NBA Thread

I never condoned flopping. I hate it too. But until the league does something about it, it's going to happen. People get their shit all wrapped up in it & love to forget that every team has fucking floppers. Jheez.

Airjoca's post is primarily about the hard fouls from last night which were a staple of the NBA a couple of decades ago. The 'Golden Age' of the NBA which people crave again. It's the Playoffs - play to fucking win.

oh i agree with you, but i was saying the difference between the heat now and the old heat teams as that those old teams did not flop... lebron is such a fucking pussy, and yes they did play hard, but nothing like the knicks riley teams

Airjoca's post is primarily about the hard fouls from last night which were a staple of the NBA a couple of decades ago. The 'Golden Age' of the NBA which people crave again. It's the Playoffs - play to fucking win.

Sorry but no.

A hard foul is when you go hard for the ball, like Psycho T did with Wade. Those from the Heat were just retaliation and punk moves. Nobody loved the Pistons and Knicks of the golden age except their fans.

Those franchises had the worst reputation for it, definitely, but don't tell me other players weren't throwing elbows, swinging arms etc. in order to get a physical/mental advantage on the opponent - especially in the Playoffs.

YouTube - NBA TV | Open Court: Elbow Room

02:41 - "A lot of guys just will try to intimidate you, they don't really wanna fight. They just wanna see are you intimidated." - Charles Barkley

Get over it. It's competitive basketball.

Pittman's foul, I will give you. The wink he gave someone afterwards was shameful & I hope they upgrade that to a Flagrant 2 and he's made to sit, (:LOL:), but Haslem is that sort of player - unfortunately, he wears a Miami Heat jersey so people don't respect his game like fans would respect someone like KG.

Last edited:
Winning at all costs, if it implies flopping and violence, it's always a bad way to win. I didn't like the Heat attitude last season, but this one they're getting too far on this. One of the unclassiest (if this word exists) set of players I've seen in the NBA in a long long time. They are as skilled as they are idiots.

I don't get why the referees are protecting them now and then. If Rondo was banned for a slight push to a referee I don't see why Wade and Hasleem are allowed to behave like that, or the way Lebron is flopping to the ground like Busquets or Di Maria on its glory days.

Fact is, Miami still would have won the game had Haslem been ejected on that play and Hansbrough been given 20 foul shots.

The Heat's bench reaction after the Pittman flagrant on Stephenson:

post-2841-047588400%201337794764.jpg

It's impossible not to hate this team.

Don't call a team out & then not expect retaliation then. I'm not condoning it at all, I'll say it again, but if someone called out your precious Bulls for being soft and Noah or someone made the play Haslem made you'd be clapping like a fucking seal.

espn.go.com said:
Larry Bird calls Pacers 'soft'

After the worst playoff loss in franchise history, Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird called out his team, saying he believed his team wilted when faced with Tuesday's physical play.

"I can't believe my team went soft. S-O-F-T," Bird told the Indianapolis Star Tuesday night. "I'm disappointed. I never thought it would happen."

When asked to elaborate more, Bird told the newspaper, "That's all I have to say."

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...larry-bird-indiana-pacers-game-5-flop-s-o-f-t

if someone called out your precious Bulls for being soft and Noah or someone made the play Haslem made you'd be clapping like a fucking seal.

No I wouldn't. I'm not a fan of dirty play. I'd want the Bulls to blow them out of the arena with great Basketball, I'm not a fan of "winning at all costs".

First act as GM, trade Dwight Howard.

It's gonna be a WAR tonight! I can see some serious CELEBRATING by either side when they win in the other team's face so hopefully we see an all-out brawl afterwards! :D

PAcers vs. Heat is turning out to be a huge rivalry.

In an hour we'll see the two BEST teams in the NBA go head to head!

I can't wait!

Spurs will have too much for Thunder tonight probably and win by 7-13 points I say.

But I would've loved to see this as THE FINAL. For me there's little doubt, Spurs or OKC would beat Boston or Miami and probably in 5-6 games.

