NBA Thread

As for being a fan or not, I'm neutral about him. To me, he's one of those guys out there (you know, like Jrue Holiday, Aldridge, Ellis or Al Jefferson to name a few). Talent-wise, he's surely an all-star material imo (or maybe just a little below it). His old fellas having a block party on him last night made me feel sorry about him, though. I don't know, maybe he should've sacrificed to stay at OKC for winning some championships. But now, he's far far from a ring. Still, I think there's no one to blame on that trade, though.

Oh and btw, Ricky Rubio is said to be fully cleared to play the next game (for fantasy players here).

James Harden as a huge fanbase mostly because is an urban myth. "Fear the beard!" Anyway, talent-wise, I appreciate his game, I agree with Kanouté that he's All-Star material however I am not so sure if he is capable of leading a team to a chip, the go-to guy, you know. Still, heck of a player!

Oh and btw, Ricky Rubio is said to be fully cleared to play the next game (for fantasy players here).

Oh man, I hate Ellis, f'k ballhog! :LOL:

Do people still care about Fantasy League? C'mon, I have it on lock! :BOP:

The San Antonio Spurs have sent four of their top-five leading scorers back home instead of playing the Miami Heat on Thursday in a nationally televised game.

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green did not travel with the team after Wednesday night’s win in Orlando.

The Spurs were already without Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson.

Gregg Popovich will have nine active players.

“We’re getting tired,” Popovich said. “We’ve had a six-day trip and a 10-day trip. Usually you don’t have that in one month.”

339048_o.gif

Last edited:
I had 6 injured players in my roster in the Fantasy League yesterday. Had to do changes again, but I'm getting quite tired. I still have 5 injured players and I don't want to get rid of them, but it's limiting a lot my results...

Agh!

You have too many guards. About Harden. He's a good scorer. I don't think you win a title with him as your number 1 option though.

I like Harden...great set of skills, and the beard!!! haha...

Well, you can't really argue with Pop...resting 4 of their top 5 scorers, they only fell to the Heat by 5 points and if it wasn't for a final 20-8 run by the Heat, the Spurs might've had it too...

with that said, seeing how the spurs visit miami only once per year, (and having a parker fan in the family), if i bought those ticks to see parker play (and spurs are in the top category of prices too) and find out he's rested...i'd be quite mad...

I like Harden...great set of skills, and the beard!!! haha...

Well, you can't really argue with Pop...resting 4 of their top 5 scorers, they only fell to the Heat by 5 points and if it wasn't for a final 20-8 run by the Heat, the Spurs might've had it too...

with that said, seeing how the spurs visit miami only once per year, (and having a parker fan in the family), if i bought those ticks to see parker play (and spurs are in the top category of prices too) and find out he's rested...i'd be quite mad...

I'd be mad too bro, and rightfully so. Fans spend a fortune in a freaking NBA ticket and at the end all they get is a Heat vs Spurs B team.

However, looking at the big picture, this was such a, let's say, "F*ck You!" move by Pop to the league. They played the largest number of games in 16 along with OKC and Utah and they played the largest number of road games in 10. Miami was their 11th road game. Pop has punished Stern, and ultimately the league, by destroying the networks' ratings.

David Stern has already told that "substantial sanctions will be forthcoming". Stay tunned!

$250k fine for Spurs.

Like ss4_goku said, even with their B team, Heat only win by 5 and that was due to a crazy run late in 4th quarter.

Popovich is the man anyway.

David Stern is being a bully here, as Skip Bayless has been pointing out, the schedules leading up to the game was very favourable to Miami.

Can they appeal?

Come aboard my friend! Feel free to join the Blue & Orange movement.

Scorebox belt
stevebelt.gif

Sheed with the double check
ibbSh50RBhW32I.gif

Let's salsa!
iQNEeI4oOBq5Y.gif

A blockbuster success
partV.jpg

#Knickstape
tumblr_mefko2NRaF1qdxsuyo1_250.gif

(I'm deeply sorry for this homerish post but the Knicks finally rule! :BOP:)

Last edited:
I even started an 2k13 association with the knicks for the first time!

I think I may do the same, I'm a Knick in My Player and I have no motivation to play with the Suns right now, so disappointing.

Ya, the Knicks are solid, esp. on D. The Lakers are also picking up steam. I can see them going on a few long win streaks and then they are right back in the convo when talking about elite teams in the assoc.

lol

Dude. They are nearly 20 games in. Only a quarter of the season. Still early, plus stranger things have happened.

Dude. They are nearly 20 games in. Only a quarter of the season. Still early, plus stranger things have happened.

I quite don't see how they can get to the final. I guess it's gonna be a rematch thunder heat. Lakers have the worst team chemistry in the league and the most overrated head coach in the league.

Paul Gasol could make the fortune of some 20 teams in the NBA.

The team was poorly assembled, it is poorly coached and kb's ego does not match his skills anymore. still he needs to shoot 60 times a game to get his fancy numbers.

Yeah, blame gasol, the only decent team player they have.

I would be very glad if the Lakers decided to trade Pau Gasol only to find he automatically lifts his next team and eliminates them in the playoffs. There were rumour of Gasol to the Timberwolves, and if those came true that would be truly amazing. Rubio, Love, Gasol and all the talent they have areound would fit perfectly.

The problem is that the rumours always implied Ridnour or Barea plus some other shooter to Lakers. And frankly, I don't see why he Lakers would fall for this.

Whoever assembled the Lakers bench and put that coach there has to be the biggest fail in the NBA in the last decade. They may even miss the playoffs!

I agree.

I wanna see Gasol out of Lakers and instantly improve another team and eliminate LA in play-offs.

I quite don't see how they can get to the final. I guess it's gonna be a rematch thunder heat. Lakers have the worst team chemistry in the league and the most overrated head coach in the league.

Paul Gasol could make the fortune of some 20 teams in the NBA.

Anyone can get to the final if they make the playoffs dude. Some teams just have a better chance than others. Teams just like players go through hot and cold streaks. About the Thunder and Heat. Just because you think that it`s going to be a rematch doesn`t mean it will happen! Funny how you go on to state that they have the worst team chemistry and most overrated coach in the league and then fail to support those statements without a solid argument. Enlighten us.

i think the "run and gun" with current la roster is a well known objection.

but then again i am a celtic fan so i guess i am biased...but cleveland should be enlighting a lot of people tonight!

I'm glad I stayed up for it, great game but again I don't see how Amare fits in.

the lakers game was an ugly one. hopeless team without gasol and nash. I'd take Gasol over DH any time in the paint.

I'm glad I stayed up for it, great game but again I don't see how Amare fits in.

A stretch PF like Josh Smith would have been a better fit for this team. Anyway, Amare seems good out there, guy was working out before the Nets and he seems in shape. I also noticed that he developed his post game. Still, a bit concerned about how is he going to mesh with Chandler who's been absolutely great at the PnR.

Matt, are you a Knicks fan too? I need some help here :)

Back
Top Bottom