NBA Thread

A lot of Knick fans are calling for Phil Jackson. Hard to blame Woodson w/ all the injuries his team has had lately.

Agree with you on Woody. Moreover, its crazy how fast people turned on Mike Woodson. Guy was considered our saviour back in April! :LOL:

I don't think it's his fault at all the Miami are getting battered by the Heat. Let's be honest, Miami is better at almost every position (besides Center of course), they have been together longer, they have better chemistry (the Bron-Wade combo has delivered us some lovely bball movements so far), better fitting pieces, and there coach has been there for almost 3 years (I'm not saying Spoelstra is better than Woody, all I'm stating is that the guy has been around for longer). Plus, as you rightly sorted out, we had injuries and so we have had to use 3 different starting lineups, it's impossible to build team chemstry under these conditions.

That said, I'm not satisfied with him at all. Mike Woodson is all about ISOs and I think that will not work with this team. Man, this series has been so hard to watch! There's no ball movement whatsoever and, when I say he's all about isolations, I mean Melo's ISOs. The problem is that there were too many possessions where the ball didn't even get to Melo. He didn't really try anything in terms of Melo moving without the ball or passing to Melo from a different angle.

So basically, here is his playbook:
1. Melo walks up the court, stands in the mid-post.
2. Davies tries to lob it to him.
3. If they can't get the lob to work, Baron or JR take a jump shoot.
4. Bricks all over!

To sum up, if you have a shot at Phil Jackson you go there and grab him! Unfortunately, at this point, Zen Master to NY is nothing more than a pipe dream.

No, they're not. The '96 Bulls were ridiculously good. The Heat lack talent outside of the big 3, and don't have size inside. However, with Boston aging, Dwight out, Rose out, they have a red carpet to the Finals, but they won't sweep everyone, I'll bet on Indiana, Boston stealing at least a game or two from them.

And I hope and believe they will lose in the Finals against the Thunder, Spurs or the Lakers.

I was exaggerating when I said they would sweep every team in the East but I think you got my point: nobody in the East can beat the crap out of the Heat. Well, Pacers can probably make it a 5 game series. Same goes for Chicago (if they get past Philly, if not, then the Sixers would get swept for sure). Boston is the only team that can realistically beat the Heat in the East but odds are pretty slim though.

As for the Finals, well well, that's an whole new story. Miami still favourites although the battle would be much more intense.

Oh, I don't agree with you at all when you say there are no talent in that team outside the big 3. Imo, Mike Miller is a decent shooter, Battier is a very good defender and is an experienced player. Chalmers and Joel Anthony, albeit not being great, are serviceable at least.

Last edited:
Well, Noah turned his ankle really hard, Gibson also slightly injured his knee, and the Bulls wasted a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter...

GREAT! What else is gonna happen to us? :(

Oh, and Boozer is a soft turd. 80 million, shake my head...

How much did the Heat give to Mike Miller?

I've never seen him do anything.

Amare's hand of stupidity:

1336212488_extras_ladillos_1_0.jpg

How much did the Heat give to Mike Miller?

I've never seen him do anything.

He spreads the floor cos he can, (or at least could), get hot in an instance. With Miller/Battier/Chalmers spreading out the floor, it creates driving lanes for LeBron & Wade to either finish at the rim or kick out to an open team-mate. It's less what Mike Miller etc. does for the Heat, but what their presence allows their two superstars to do.

I've seen James Jones, Battier and Chalmers knock down three's and generally play their roles well but whenever I see Miller he just looks out of place.

The Knicks are 50/50 since trading for Melo, amazing.

Last edited:
Let's go CP3!

I've seen James Jones, Battier and Chalmers knock down three's and generally play their roles well but whenever I see Miller he just looks out of place.

The Knicks are 50/50 since trading for Melo, amazing.

Melo isn't the problem, THE problem was Mike D'Antoni, we were already a 0.500 team before Melodrama.

Glad it was a competitive game last night but anyone who thinks Knicks are gonna win in the AAA is deluded.

My friend, I was very young in 1999 but I remember people saying that it would be impossible for the Knicks to beat the Heat in that series.

Of course you are the fav, fav by a mile, but I wouldn't rule out any surprise.

Baron is done. Dislocated kneecap. :(

Last edited:
Glad to see NY not get swept like defending champs did as that's a bit embarassing and I like The Knicks but yeah this is over. It's only a matter of time...

Celtics raped Hawks last night! You guys see that? and a competitive game at Denver sees Lakers take 3-1 lead with great 4th quarter.

Unfortunately I think it was the Knicks final hurrah and they will be destroyed in game 5.

Hope I'm wrong though.

As for the Bulls, well, see you next season, where we'll be without Rose and Deng for the first couple of months at least. :(

Atlanta merely extended this series, they won't move on. I'd still take the Bulls over the Sixers. But wow, Denver nearly blew it last night. :SHOCK: Glad they hung on & now going back to Denver, that series looks great :D

So we finally win one, but Gibson might be out now. He had injured his knee before, know he twist his right ankle. By the end of next game we might not even have 5 players to send out there... :(

Back
Top Bottom