NBA Thread

Is it a coincidence that the Knicks are playing amazing basketball after I sign a big deal with them in NBA 2K?!

:COAT:

You've been strangely quiet about the Knicks streak... Are you being cautious or just found that they will start losing the moment you start bragging about it? ;)

You've been strangely quiet about the Knicks streak... Are you being cautious or just found that they will start losing the moment you start bragging about it? ;)

Jinx post. You're very welcome Alexis! Now the Grizzlies are going to smash us. :(

Yea, I've been very cautious about this Knicks team, a 5-0 streak means nothing in a 82 games season. However, last night, Knicks proved the world that they are serious and should be taken in consideration. As I stated previously, this (by "this" I mean their current shape, gameplan, ball movement, rotations, etc) NY team is title contender.

Trade Amare.

I wish we could trade him for something valuable, I wish we could trade him for, let's say, Pau Gasol who fits this system perfectly, match made in heaven. However, this is nothing but a pipedream. STAT's contract is uninsured, no one will put his hands on him.

Send him (and some picks etc) to Atlanta for Josh Smith.

Looks like the Knicks did indeed lose to the Grizzlies, I still think they are contenders if they can continue their 5-0 form, if Felton, Melo, Kidd, Chandler & Smith can continue like this + Stoudemire returning soon.

Ya, the Knicks are solid, esp. on D. The Lakers are also picking up steam. I can see them going on a few long win streaks and then they are right back in the convo when talking about elite teams in the assoc.

Goodness. Tobi kicked my ass in fantasy this week 8-1. Time to evaluate my squad. Good news for college hoop fans. Shabazz is back. Can`t wait to see him dominate the Pac 12. He will be the star of next years draft class. Defn the early number 1 pick because of his superstar potential and high ceiling.

PAcers look crap this year. OBviously Granger is out but they have more problems than that.

Grizzlies on the other hand look impressive like last year but dare I say it EVEN more solid. They are an outside contender. GOOD team!

Send him (and some picks etc) to Atlanta for Josh Smith.

Atlanta says no (btw, we can't trade picks as we have traded it all in the past! Oh wait, we have this year's pick! :BOP:). Anyway, I just think is going end up as a Laker. Somehow Kupchak will pull a trade out of the blue sending Gasol to a third team and expiring contracts and picks to the Hawks which is what they are looking for. This is not like our trades when I send you a bag of ships and receive Kensi Blye in return. :P Btw, I have Kate Reed now. :BOP:

Looks like the Knicks did indeed lose to the Grizzlies, I still think they are contenders if they can continue their 5-0 form, if Felton, Melo, Kidd, Chandler & Smith can continue like this + Stoudemire returning soon.

Ya, the Knicks are solid, esp. on D. The Lakers are also picking up steam. I can see them going on a few long win streaks and then they are right back in the convo when talking about elite teams in the assoc.

As I told you before, this new look New York Knicks are legit title contenders.

It is nice to see that you guys are starting to see the same exact types of things that thousands of Knick fans, such as myself, have envisioned during the stretch:
- One of the most talented teams in the game today.
- One of the deepest teams in the league.
- A boat load of defensive minded players performing under a defensive minded coach. The recipe for a great defense.
- An MVP type of franchise leader and talented player in Carmelo Anthony (finally focused on his game like never before. Oh and in shape! No more fatty Melo!).
- An experienced team with veteran players who can contribute to postseason sucess.

You start turning atheists into believers. It feels good man! :))

Another win at the Garden. Looking really, really good.

Boring game to say the least but I'll take it any day of the week. A win is a win and it's important to get back on track after the first loss.

Tobi kicked my ass in fantasy this week 8-1. Time to evaluate my squad.

I know a certain guy who's kicking ass right now in this fantasy league... Just sayin'. :P

Hope the wiz get him

You'll get better as soon as Wall and Nene get back on court. I still think the Pistons are the worst team in NBA.

PAcers look crap this year. OBviously Granger is out but they have more problems than that.

Grizzlies on the other hand look impressive like last year but dare I say it EVEN more solid. They are an outside contender. GOOD team!

They look crap indeed. 3 reasons:
- Danny Granger is out.
- Hibbert has been awful so far.
- Walsh made a mistake trading Collison to Dallas.

Oh the mighty Grizzs, hottest team in the league right now! Honestly, I wouldn't be surprise if they can make it to the WCF.

PS1: Bargs is ridiculous. 2 rebounds against the C's. Are you serious man? He just can't rebound to save his life for God sake!

PS2: Bynum bowling:
70vqxu.gif

:LOL:

Last edited:
Lol at Bynum and ya Shabaz is going to be a very good NBA player. He's so explosive. That said, the kid to keep on eye on is the Canadian boy Andrew Wiggins. If Lebron was the chosen one, Andrew Wiggins is clearly the next one!

Love is back baby and he already had a 34 pts 14 rebounds game :D
Too bad he was still on my bench, so that game didn't count.

Oh and I'm pleased with Golden State performance so far. Let's hope we stay healthy.

Knicks were awful last night but something must be said about refereeing (and I really hate to talk about refs, I'm always trying to avoid those Clásico threads where everybody starts jumping at the refs).

2eczxfp.gif

3pt play? Nah, offensive foul! How come? Vince Carter was still sliding when he took the charge for God sake!

On the other hand, it's amazing that Melo barely gets any superstar calls. For instance, Kevin Durant attempted more free throws last night (21) than Carmelo Anthony has attempted in his last 3 games combined (19)... and Durant takes two less shots per game at the rim. In SAS words, SO DISRESPECTFUL!

Anyway, awful, terrible game last night. No defensive effort, little ball movement, lazy plays... We should have won this one even though the turrible refereeing. We must overcome any adversity.

EDIT: Nevermind, time to chill out.

YouTube - Kid gets his favorite kind of candy

:LOL:

Last edited:
I had 6 injured players in my roster in the Fantasy League yesterday. Had to do changes again, but I'm getting quite tired. I still have 5 injured players and I don't want to get rid of them, but it's limiting a lot my results...

Agh!

Thats my situation as well drekk, I have Gordon, Wall and Dirk still.
I don't know if I wait, cause Love sure worth the wait, he already had a 20-20 game.
But I checked the free agents this morning and didn't saw anyone worth it.

I'm enjoying this cause it gets me into daily visist to scores and game highlights. So even if I'm last in the game, its working for something :P

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys like James Harden and how many don't?

He tends to be the type of guy who has some die-hard legion of fans and many who absolutely HATE him! lol

I haven't made up my mind yet. He's definitely a hell of a talent, that's for sure. That much I know.

Back
Top Bottom