NBA Thread

West >>> East that's for sure.

Spurs would take care of both Boston and Miami as well.

Damn, a couple of weeks ago I joked with a friend saying that once the Spurs lost a game, they wouldn't win another one. I wish I'd put money on that prediction...

"We played good enough to give ourselves a chance to win," James said. "That's all you can ask for."

Superstars of today huh?

WadeTantrum.gif

Hope he does this again tonight after another loss...

Last edited:
James was unstoppable ! I hope Miami goes through, game 7 are great to watch nervy n non-stop intensity. I still think OKLA-homa will take it though :COAT:

'LeBron, LeMagnifique' - by Shaun Powell (NBA.com)

If your attitude is still stubbornly stuck in 2010, circa early July of that year, and you get queasy just thinking about the man and the way he left poor little Cleveland, just stop. Stop the hate and start to appreciate. Get over it, and get behind this: LeBron James just painted a da Vinci, though not quite a Jordan, to save his team from an embarrassing elimination.

Isn’t that enough? As a basketball fan, shouldn’t that be what you want to see and feel and witness? Does anything else even matter?

Shouldn’t you and others with irrational and over-the-top despise for the three-time MVP concede that basketball is better when he’s on top of his game, as he was Thursday in a do-or-death night for a Miami team everyone wants to fail?

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/06/08/lebron-lemagnifique/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

If he did that sort of thing on a regular basis, I'd respect him more, that's for sure.

And I don't mean a spectacular game, I mean playing with that Killer Instinct, you rarely see that from him, the "eye of the tiger" look.

I know what you mean. Interesting to see how being at home will affect his mindset in those terms.

I don't wanna see any chest-bumping. No high-fives. I don't even wanna see any smiling. I want to see LeBron James & Dwyane Wade control Game 7 from the tip-off. Cos Boston will come out hard.

Unlucky, Boston; that was one hell of a series - I'll be very sad if that is indeed Garnett/Allen's final game in the NBA. The way Garnett headed straight back to the locker room suggests so :(

We got the Finals match-up we wanted though; LET'S. GO. HEAT. :D

The guy who made a spectacle of signing with his superbuddies chasing an easy ring vs the guy who quietly signed an extension to win a championship with the team who drafted him.

I know who I'm rooting for.

David Stern has got his dream final. The ratings are gonna be off the charts.

There was an OKC themed "Beat the Heat" shirt for sale at the online NBA store (for a few hours at least, it was pulled) BEFORE game 7 between Boston and Miami.

Won't be able to watch tonight as 9pm ET is 2am here & I'm up at like half 8 tomorrow morning. Just means OKC go 1-0 up, I'm afraid.

OKC >>> Miami Heat

Durant >>> LBJ

Durant = Real MVP

I can see OKC winning this in 5 games but as David Stern will want to maximize profit and nothing does that more than a decisive Game 7, (just look at Celtics vs. Heat TV ratings for Game 7!), expect this to go the distance.

Last edited:
LBJ is phenomenal but on certain nights only and not always. He doesn't turn up every single night.

Durantula however, you can bet on him to show up and get the job done every single night. The most consistent player, 3 times scoring champion consecutively and this should be his MVP title this year.

:LOL:

Durantula and Westbrook come on strong in the 4th decisive quarter. You can always count on Durantula as I was saying! EVERY game! Soo cool and calm! So confident without any extra flashiness. Makes free-throw after free-throw unlike LBJ who had some nice drives to basket but missed the FT's late on. KD is the best player on the planet right now!!

A much stronger 4th quarter from Durant and Westbrook compared to LBJ and Wade means OKC wins by 11 and I cash out on the -5 spread and am repaid for my faith in Durant and OKC. :)

Good comeback from OKC.

I know he isn't 100% but Bosh is taking too many three's and spending too much time out in that area. If he can't contribute in the paint then what's the point?

Miami is lucky Westbrook is so dumb. Dr. Good Russ and Mr. Bad Russ keep switching between each either, from a good pass or drive to the basket to an ill advised contested shot in transition with no teammates on the paint for the rebound.

Anyway, GO OKC! :)

2012-June-12-23-24-31.jpg

:LOL:

Last edited:
Yes Westbrook can be very annoying and lacks maturity still.

Came on great in the 4th quarter especially last night though and OKC have the win largely thanks to him and Durant's 4th quarter performances.

But yeah the kid's full of talent but got a LOT to learn still.

Back
Top Bottom