This is the best of the best. West >>> East

OH MY GOD!! That stupid MEANINGLESS buzzer 3 pointer by Harden only fucked up the -5.5 spread for me. Otherwise OKC still loses and Spurs wins of course. Unbelievable!! PHONOMENAL Manu Ginobili on a night where the other big players in Spurs didn't play all that well. Durant fucking made 11 out of 12 FT's and Fisher made 6/7 FG's!

But man this is so cruel! Leading by 10 with a min remaining, and then OKC make 3 USELESS 3-pointers in the last 20 seconds to lose by 3 instead of 6.

If anyone has a video clip of the 20 seconds or last min or so of the game, PLEASE share with me. I'd love to rewatch just how this unbelievably unlucky thing happened! This is a true bad beat and doesn't get any worse! Now I F'n Hate Harden! Had a poor game and didn't do shit but showed up one with not 1 but 2 meaningless 3-pointers in the last 20 seconds to fuck everything up! This is why betting spreads is so dangerous!

Last edited:
Yeah TSO, or anyone else, please let me know if you can find a clip of this game's 'ending' like that buzzer 3-pointer by Harden. I need like to show it to a few people.

lol, it's a good thing players don't quit man. What if the Pacers had quit against NY when Reggie hit all those 3 pointers?

flops.gif

:LOL:

Last edited:
I don't mind players not quitting but if Harden wants another 3-pointer for stat purposes then I wish Manu and others hadn't SWITCHED OFF either and actually try to block his 3-pointer. Because they didn't... they put very little effort knowing even if he makes it, they have the win.

But for Thunder to make 3 off balance 3-pointers in the last seconds was just brutal! This was the worst bad beat of the year next to Clippers over turning a 27 point deficit in 4th quarter against Grizzlies in one of the early games!

@TsO, PLEASE check wherever you may think might have the last 20 seconds or minute or so (or shows that final shot in highlights somewhere), I would REALLY APPRECIATE anyone's help in this matter as I have to show that video to some disgruntled customers who don't understand we were less than half a second away from profiting BIG but instead lost 4 units because of a meaningless 3 at the end.

The game last was missing Steve Nash.

That double flop is brilliant.

No-one is gonna beat the Spurs. Durant & Harden both get 30pts, Westbrook gets 27 and OKC still lose by 9. :SHOCK:

Hopefully we get MIA vs SA in the finals. Would be the best finals matchup since 2010 when we had Boston and L.A.

NBA Hangtime Blog - John Schuhmann said:
LeBron James is a unique player, not just in regard to his skill set, but also in regard to the numbers he puts up. Few players through the years have been able to match the combination of points, rebounds and assists that James records on a nightly basis. And even fewer have been able to do it while scoring so efficiently.

In his second postseason with the Heat, with Chris Bosh having missed half of the team’s 12 games, James has increased his scoring and rebounding to numbers reminiscent of his days in Cleveland. Through Game 1 of the conference finals, James is averaging 29.3 points, 9.1 rebounds and 5.7 assists.

Those numbers have only been achieved three other times in NBA history. And James is responsible for two of those other occurrences, in 2009 and 2010, his last two seasons with the Cavs.

Oscar Robertson is responsible for the other one, averaging 31.8 points, 13.0 rebounds and 9.0 assists over 12 games in the 1963 postseason. But if you throw in one more qualifier — 50 percent shooting — Robertson, who shot 47 percent that year, drops out. And all you’re left with is three James postseasons.

For James, the difference between last postseason and this one is more than just Bosh’s absence. Right after Game 1 of the first round, when Bosh was still very healthy, James explained.

“I’m a different player this year,” he said. “I’m a different person this year.”

The difference is a comfort level with his teammates and with the Heat’s system. And it helps that the Heat aren’t under the microscope quite as much as they were in their first year together.

“There was more pressure felt last year,” James said.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/05/30/james-numbers-stand-alone/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

In terms of offense the Heat system is basically Iso`s for Bron and Wade. They are the same type of player. They need the ball in their hands to be effective.

Back
Top Bottom