NBA Thread

Yeah I'm a Knicks fan bud, been streaming almost every game this season! (even at ridiculous hours!).

Really like this years roster, Felton, Kidd, Melo, Chandler and Smith have really gelled well together. Its good that most of them are killing their 3 pointers, and Chandler dominating inside.

knicks clippers would be my fav final right now.

knicks miami will make a wonderful conf final.

West looks as strong as usual.

I read some nice stuff about how toxic the changing room is in toronto. apparently bargagni isn't very loved by his team mates...

i am very much looking forward to the knicks lakers game. i expect a play off kinda game.

About Chandler: i remember the olympic final were P. Gasol literally owned him in the paint scoring at will. Actually if Marc Gasol didn't knock himself out of the game so early Spain had a chance to win that game. But once Paul Gasol ran out of steam and he could not be replaced by Marc the game was pretty much over. There were 3-4 key minutes without the 2 gasol were team USA took that 4-5 points crucial lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their frontcourt is very tragicomic at the moment. I believe that Valanciunas will eventually become a good big man but there's absolutely no hope for Bargnani. Trade him or you'll suck forever, Raptors!

Kanoute - we all lose it sometimes. :P That was a bad elbow!

Andrea Bargnani is a VERY nice guy. Dude is so low-key and humble, hardly acts like a superstar. I doubt his team-mates don't like him.

i hope you guys are watching the game. knicks scored 41 points in the first half...that's gotta be one of the most amusing first half i ever watched!

melo got some 22. kb is also scoring a lot. great game so far.

the nba will have to get rid of the 3 point line after tonight....knicks are shooting 3es life they were fts!

my goodness, what a half for the knicks, one of few game's i've caught this season, only be able to catch a few hour's sleep before getting up but will be worth it

still the knicks need more than js to be a title contender. curious to see if the lakers are gonna get back in the game, after all they dominate in the paint/rebounds.

way to go dantoni, let koby in 44 minutes in a game they never had a chance to win. ergo they might get beaten even by the wizards tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving this Lakers laughing stock of the league...haha...but Knicks do seem to be running on all cylinders right now, and i'll be interested to see when it ends and how it ends...and of course, what happens after...most runs this early in the season is not that great...they run out of steam or crumble once the streak ends and come playoff, they'll be sweeped early.

Spurs are a great example...they always start their runs around or after the All-star game (approx 50% into the season), and they keep it going into the playoffs and win championships...

knicks need more variety for sure. lakers are in a difficult position, most teams in the west will now see an opportunity to kick them out of they playoff or to make it to the po. So 10-12 west teams will play their best game against the LA and that's in a long run will tire the hell out of their old players.

But with slow tempo and a lot of paint play and KB the Lakers can still be a top team.

NashAmare_original.gif

I just saw a stat - the Lakers are 1 - 5 without Pau, coincidence?

I just saw a stat - the Lakers are 1 - 5 without Pau, coincidence?

I really don't get what the Lakers have been trying with Pau in the last 2 seasons. You have one of the best PFs in the league, with incredibly high IQ for his position, able to own the paint offensively and with a high capacity of association with other players...

And what they did? Try to make him play near the 3Pts line! It's so absurd it sounds like a bad joke. It's the best way to nullify one of your best players.

The Lakers are a sinking boat since Phil left.

i actually think that if the wizards go for a high tempo running game they can actually manage to compete with a tired lakers team.

as soon as the knicks speeded up the game the difference was huge.

Ricky's back with 8p-4r-9a-3s in just 18 minutes. Hope he stays healthy for a while to give himself confidence on his knee. The guy's absolutely a huge boost for this team. Too bad that Love doesn't seem to have a long future with the franchise. One can understand what Garnett did in the past and why but this year with the rest of team consistently improving (mostly thanks to addition of the great Russians and also having decent backup players) Love may end up with joining LeBron and Dwight's villain crew in the league. Well, he might be right about his words about the GM, but since this is a very wrong time considering the team's situation, it only sounds like straight whining. He needs to man up asap!

Back
Top Bottom