NBA Thread

but why?? I don't like it...

We have a promising young talent in Davis and Calderon was fitting in perfectly as the leader in offense (yeah, his D sucks, but he's good). Then in the SG/SF position, we have Derozan and Ross who are up and coming young guys who need their minutes. Worst of all, we only have 2 PGs now and apart from Lowry (who's production MUST go up) the other sucks...

As much as I love Gay and he's super talented, but....I cant' say I like this deal.

I don't see how Davis will fit into a frontcourt of Gasol and Randolph already, but PRince will help in leading the young backcourts in the SF position. and Calderon in Detroit...well, they just wanted that cap space...but he will come back to haunt the Raptors...

Last edited:
that's a shitty trade for everyone. Toronto had plenty of wing players, yes they get a good player but a superstar contract and lose the very reason they started winning games (calderon), memphis didn't need to touch his 5 starters on a great season. they are now a worse team with no top playoff level sf (prince is on the decling side of his great career), and detroit got no real added value but probably gets the best out of it by freeing tons of salary cap and start thinking about the future.

I'd say calderon would have been good to the celtics. maybe he'll be cut and then can go to a decent team.

Ah LA lost after a 13 point lead in the 4th. I think the Lakers would be better off trading Nash, u need no nash if bryant hands out 10 assists a game. But they do need a pg who can defend, right now is party time for the opponents pg.

still, miami thunder will be the final anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
I shall sum up the Lakers season with 2 gifs:

tumblr_mgik2rkq8U1rk0uv7o2_250.gif

tumblr_mgik2rkq8U1rk0uv7o1_r2_250.gif

:LMAO:

I'm not sure how I feel about the Rudy Gay trade either.

On one hand, he's a very good player and I'm happy to see him but am sad to see Jose Calderon leave. :(
Our all-time assist leader and even this season one of our best players!

Not sure this was a trade we needed or great for any team but anyway let's see what happens. It's not a bad trade either.

Kyle Lowry needs to step it up now and I think he will. If he can stay injury free, he can be a hell of a PG.

i love the girl with the little kid whom i presume might be his partner. she just pretends she does not know him....

anyway the raptors have a bad gm. he always make bad choices that don't make much sense neither for the time being nor for the future.

a huge stipend for a position already filled by similar players ain't a good idea.

Facking injuries. 2 straight weeks of being blown out of the facking water in fantasy. On an NBA note. Amare has looked solid off the bench. He actually has a post game now. Guess that work with Hakeem paid off

Everyone's working with Hakeem...from centers to small forwards too. And they're not rookies either...most of them are a few years into the league or already stars...

I don't think Magic, Jordan or Bird went to any older players for lessons...

divac learned from k.a. jabbar. it's pretty clear old school centers were much more refined and skillful than todays' ones. Duncan and Garnett belong to the old school ones.

Yesterday i watched the lakers game. thrilling finale!

Amar'e is like a different player this year. He's got a real post arsenal at this point, uses his left hand, doesn't seem completely clueless every time he's guarding a pick and roll like he was in the past and his mid-jump shot is getting there once again. Huge!

Everyone's working with Hakeem...from centers to small forwards too. And they're not rookies either...most of them are a few years into the league or already stars...

I don't think Magic, Jordan or Bird went to any older players for lessons...

They didn't need too....

The reason I was asking was that James took lessons from Hakeem as well. I understand that he's trying to expand his game, but then in the off seasons, he trains with Durant...I just think that as one of the best, if not the best, players in the league, I've never seen one before who does this...

Oh dude I think training together and being coached are two different things....when these guys say training together they probably mean lifting and running. Jordan bird and magic certainly trainend in off season. But to be fair Lebron is more of a well rounded player then Jordan and magic he is very similar to bird with obviously much more speed and power. But can do it all like bird, mid range, post game, 3 ball, rebound and pass. And of course go to the hole. So I go to imagine Lebron works on all of this skills in the off season.

No, Lebron and Durant train as in do one on ones together studying each other's moves and plays. That is the part which i'm not so comfortable with.

But then, i'm no professional athlete, heck, i'm not really even an athlete, so i dont know the types of training that is needed and such. Who knows, maybe it can help raise overall level of play in the league and balance of power

No, Lebron and Durant train as in do one on ones together studying each other's moves and plays. That is the part which i'm not so comfortable with.

But then, i'm no professional athlete, heck, i'm not really even an athlete, so i dont know the types of training that is needed and such. Who knows, maybe it can help raise overall level of play in the league and balance of power

i think its fairly common...

lakers got unlucky, no gasol and howard means no playoff. just when they decided to quit dantoni non sense run and lose and start playing some slower and paint-based basketball.

I think i am won by the nuggets. most fun basketball in the league, and as i though some time ago, they actually had the deal of the decade by letting the forever ringless Melo to Ny. Denver has a young, talented and well rounded group of players.

I think i am won by the nuggets. most fun basketball in the league, and as i though some time ago, they actually had the deal of the decade by letting the forever ringless Melo to Ny. Denver has a young, talented and well rounded group of players.

Fun and exciting team to watch but they won't go past first round. I am sorry but they are not in the same tier as the likes of OKC, Spurs, Grizzlies and LAC. The Nuggets don't have a go to guy unless you think Gallo is their guy. Tbh, and now talking about the Melo trade, I don't see how did they get the deal of decade. It's not like they have traded Kwame fvcking Brown for Pau Gasol! Denver only got a bunch of good role players (who the Knicks can attract in FA) and a glorified role player in Danilo Galinari, heck I didn't want that boy in the first place, I was all over for Eric Gordon in 2008 to begin with.

I think it was a fair deal for both sides. We got the best player in the deal and they got assets. That said, from a NY perspective, imo we gave up too many assets, assets that we missed when we tried to trade for Chris Paul. Screw that! The Knicks are back into contention! :BOP:

Today has been the first time in the whole fantasy basketball league that I have no injured players and I have been forced to have someone who is playing out of the list. Great...

Must be nice to be injury free. We'll see how long you can keep it up

Yeah, I have been very lucky so far, the only concern I had regarding injuries was Kyrie being out for a month. You have to be wise picking your team avoiding injury prone players. That said, heck, injuries can happen to anyone! You were doing just fine until Rondo got hurt.

Yeah, I have been very lucky so far, the only concern I had regarding injuries was Kyrie being out for a month. You have to be wise picking your team avoiding injury prone players. That said, heck, injuries can happen to anyone! You were doing just fine until Rondo got hurt.

I didn't really pick most of my team, I couldn't be during the draft and I found a team with injuries. But, this first season is just to learn how is it played. Next season I'll be in the top watching Andre suffer week in week out...

i saw lakers miami. that's some serious lakers bs in the 4th quarter. ball in bryant's hands who tried unlikely shots with the rest of the team static.

if they had tried some pick and roll with nash and howard they could have actually won the game. but they had to please the most egocentric player in the league.

lakers will not make the po and howard will not resign.

denver boston probably the best game of the season so far.

I didn't really pick most of my team, I couldn't be during the draft and I found a team with injuries. But, this first season is just to learn how is it played. Next season I'll be in the top watching Andre suffer week in week out...

Ya lets hope so. I just hope for a top two pick. Next year we're adding an IR spot because injuries are facking ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom