NBA Thread

LeBron 24 Free throws. Wade & LeBron 2 fouls combined.

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33 You can't win 5 against 8. This game is one of the all-time jokes. I am so disgusted by this game and the league as a whole.

2uhtmwg.png

Obvious no-call there.

Heat in the Finals = ratings.

Bill Simmons needs to get over it. The fact of the matter is this. Stuff like this happens in NBA games all the time. Its just highlighted because a lot of people are watching the playoffs and its the Miami Heat.

Errr... no.

I read through the entire games thread on Operation Sports, and it's pretty much consensual that the refs f*cked the Celtics over a lot of times last night, particularly in key moments.

Man, I didn't watch the game last night (tbh I've lost my interest on this since the Knicks are out) but, damn, this guy is ranting all over! :LOL:

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

@johnhollinger Pippen was bigger than Pierce and jumped higher too... averaged 3 fouls per game in playoffs. Doing all same things as LBJ.

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

PS: Shame of Game 2 is that I'll remember the refs as much as Rondo going all 53 in 1 of the greatest Celtic performances ever. Thanks, NBA.

5h Bill Simmons Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

Last point: it's not about favoring teams, but favoring STARS. That's what the NBA does. My '06 column still holds: http://tinyurl.com/mj7fz

Last night's shot chart negates any "Miami takes it to the hoop more" argument. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart ... =320530014 Oh and Miami took 11 more 3's.

PS: The irony is that LBJ, Wade and Battier are 3 of the league's most aggressive players. They were given carte blanche last night. Fact.
Expand

Last night's officiating travesty wasn't just about the 2 missed calls in OT. LBJ/Battier/Wade were reffed differently than Pierce. Period.
Expand

Even MJ never averaged less than 2 fouls per game in the playoffs. Here, look. http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ami01.html
Expand

In playoffs: LBJ ranks 2nd in MPG (41.1), 1st in FTA (10.8), 15th in RPG (9.2), 4th in steals (2.2) ... and 104th in fouls per game (1.8).

Its amazing how teams respond when their desperate.

In recent memory, Goran Dragic single handedly decimating San Antonio in the fourth quarter.

And Nash playing with one eye closed and scoring ten points and five assists.

If only J Rich boxed out :CRY:

Everything Bulls related in the 90's.

Unlike LeBron (*wink* StuartCully *wink*), Jordan had dozens and dozens and dozens of "Playoff Moments"... :)

If I had to choose only one, well:

YouTube - Michael Jordan's Final Shot

The moment that simply defines Greatness. We all knew he was gonna make it. I still get goosebumps watching it today... :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought you were probably a bit (or a lot) younger, being a LeBron fan and all.

I remember watching that last shot from Jordan, screaming my lungs out and waking everybody up in my house at around 4am. Good old days. :)

19 years old so my earliest MJ memory is Space Jam :LOL:

LeBron first got me into the NBA around 2007 but didn't start really watching his games until 2009. So, I've kinda stuck with him throughout.

Incidentally, what are people's favourite Playoff moment?

My favourite playoff moment? Good joke bro... :COAT:

I think I start watching it very young. I'm 22 and I remember the likes of Ewing, Sprewell (my fav Knick that time), Ward and Houston quite well. Loved NBA Live 99. :D

Great comeback from OKC, expect the Spurs to play desperate in Game six.

Bosh MAY be back tonight for Game 5. Miami listed him as a 'day-to-day' injury Sunday, I think. Fingers crossed. Miami need a lift from somewhere.

Bosh needs to play at least 30 minutes Thursday night. 9 points & 7 rebounds in 14 minutes, yet Spoelstra sits him?!!?

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

Back
Top Bottom