NBA Thread

yup, Kobe is a real winner, he is the man always stepping up on big occasions, you know. but tbh, I like OKC and their style, I would love to see them winning the title much more than Lakers though so kind of like to be proven wrong as well.

I don't really think Lakers have a chance at the title bro. Then again anything's possible, Chelsea just won CL. :P

Lakers will do amazing if they can just get past OKC but I doubt that would happen.

I'm personally on OKC tonight for $20.

And Kobe is a real winner and arguably the second best player EVER but if you watched Game 2, he had a couple missed shots right at the end and then gifted Kevin Durant a KEY turn over which meant OKC won it right in the final 2 minutes despite being 7 points behind.

Last night Lakers won and gave themselves a life line but I think it was mostly down to keeping their respect and not getting swept 4-0 like Mavericks did. I can't see OKC losing 3 more to Lakers. I can see them beating them twice more though especially as Lakers are tired (7 games against Nuggets where they kinda struggled) and are older while OKC is young, fit and well rested. Game 5 is tomorrow of course so regardless of how tonight's match up goes, I think OKC will win tomorrow as fresh legs are really important and they just have a better deeper squad.

Let's see what happens now.

Yeah, I see your points and I see what happened too. Seriously, no arguments with you over predictions. :D

Just one thing, I also didn't think they'd have as much chance to win it as OKC and Spurs, but had they beaten OKC they'd also prove that they are a serious title contender after all. You know, winning against a highly favoured team always gives the winner an extra boost and confidence. Oh wait.. Zen Master is long gone, isn't he? Damn, how I forgot that?! :DOH:

YouTube - Duncan denies Griffin!

.. and no reaction from TD, as always! :SMOKIN:

Last edited:
My predictions are still on course. :D

I expect Miami to win tonight because great players, (Wade), don't have that many bad games in a row. Just attack the god-damn basket, Dwyane!

I love Wade as a player and I hate flopping, but you can't tell me it's just players you don't like that flop? All the stars in this league not only flop but travel/walk/carry - all that shit.

Yeah it's kind of like footy where EVERYbody dives and protests and tries to influence refs. It's just some do it more than others. But EVERYBODY does cuz they wanna win more than anything.

Nice vid Kanoute! Yup I love Tim Duncan! One of the most under-rated players to ever play the game and that's because he wasn't 'flashy' or arrogant enough for some people to ever be huge fans.

Pacers vs. Heat is gonna be AWESOME tonight. Can't wait!

Yeah, I'm totally psyched for it. Fingers crossed Miami tie it up but this game won't go over 90 points. I hate close games :LOL:

I love Wade as a player and I hate flopping, but you can't tell me it's just players you don't like that flop? All the stars in this league not only flop but travel/walk/carry - all that shit.

Almost everyone flops and/or cheats. But Wade and LeBron are both probably top 3 players, they don't need to.

I kind of "forgive" a player like Derek Fisher flopping because he's old and slow, and there's no other way of him to get an edge over opponents.

LeBron and Wade on the other hand have the talent and the physical superiority over almost everyone in the league, and it's sickening to me to see them flop. The Miami Heat and the LA Clippers are the two clear leaders of flopping in the league.

And Wade particularly hurts himself because he drives to the basket and shoots with flopping already on his mind, and he doesn't give himself the best chance of scoring because he's already twisting in the air and flailing his arms about before any contact is made. Then you see him laying on the ground instead of recovering defensively, and complaining to the refs after almost every non call.

Excellent half for Indiana but they're only up 8 with LeBron the only Heat player in double figures. Come on, Wade. Step the fuck up!

Well Wade CERTAINLY stepped up in 2nd half.

Guy is F'n AMAZING! Couldn't miss a shot in that 2nd half. The opposite of Game 3!

He was excellent tonight tho he got off to a bit of a rough start and TERRIBLE in Game 3 which was probably his worst play off game ever.

Anyway, Wade, LeBron and The Heat kinda redeemed themselves and so now it's all tied up. Next 3 games are gonna be 3 BATTLES! Still don't know who'll go through but now Miami have given themselves a chance. It'll be tough as they are two good teams.

Haslem was incredible especially in that 4th quarter! Chalmers needs to improve.

p.s. I wonder if LeBron and D-Wade are like best friends? Anyone know? They seem pretty tight and they have fairly similar personalities as well so they probably get along great.

Will the two superstars be able to keep shooting over 50% in the next games to win them? Don't think so. Bosh better hurry up.

Come on, man. Wade has shot like 48% this year, LeBron 53%. Why can't they keep that up?

U.D. was HUGE last night - 8pts in the 4th quarter and he really gave Miami what Bosh gives them on the offensive end.

I like what Shaq said on TNT. Miami need 15/20pts from one other person to win games - that's all Bosh has been averaging.

Chalmers, Haslem, Battier, Miller & even Cole can get those sort of points on a night, (especially back in Miami).

Good response by Miami last night, Danny Grainger needs to quit the tough guy act, your not fooling anyone.

blake-griffin-flop-o.gif

Learn from Duncan you flopping idiot!

Lakers should not have lost this series. When you have two dominant big men like Bynum and Gasol you should be getting a lot of easy buckets. Bynum didn`t come to play and Gasol was hot and cold. That was not the Bynum that dominated my fantasy b-ball league. Hats off to OKC though. Too much speed, athleticism, and hot shooting.

I never condoned flopping. I hate it too. But until the league does something about it, it's going to happen. People get their shit all wrapped up in it & love to forget that every team has fucking floppers. Jheez.

Airjoca's post is primarily about the hard fouls from last night which were a staple of the NBA a couple of decades ago. The 'Golden Age' of the NBA which people crave again. It's the Playoffs - play to fucking win.

Back
Top Bottom