NBA Thread

the lakers almost lost to the bobcats...i mean the bobcats, what's wrong with that team?

I saw the 3rd and the 4th quarters. Man, you totally crushed them in the paint, Pek and Love were beasting all night! Rubio doesn't seem OK to me, he looked very tired last night.

right about that. as many pro's said acl tear is actually a two-year injury. rubio will need persistence, courage and lots of motivation to be back again as the good ol' ricky. but unfortunately the examples from the past suggest that players who suffer from acl tear never be the same player before the injury. the only hope is about rubio is that he is not a player who mainly relies on his explosiveness or crossovers like lets say rose or jamal crawford but a playmaker who has high IQ and excellent hands. but seriously, I f*ckin hate this acl injury!

You are just a bad matchup for us.

spike-lee.gif

i watched the knicks wolves game and tbh the refs were embarassing. knicks and the garden put pressure on the refs for the entire game and the last 2-3 minutes the refs didn't call 2 gigantic fouls on the wolves allowing Melo to win the game on his own.

yet, withouth Love and with a piss poor Rubio game the wolves had a lead for the entire game.

I'd say this knick team is overrated. melo is great and they have 3shooters but they get owned in the paint by any top team. Not sure they'll make it to the conference final.

The lack of size upfront is killing us so far. Sooner or later this small-ball lineup would collapse when the Knicks have to face a strong frontcourt like the Wolves one. We desperately need Amar'e, Sheed and Camby back on track. Moreover, teams are adjusting to our 3pt game, Woody needs to sort this out.

I cannot agree with you my friend. I'm not sure we'll make it to ECF either but this team is not overrated. As I told, let's wait until those big guys return, I know Amar'e isn't a great defender but his presence alone will allow us to grab some more rebounds and intimidated the opponent.

Refs were awful again. Once again, Melo gets killed in the paint and no fouls are called. Another BS technical on Woodson after a ridiculous call on Melo in that airball thrown by Ridnour with 2 minutes to go.

Merry Christmas guys!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-can-alexey-shved-win-the-rookie-of-the-year

this fella should get some serious recognition (even though he's ranked #3 in the rookie ladder of nba.com and also nominated for the rookie of the month award) :)

and here's the excellent steal and 3-pointer by him in the clutch time. GIMME THE BALL JR!

YouTube - Alexey Shved No Fear in Stealing & Nailing 3-Point | Timberwolves vs Knicks | 12-23-12

shame he's missed that last attempt to tie the game. he's such a fearless guy for -especially- a euro-rookie.

p.s. oh wait, knicks aren't overrated at all. it's just the t-wolves is more than a decent team despite not having some afro-american highflyer guys. there's only a few teams in the league that can stand tough against the pekovic and love frontcourt on their good day.

Last edited:
I love Alexey Shved, absolutely bargain for 10M/3yr. The Wolves front office are following the Detroit Red Wings successful policy of scouting young promising players in Europe to sign them later.

yep, that's why I like this T-Wolves team of the recent years a lot. I've always been a fan of Euroleague basketball and now seeing that a team that play with the same group of players (elite ones of european ballers actually) and with similar mentality (with some adaptation of course) is becoming sort of a decent force in NBA, that's what makes me support T-Wolves and want to see them succeed in the end.

also, look at this roster.

2 hispanic (rubio, barea)
3 slavic (shved, ak-47, pekovic)
5 white-american (ridnour, budinger, love, amundson, stiemsma)
4 (only four) afro-american (lee, roy, cunningham, williams)

that's definitely one of the most (racially) discrete rosters in NBA history, if not the most discrete. of course not meaning to be a racist but somehow I'd rather like to watch white players play tbh. the way they play is imo a little more complicated and much more based on strategies. and, in fact, it has to be so. I mean, it's not about the skin color actually, black (or mixed) players are athletically way too good, freaking good comparing to Euroleague players. this is absolutely a huge advantage on their side. it's somewhat like a 'supporting the underdog' situation for me. (white man has become the underdog against the black guy in a part of life. oh, the irony...)

and finally, Adelman is possibly the best guy around (maybe after Pop) to coach a group of players like this one. he definitely knows how to win players over and that's very important. I know it's too early to say but I'd love to see them make it to the play-offs and maybe to the conference semi-finals at least, too. :)

P.S. oh, and by the way, I just know absolutely nothing about the other three of the four major league sports in the US. sorry, mate :LOL:

Last edited:
I think it actually is fairly ignorant to suggest that white players are better at playing complex strategies, that is code word that players of color are dumb.... The best players in the league and the world are %90 African American, and all of them understand and can play any type of offense.. Euro league certainly focus more on fundamentals but those don't mean shit if your going to get out hustled every play, see jan vesley. The reason some American players lack fundamentals is nuanced answer with background and up bringing having more to do with it then color... I know you meant nothing malicious or racist bro..

what you said in your first sentence, I'd never want to mean something like that. it has nothing to do with color of course, whilst black players have more options with them due to their superior athleticism, huge majority (almost all) of white guys tend to excel at the strategic side of the game and, on the other hand significant majority of black guys -naturally- prefer to go with the athletic plays. not that all whites are better at technical side than all blacks or vice versa because of that. it's only a matter of style. the first guys who'd come to my mind to know this game better than anyone in the history are none other than MJ (the greatest) and Olajuwon (the ultimate fundamental). just to make it even more clear, racism is the most nonsense thing ever!

