NBA Thread

Guys Heat only played well because I was on them last night! :P

They deserved the win and 1-1 is fair as they've been arguably the better team for 6 quarters out of 8 so far anyway.

But yeah I cashed out on OKC -5 in Game 1 and then took Heat for $30 last night as +5.5 and they were OUTRIGHT winners! :D

;)

LBJ was a beast last night! Didn't he make like 11 out of 11 Free-throws?!

Guy was ice cool last night and deserved his win. Battier with another 17 point game. Nice 3's. Heat will need him if they're gonna win this.

12 of 12, yeah.

I don't buy the whole, 'Thunder just need to start early & they'll win easy', stuff. Heat made their run early, Thunder made their run late. The Heat's run outscored the Thunder's.

Even if OKC do turn up from the tip, Miami are STILL gonna make a run at some point. The series simply comes down to Wade vs Westbrook - KD & LeBron are gonna get 30+ pts a night; each. Easy.

Referees again allowing ridiculous contacts to Miami and whistling offensive fouls for nothing to Okc. Loosing a bit the faith and joy in the finals if this goes on.

Bosh seems fully recovered, and that are the best possible news for the heat.

Dude, that just isn't true. You'll get more fouls if you get the ball in the paint more often; that's what Miami have done. Don't make shit up just cos it's Miami :LOL:

I wouldn't say that entirely. OKC had plenty of chances to win. Miami turned the ball over several times, esp Wade. Basketball 101 says that if you drive the ball to the basket you have a better chance of drawing a foul. I think everyone knows that Miami is not a jump shooting team. OKC has no one to blame but themselves if they lose the series. They had their chances in the 4th quarter. Everyone is quick to blame the refs. Makes me wonder how long they have been watching basketball. :LMAO:

First things first. So, as I said in a previous post about game 2, I think Miami was slightly better than OKC in the key moments and that's why they deserved the win.

But that said, in very specific moments of the match the refering was a joke. The 1st (a ridiculous slightly contact called as offensive foul) and 4th fouls of Durant are simply unexistant. There's no way Lebron or Wade are whistled an offensive foul against them.

But probably what strike me the most happened in the last minutes:

- Wade does an acrobatic drive and scores, and gets the "and one", and in the TV replay you can see absolutely no one touches him. Sefolosha is awarded the foul.

- Some plays later, Sefolosha steals the ball to Wade and does the quick counter, and it should have definitely have been an "and one" because Wade clearly fouls him. Some OKC players even watch the referees not believing it, as I did from my couch. I mean, precisely compared to the previous play, it seems a joke, isn't it?

- The ball goes to Westbrook in the last minute, and throws and misses the 3 pointer. Nothing wrong there... Nothing? Wait, see the TV replay, and Spoelstra is INSIDE the pitch, more than one meter inside the pitch, just in the plain line of sight of the referee WHILE Westbrook receives and shoots. According to the rules in this sport, it's technical foul. The bloody ref is just in front of Spoelstra and simply moves the arms like saying "get off man, they are playing!". Considering Brooks was awarded a technical foul for asking for a foul in the first quarter, it's a bit scandalous how both coaches are treated in comparison.

- And the final foul of Harden to Lebron? That's nothing of a defensive foul. In fact, it's exactly the same play that costed Durant his first offensive foul. Exactly the same. I don't like this kind of "easy" and "popular" decisions.

So, I know it was not due to the referees specifically, but in every match there are just too many of this contradictions, and most of them with the same direction. Durant and Westbrook are tired of driving in and not getting any foul, so they end up doing jumpers from mid range.

As I said many many times, I'm not saying that the referees are deciding the match, but they're being a bit laughalble in some aspects (as they have always been in the finals, mind you. Other years we have seen worse, specially when the Lakers got all the referee favours back in the 2000s).

Last edited:
http://t.co/bhPUv3j4

There you have Spoelstra invading the pitch in the crucial play and Crawford clearly behind him and doing nothing.

Currently watching the third quarter and the referee show is again ridiculous. Battier is allowed to hit everyone, there are no fouls against miami again (6 minutes without calling any) and every contact on Lebron and Wade is called. Sorry but Miami doesnt need this kind of referees as they are showing they can and probably will beat OKC without all this unnecessary and unpunished toughness. It remembers me A bit the Pistons of the 90s.

Miami may win the match but the theatrics of lebron are a bit too much. He just loves playing the superhero. By the way, blatant fouls to durant an sefolosha again in the last 2 minutes and nothing happens. Really really disgusting. It's impossible to win when you know they wont award you any foul in the llast 2 minutes of EVERY 4 th quarter in this series. Just watch the statistics, man. Every doubtful play falls in favour of miami, everytime. And what about bosh holding Ibaka to prevent him blocking Chalmers? It's amazing what happens in the last 3 minutes everytime, just watch the replays.

Last edited:
LOL. So I guess you didn't see James Harden missing layups, free throws, and wide open shots. Mr. max contract? Righhhhht

I don't see OKC coming back from this.

By the way, can I just point this out;

StuartCulli said:
I don't buy the whole, 'Thunder just need to start early & they'll win easy', stuff. Heat made their run early, Thunder made their run late. The Heat's run outscored the Thunder's.

Even if OKC do turn up from the tip, Miami are STILL gonna make a run at some point.

:SMUG: Man, I'm good.

And man, that three-pointer LeBron made in the 4th whilst limping. I was punching the air so hard :LOL: But Sefolosha was playing awful D. He's got a guy who can barely walk let alone drive to the basket & he's giving him the jumper?! OKC are just making too many mental errors & it's costing them big so far.

Oh yeah; and of course the refs are being bribed :SMUG:

Stuart, I think Miami deserved the win because they are playing much more in control. OKC is losing the series in the mental aspect of the game.

So in my oppinion Miami deserve it. But, come one, I watched the full match, and the previous ones as well, from start to finish. And really there's a clear difference on what's being tolerated on one side of the pitch compared to the other one. Not all the time, but in most of the key moments it's been like that. And not all the players. Mostly in plays involving Wade and Lebron, who seem to have some extra care treatment by Crawford.

But, Harden and Fisher are missing key shots while Chalmers and Battier aren't. The finals are bieng decided by the secondary actors, not the main stars. And surprisingly, Miami is being a lot better than OKC at this.

O shit cant believe Miami will win this, not because of Lebron, but Wade, I absolutely hate him, and I mean him playing the game, don't even know how he is off court, not that I care about that part to form my opinion. On court he is already an arsehole.

By the way I haven't watch any playoff game since an early Celtics vs Heat one :(
I was kinda of predicting this and not even bothering.

By the way I haven't watch any playoff game since an early Celtics vs Heat one :(
I was kinda of predicting this and not even bothering.

Once again, I beat you. I haven't watch any PO game since the Knicks series against Miami. I have ended that stretch last Sunday though.

That was written all over, imo. I hate to be the "I told you so" guy but I've been telling you all over the year that Miami were going to grab this one. However, I didn't expect such an "easy" win, I still can't believe they are going to beat OKC 3 times in a row. :(

Raq1G.jpg

They'll play desperate but I don't think Miami will be complacent this time.

I'm staying up for this, hate avoiding the internet in the morning as I watch the recording.

I rode Thunder in Game 1 for $20 and Heat in Game 2 for $30 and won both.

Game 3 and 4 we decided to lay low as it'd be too close to call. I'm glad we did as game went back and forth and didn't warrant risking money on.

Tonight, I'm back on Thunder for $20.

Let's see if this goes back to Oklahoma for Game 6. I think it may but even if it doesn't, as long as they cover the +3.5 spread I'm happy! :)

Back
Top Bottom