NBA Thread

It all starts TONIGHT boys!!

I don't care for Fantasy, the REAL thing begins TONIGHT!

Fantasy makes watching the games a lot more interesting. Huge money and ratings coup for not only the NBA, but the NFL as well.

Fantasy makes watching the games a lot more interesting. Huge money and ratings coup for not only the NBA, but the NFL as well.

That's true and I understand it.

I didn't mean no disrespect. I just meant, recently ALL the talk in THIS thread which is an NBA thread has been about Fantasy like who to pick and points, etc.

Now that it's all started again, we can resume talking about the actual league, games, players and rivalries and OF COURSE the Fantasy side of things as well. :)

guys a couple of things

1.)i got lebron in our fantasy league, i won
2.)post what system you have nba 2k on, i would really love to play you guys online..

@ tobi: Ya the offense is bad. Bunch of dudes standing around waiting for stuff to happen. Nash looked totally out of place. I thought Metta was terrible last night. The guy is so out of control on his dribble and post spin moves. Stop trying to be Carmelo dude. Dwight's FT% is going to kill Drekkards team.

@ sauce: I thought the same thing. Fuk that ish.

@ Gomito: You haven't won your game yet, but you are winning. We won't know who won the week 1 matchups till Sundays games are over. I don't have 2k yet. Waiting for a patch that fix all the bugs first.

@ tobi: Ya the offense is bad. Bunch of dudes standing around waiting for stuff to happen. Nash looked totally out of place. I thought Metta was terrible last night. The guy is so out of control on his dribble and post spin moves. Stop trying to be Carmelo dude. Dwight's FT% is going to kill Drekkards team.

@ sauce: I thought the same thing. Fuk that ish.

@ Gomito: You haven't won your game yet, but you are winning. We won't know who won the week 1 matchups till Sundays games are over. I don't have 2k yet. Waiting for a patch that fix all the bugs first.

bro since i got lebron i will win the WHOLE season

I think the Lakers problem is exclusively in the bench. I don't think the Lakers have a team good enough to win the title (that's for Miami and OKC, in my opinion), but they have a team to play much much better than they are doing.

Nash doesn't know what the hell he has to do. I guess Brown doesn't even train offense plays.

PS: Somebody should teach free throws to Howard urgently. Not for the lakers, but for my Fantasy league team, of course. I really didn't want to get so many Lakers players, but I guess I was too unlucky with the draft.

He'll put someone on a poster...maybe not. Brutal shooting in that game.

Last edited:
I caught the Raptors game. Bargs has got to go. Still a liability on D. Fields still sucks. Dude can't hit one open shot. What a waste of money. Moreover, they just signed DD to an extension. This guy is terrible when it comes to finishing at the rim. I wish I had Lowry on my fantasy team. Dude is a triple double threat every night. Valanciunas also has good potential.

James Harden had a great debut.

Nothing new regarding the Suns.

I see my first match up is against Andre... Nice way to start! He will surely play that flop guy... Lin, was it called? :P

I'm sorry, can you repeat? Lin 4 TO; Dwight 6 TO :P

Yes, I know, you're on the lead but today I'll have my OKC boys (Durantula, Iblocka and Martin) on court. :D

Houston, they have a problem!
Y1y4Q.png

I caught the Raptors game. Bargs has got to go. Still a liability on D. Fields still sucks. Dude can't hit one open shot. What a waste of money. Moreover, they just signed DD to an extension. This guy is terrible when it comes to finishing at the rim. I wish I had Lowry on my fantasy team. Dude is a triple double threat every night. Valanciunas also has good potential.
Well I have both Lowry and Barg, I've been seriously thinking about droping Barg, but I'll give him one week at least, but its gonna be the right move in the end, cause I have tons of PFs, if anybody is interested on a trade I'm in, he can at least score :LOL:

I just want my double double machine back Mr.Love!

Nothing new regarding the Suns.
Warriors bench were great! I can see us having a decent season now, bad night from the starters but Jack, Rush and Landry got it. I want a playoff spot :BOP:

What do you want for Lowry and Bargs? I have two SF - DeRozan and Klay Thompson (ok, more a SG but yea) - you might be interested in.

541238_10151083443231536_643884807_n.jpg

:LOL:

Last edited:
Fuk me that chick is hot. Derozan and Bargs are both useless though. Derozan can't dribble, shoot or finish at the rim. 40 mil for what exactly? So he's got all this money now and it's going to magically make him good.

hopefully that money will give him the confidence and focus that the organization has confidence in him and is willing to back him up. Hopefully that will lead to better numbers and production from him to fulfill the potential that he has...

Nice breakdown of OKC without Harden on Inside the NBA.

http://www.nba.com/insidethenba/

Bargnani had three rebounds in that game, Charles Barkley must be fuming.

I saw the last seven minutes of that game and David West (who only had two rebounds) had his way with their defence.

My thoughts on the first games I've watched:

- The Lakers need to change the coach if they want to get even into the playoffs. Brown must be changed as soon as possible. Nash is out of the flow by now and the bench is unexistant.

- OKC has a togh season ahead. The loss of Harden may prove too much a loss for the chemistry of the team and the playmaking.

- Portland surprised me a lot. Lillard seems a very solid PG and they have a young, athletic roster. I can definitely see them in the playoffs after some terrible seasons. Though they flopped too much and the refs should have been more strict with them.

- Harden will grow at Houston and will make thr franchise grow. But it may prove a franchise too small for him in the near future. After all, he may spend years without getting into a final again and Houston needs to strengthen a lot the team to have chances to fight for something serious.

- The Clippers and the Grizzlies continue to be 2 great teams, though I feel the Grizzlies have lost a lot without Mayo. I may be very wrong.

- Chicago will be a threat when Rose come back, but they look exactly the same as the last seasons. They still lack a piece to be title contenders.

- Miami is even stronger, so it's the only team I see winning the title. Allen can offer what Miller didn't in the last 2 seasons.

- Dallas: I really don't know where they are heading to.

- Washington, Sacramento: They have some power players there, but there's no feeling of team.

- Toronto: Possibly on of the teams with the best collection point guards and the weakest in the paint. Too unbalanced.

Last edited:
Great to see this thread and all this NBA discussion well and truly here now! :)

9 games scheduled tonight! There are a couple I'm especially looking forward to like Houston @ ATL

- Portland surprised me a lot. Lillard seems a very solid PG and they have a young, athletic roster.

Lillard has a very high ceiling and is my pick for ROY. Probably even higher than John Wall. There are so many good young pgs. If I could rank the top young point guards in terms of ceiling it would be 1) Irving 2) Lillard 3) Wall. However, in all honesty Wall should be number 1 with all the physical gifts he has.

James Harden will be an all star this season.

I don't fully understand the points system in the fantasy league but I'm certain that turnovers aren't helping.

Back
Top Bottom