I know you see what I meant to say, though. :)

Last edited:
Are you Spanish by chance? Just curious cause I have seen other Spanish forum members sometimes say things of which I don't really think they are saying what they or they think they mean

nope I'm turkish (see my signature). I occasionally write down things here I'd like to say as my english is not so good and things like that are quite likely to happen.

Going back to bball, tonight we get a nice xmas present, knicks at Lakers.

I still think Amar might actually make the team worse, any team that reach a certain balance does not usually benefit from a big star going back to his place. we'll see about that.

I hope KB tonight is not gonna shoot 42 times....i mean the guy really only cares about his own stats most of the time. He is late in his career, he does not need to prove to be number 1 in stats all the time. he should more concerned about his teammates.

That's the main difference between Jordan and Bryant. Jordan played to win games, bryant plays to satisfy his ego.

Rockets @ Bulls

Ömer Aşık 20p-18r-3b-0to +41(+/-) in 35 mins
Joakim Noah (the guy he backed up last season) 8p-9r-2b-5to -20(+/-) in 32 mins

and a nice picture (not from last night though)
f21be392345e11e29a4b22000a1fb593_7.jpg

to me, the biggest candidate for MIP alongside with Holiday and Varejao if he keeps playing like that. and there's also Mayo, Batum, Kemba, Harden, Sanders... MIP award is a very tough challenge this year as there's really too many players vastly improved comparing to their respective last seasons.

Knicks - Lakers was a good match, watching Nash play for them still hurts.

Jeff van Gundy is a brilliant analyst.

but you have Kidd? and he's still a decent defender. also still a lot better defender than Nash as always :) and you also have Felton who's always performed better with the Knicks. I know nobody can match with Nash's IQ on the offensive side but I think Knicks has one of the better PG duos in the league with Felton and Kidd.

I'm a Suns fan, I can't stomach playing with them in 2K so I jumped on the Knicks bandwagon.

My team are no longer relevant, the team has no identity, a cheap ass owner and a useless GM.

The shit has truly hit the fan.

a lot of bad calls in los angeles and miami. the foul on the last second thunder 3es was huuuuuuge. wes and perk got really pissed off.

Lakers played a solid game, mostly due to howard defending. I don't particularly like jason kid as a sg, he has the tendency to pass the ball even when he is open. Chandler got owned once again. I think i would put amar on 5 and chandler on the bench.

Amare as a Center would mean they'd get killed in the paint, not everyone has two seven footers like LA.

really starting to dislike the heat. They have two of the best players in the world. Do they really need help from the zebras? It`s like Barca in footy. Best club team i have ever seen and they still get help from the officials.

He sure is. That said, I would love to have him on my fantasy team. gomito, I`ll give you Deron Williams and David Lee for Lebron.

a lot of bad calls in los angeles and miami. the foul on the last second thunder 3es was huuuuuuge. wes and perk got really pissed off.

Lakers played a solid game, mostly due to howard defending. I don't particularly like jason kid as a sg, he has the tendency to pass the ball even when he is open. Chandler got owned once again. I think i would put amar on 5 and chandler on the bench.

Chandler's D has been suspicious so far this season. That said, I agree with Tobi, you get killed in the paint when Amar'e plays as center.

Howard has had a superb game, his best by far during his LA tenure but the most valuable player last night was a young fella called Steve Nash. :P

I'm a Suns fan, I can't stomach playing with them in 2K so I jumped on the Knicks bandwagon.

My team are no longer relevant, the team has no identity, a cheap ass owner and a useless GM.

The shit has truly hit the fan.

I think you will beat us tonight. I'm not feeling my team right now (3 losses in 5 games).

I hope Woodson gives Felton some rest, guy has had a rough couple of weeks as he's suffering bone bruises on both hands so his FG% has been awful consequently.

Lebron is a whiner!!!

Yea, I reckon that but I think Wade is even worse! :(

Pretty clear that lakers can't defend without howard. On top of that Mr pringle is squeezing his old veterans for 40 minutes a game to try to win against decent teams. If they do make it to the PO they will be completely wasted.

Gasol is heading to the all star to play the 3 context....

Back
Top Bottom