. You guys see the Kevin Durant Footlocker commercial? Lol, it's funny.

I agree, the dunk contest has been really dull. Need a Vince Carter-type dunker to revive it.

To be honest I don't really care about the ASG anymore.

i'd love to see a USA all star vs non USA all star. it would put back some proper proud and competition in the game. est-west alley hoop 0 defense is boring. also moneywise, 0 to the losers. a game worth 75 thousand dollars each for the winner would give some extra reason.

I enjoyed the All Star game, recorded the other events but can't be bothered to watch them.

wouldn't be worth a shit tbh. I always watch Saturday night and I always regret it. Irving's early run in the final round of 3pt contest was the most exciting thing... and once again I didn't watch the All-star game last night cuz it's just so boring but now people is saying that it was the best since the one in 2003. hmmm...

Last edited:
Bird and magic were better cause they had to face each other , Jordan had Isaiah and bill lambeer

In both those guys opinions, Jordan was the best.

And Michael had to face that pistons team but also Magic, Drexler, Barkley, Ewing, Shaq and Penny, Payton and Kemp, Stockton and Malone, Reggie Miller and many others. The list of great players that were denied championships because of Michael is impressive...

Back
Top Bottom