NBA Thread

That team can't DEFEND if their LIFE depends on it! Pathetic!

And Ron Artest hahaha... World SHIT instead of World Peace. What a crap player he's become. Constantly shoots and can't make a f'n basket.

They have no game plan either, Nash occassionally does a couple nice assists but for the most part, everyone just passes it to Kobe who tries to single handedly score a few points but also misses his fair share these days.

There's no depth either. Look at Denver Nuggets' depth in the squad or Spurs.

To me Dwight Howard is probably the main idiot in the house. He defends even worse than Gasol, shoots worsexthan Ron, can't assist and looses his head every other match.

An incredible low performance by a guy that was touted as the best center and it would hardly make it into the top 10 forwards in my list. What a pathetic character!

that's why i took the lakers in nba2k13 and traded howard for love....now i have a great team!

chucko.gif

irving made me laugh at 03.00 in the mornig. what a shot and what a guy!

Yes great name but will never change. But the wiz or bullets are on a roll 7-3 in last ten, 5 in a row at home. Blasted the bulls last night my team in 2k

I was just kiddin, gomito.

but still I think there must be a certain reason why these serious knee injuries are happening very often in recent years. shoes maybe? by reducing the pressure on feet and causing more pressure on knees? I don't know...

Last edited:
Rondo out for the year!!! There goes my triple double threat in fantasy and Boston`s hopes of making a run in June. I wonder if any good pgs are on the waiver wire

Sucks for Rondo but Boston can't get good pieces back unless they get other teams involved.

The sport has got more physical and skilled players do amazing movements, feints and drives that are a lot more prone to injuries. Then again, when I had my ACL torn, it was on my own, without even the ball near me, just a bad step and there it went my knee. So, it's possible that a lot of bad luck has just striken the league.

i am gland bryant eventually understood he was of main issues at lakers. if he starts passing the ball and getting other people involved then they have a change of po.

i agree, regular season should be about 52 games. more than enough.

The sport has got more physical and skilled players do amazing movements, feints and drives that are a lot more prone to injuries. Then again, when I had my ACL torn, it was on my own, without even the ball near me, just a bad step and there it went my knee. So, it's possible that a lot of bad luck has just striken the league.

the players are certainly much more atheletic, and I supopse that means they can do unbeleivable jumps and turns, which might lead to more injuries. But I think issdingo has got something with the shoes... they seem too low

the players are certainly much more atheletic, and I supopse that means they can do unbeleivable jumps and turns, which might lead to more injuries. But I think issdingo has got something with the shoes... they seem too low

I'm quite ignorant about the shoes, so you may have a point there.

But it feels to me that there is the same trend in other contact sports like football. The rate of torn ligament injuries is way higher than what it was 20 years ago.

Even though it's hard to prove with statistics, sports are pushing the human body way too far, and that's the reason why there are a lot more muscle and ligament injuries, while 20 years ago in football it was easier to break your leg than breaking a ligament, because players were less protected from tackles but they didn't need to do extremely complex movements. Sports have become a lot more competitive, with more pressure and tactics and it asks for more complex movements to beat your player.

Or it may be that 20 years ago we didn't know there were lots of players torning their ligaments because the press wasn't as international and inmediate as it is with internet.

I stand my point that players try and do things that are extremely dangerous for some joints of the body, and 15 years ago players didn't even dream on performing them, except Magic, Jordan and similar stars ahead of their time.

Back
Top Bottom